PDA

View Full Version : HG ammo for range time???

Berettaspeed
01-04-2009, 06:07 PM
After going to the range and getting addicted to shooting. i decided to try a few guns and see what i did and did not like and ended up finding a first time inexpensive gun. I recently got a 24/7pro .40s&w. I love how it feels in the hand and with a regular safety.it tears down very easy. i just wish it was a full size(5.25) instead of the 4.25 barrel.

anywho,
A friend and i are looking to buy bulk ammo and saw some rounds are designed to cause less barrel wear and less residue. just wondering if anyone here recommends ammo for range shooting thats consistant and helps preserving the life of a firearm? or is that just a thing that doesnt exist like they make it out to be. im a noob to the gun world.

i didnt like the Xd with the safey on the handgrip or the glock with no safety.well no saftey that you can set. i still would not mind getting a glock though. i think i tried almost every gun at badger. which from reading on this forum heard a ton of complaints due to service. everytime i was there even my first time i was helped quickly and they didnt seem to get irritated with my questions which made it obvious im an idiot to the gun world.maybe it helps that i didnt have pants that are 4 sizes to big or sporting a "grill". a guy came in today with a gun in his pocket??? WTF?? but itwas pretty funny when he got bitched out in a respectable manner.

Lash
01-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Manual safeties on pistols are for sissies.

Just buy some winchester white box for the range.

Rocket Power
01-04-2009, 06:48 PM
WWB or Blazer brass both cheap at Wal mart.

Berettaspeed
01-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Manual safeties on pistols are for sissies.

Just buy some winchester white box for the range.

IIRC the winchester ones were the ones stating to have less residue compared to other ammo.
i dont mind being a sissy. haha i still feel uncomfortable when other people are holding them. plus you never know.

Lash
01-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Winchesters seem to have more residue in reality. You'll know when your hands start turning black at the range :D

Breecher_7
01-04-2009, 08:01 PM
winchester white box is good cheap shit to pop off, I agree with that.

Berettaspeed
01-04-2009, 08:32 PM
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=497015

they are 1 cent more even bulk than at the range. hahaha

Lash
01-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Just get the regular target and range sh!t.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=540694

73Dustr
01-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Winchester white box at Walmart. As long as you clean your gun regularly, residue shouldn't be that much of an issue.

Lash
01-04-2009, 08:59 PM
As long as you clean your gun regularly, residue shouldn't be that much of an issue.

x2

Rocket Power
01-04-2009, 09:30 PM
x3 nor even regularly, just occasionally :goof.
I wouldn't pay anymore for WinClean than regular WWB, I'm not cranking off 1000 rds in a closet to be worried about the lead burning off the backside of the bullet.

Berettaspeed
01-04-2009, 10:26 PM
ok. i just didnt know if it was that serious like its made out to be when you read things.

so far it has 150 rounds through it from me. i have not seen HG rounds at walmart. only shotgun. maybe i have not looked hard enough.

thanks guys. yeah my aim sucks right now. the sights are a bit off and i just figured out pretty much where its going. LOL damn stock things

Lash
01-04-2009, 10:28 PM
i have not seen HG rounds at walmart. only shotgun. maybe i have not looked hard enough.

They hide them behind the counter. Just ask them.

Rocket Power
01-04-2009, 11:16 PM
They hide them behind the counter. Just ask them.

Yep, the hwy 100 store has better selection/amount than the New Berlin store lately, not sure about others