PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Shopping

DocDave
01-02-2009, 10:40 PM
I am insurance shopping and I am wondering if anyone has heard good or bad about the following companies. I have never heard of JC Taylor Inc.

Acuity - For my daily Drivers and the house
Progressive - For the motorcycle
JC Taylor Inc. - For the Nova

Thanks in advance for your input.

GRAMPS SS
01-02-2009, 10:43 PM
what i have heard about progressive was from a good friend that owned a body shop...told me to stay away from them....

i have safe co for everything....

Z You L8r
01-02-2009, 11:01 PM
Call Brian at Lakeshore Insurance in Oak Creek. He is an independant that shops rates for you. He is the cheapest by far and have had him for about 10 years. I have all my cars, house, and rental property through him.

His phone number is 414-571-7146. I've referred a number of people to him and everyone has been real happy. Tell him Scott Chapko sent you.

One time my homeowners ins went up about 20%. He called me the day I got the bill and said don't worry I'm shopping around. He found a place cheaper than what I was paying before the increase. Again he called me, I didn't have to call him, now thats service.

1320PNY
01-02-2009, 11:04 PM
American Family seems to be decent. We went to a body shop to ask who works best with aftermarket car damage and the guy told us that American Family fixes cars with Factory Take Off or OE parts, depending on age, and will give you credit for parts you don't take. You can specify any parts you want and the shop will source the parts and then bill you the difference for the whole job. My friend is getting a Seibon Carbon fiber hood since it costs the same as factory.

I have State Farm because they have been good to me for 16 years. My rates are low and my record is not perfect. I've heard from everyone else that State Farm tried to rape them, but I have never felt I was getting a poor deal.

WickedSix
01-02-2009, 11:10 PM
I have progressive for my motorcycle....low rates good coverage low deductable....but I havent had to really use them so I dont know how good they are with claims etc. But they were the least expensive for the tickets I had

Reverend Cooper
01-03-2009, 12:56 AM
In my experience in dealing with insurance comp. American family has proven to be fastest in handling and paying claims and with replacement parts that are factory. I switched to Am. Family 15 years ago due to this. i send my reciepts for the 'stang and they up my coverage no bullshit bring it in and inspect it first. They have my 3 cars,house and umbrella policies.

theavenger333
01-03-2009, 03:22 AM
i had american family, they were excellent.... until something went wrong that was your fault. then it went to shit. i since switched to allstate, and they have been absolutly FANTASTIC for the 4 years.

SSDude
01-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Courtesy of the liberal web, Atheism.about.com, “Peter Lewis, chairman of Progressive Insurance, has donated USD $8.5 million to the ACLU because he believes in the work they do defending Americans’ liberty. [sic]“

Courtesy of the Conservative web site, National Journal “Lewis Was Second Largest Donor To Democrat-527 Groups In 2004 Cycle, Giving $23,997,220. Top Donors To MoveOn.Org Voter Fund 527 Were Herbert And Marion Sandler ($2,505,014), Peter B. Lewis ($2,500,000).”

All of sudden “Progressive” Insurance takes on a new meaning.

I would never send a friend to Progressive for insurance

Stangman98
01-03-2009, 08:32 AM
American Family here. Been with them for the last 16 years. I guess I am a tad bias since I work in the Customer Care Center doing Auto and Property claims for Am Fam too.

JC70SS
01-03-2009, 11:06 AM
progressive is HIGH RISK! If you are not then their rates really suck. Dave pm me my brother is an agent with MANY companies to choose from

claimsman
01-03-2009, 08:01 PM
I just signed a couple months ago with Wilson Insurance out of Sheboygan, got great coverage for 2 cars and the house with massive reductions in premium when I moved from State Farm. Would suggest an agent, they shop for you and get you the best deals, I use the Trottier Agency in Kenosha they have done me right so far.

DocDave
01-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Thanks for all the feedback everyone. The reason I asked about those specific companies is because I am looking into switching to an independent agent and those were the ones recommended. I have been with American Family for about 15 years, but I figure it was time to see how bad I am getting ripped off. Between the house and cars the independent could save me $400 a year.

Yooformula
01-04-2009, 12:15 AM
We always liked being with American but when we moved to Milw they couldnt keep up with rates so we moved over to Sentry which we like alot. They even covered ALL mods to my car with no receipts needed and a small increase in rate for it.