PDA

View Full Version : 2002 f 350 back up sensor doesnt work?

jakedrew
01-03-2009, 06:27 PM
I have a 2002 f 350(60k miles) and the back up sensor now all of sudden dont work anymore. Any ideas? I used to beep when you got close to something, and now nothing, hit the button and still dont work.

Thanks

jake

Yeehaw
01-04-2009, 08:10 PM
find out what the voltage should be to it and test it and see if there isnt power going back there guessing they run a switch to it that is prolly bad i havnt messed with any before but hopefully its all straight forward. so the whole back up sensor doesnt work. there should be more then one right?

1320PNY
01-04-2009, 08:37 PM
1.) Is there a fuse?

2.) Is there a wiring loom?

If so, recent moisture and freezing may have broken the connection in the loom. Wait a few days, may fix itself.

3.) Check continuity (use a multimeter to detect if the wiring is broken).

4.) Check voltage as previously suggested.

Basically I don't have backup sensors, just had a similar issue with trailer wiring last week. Turned out to be a bad ground and required a new pin in the loom that was behind the bumper. This happens with moisture / salt about every 3 or 4 years on snowmobile trailers.

Reverend Cooper
01-04-2009, 09:13 PM
make sure that the back up sensors themselves are free and clear of dirt,snow,ice first

Yeehaw
01-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Basically I don't have backup sensors, just had a similar issue with trailer wiring last week. Turned out to be a bad ground and required a new pin in the loom that was behind the bumper. This happens with moisture / salt about every 3 or 4 years on snowmobile trailers.

yep another good point i know i sell a lot of trailer harness's because of that :thumbsup

jakedrew
01-05-2009, 05:27 PM
thanks for the reply guys.

i cleaned off the face of the sensors. Went underneath and checked out the wiring and made sure nothing was hanging or messed up. that is as far as i went with it and no luck.

The system went bad this past fall, and the truck doesnt get driven much in the winter. But that is a very good point with the road grime/water getting up there. As the little snow it did go through got stuck up in the bumper area around a sensors.

I will have to monkey around with it some more .

I was just posting to see if there was a "common problem/solution" perhaps that i dont know about.

Thanks again.