PDA

View Full Version : Needed badly

Voodoo Chick
01-02-2009, 10:53 PM
I need the front ground effect for an '89 Camaro, not the sides, or rear, JUST the front, in good shape. I have one on the car, but it needs lots of work, and I'm hoping to find a slightly nicer one. It DOES NOT need to be perfect, it just needs to be decent. PM me if you have one, PLEASE!!

xxtremeteam
01-02-2009, 11:08 PM
i know where there is a whole camaro in that style for 800.00 blown motor body is good but was told floors need work i can get the number if anyone wants it oh yeah its black

BadAzzGTA89
01-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Contact DaveMC on here he has a warehouse of 3rd gen parts!

Voodoo Chick
I just need the front ground effect.......I don't want to see the whole car, I'll just end up wanting to "rescue" it, lol....

RanJer
What kind of work does your current one need? I have spare time....

Voodoo Chick
01-02-2009, 11:13 PM
What kind of work does your current one need? I have spare time....

Well, the front ground effect needs a whole LOT of sanding......it looks like the paint is all shattered, and the urethane under the paint is really rough and odd-textured. It would need to be sanded, primed, and re-painted. the rest of my car is in lovely shape, but that front piece.............holy sh*t.....it needs help.

RanJer
01-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Well, the front ground effect needs a whole LOT of sanding......it looks like the paint is all shattered, and the urethane under the paint is really rough and odd-textured. It would need to be sanded, primed, and re-painted. the rest of my car is in lovely shape, but that front piece.............holy sh*t.....it needs help.

Well like I said... I have spare time.. and I've done a lot of sanding and painting in my lifetime..

BadAzzGTA89
01-02-2009, 11:19 PM
I just need the front ground effect.......I don't want to see the whole car, I'll just end up wanting to "rescue" it, lol....
He has all the parts on shelfs!

Voodoo Chick
01-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Oh, ok........I can deal with that, lol......what's his contact info??

loud91rs
01-03-2009, 01:12 PM
If the chin spoiler (front ground effect) doesn't need to be repaired on the sides because of a rip/tear on the corner, you might be best off just fixing the one you have because they can get kind of pricey.

Voodoo Chick
01-03-2009, 03:41 PM
If the chin spoiler (front ground effect) doesn't need to be repaired on the sides because of a rip/tear on the corner, you might be best off just fixing the one you have because they can get kind of pricey.

It has no tears, it just looks like it went through a war....How pricey do they get?

loud91rs
01-03-2009, 06:26 PM
I know the "aero" 91-92 chin spoilers in good shape can go for about $150. The 85-90 style will probably be around $80, that's just my guess though. If you found a new one wouldn't you have to get it painted anyway? Unless it's all warped, it would probably take forever to heat it up back to normal and not worth the time if so.