PDA

View Full Version : I need a few suggestions.......

Voodoo Chick
01-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Hey....This summer I'm going to be fixing up my '89 RS, and I want to paint her ground effects some other color than her body, which is bright red. What do you all think would be a sharp-looking contrast color? I don't want to keep them red, I want something that stands out.....I have a few ideas, but would like to see if there's something you guys think of that I haven't....

Reverend Cooper
01-02-2009, 10:24 PM
black

BadAzzGTA89
01-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Please don't do it!
But if you must a dark Charcoal metallic!

Voodoo Chick
01-02-2009, 10:32 PM
I was actually thinking of either black or charcoal......

Burgandy85SS
01-03-2009, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE=BadAzzGTA89;484655
But if you must a dark Charcoal metallic![/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking a charcoal met

Karps TA
01-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Please don't do it!
But if you must a dark Charcoal metallic!

:wstupid

The black becomes almost too much of a contrast. Atleast in the cars I've seen try it on TGO.

The like 84-85 cars also used silver on red.

Voodoo Chick
01-04-2009, 12:05 AM
I'm starting to think maybe just leaving them red might be best.......

RanJer
01-04-2009, 01:10 AM
I'm starting to think maybe just leaving them red might be best.......

:shades

PB86MCSS
01-04-2009, 01:23 AM
I'd keep it red but silver would look nice, potentially...or the darker charcoal or a pewter, IMO. What color is the interior? Maybe to match that, but I'd assume its a shade of gray.

The 87' TA I parted for my TPI donor years ago was a red with silver GFX car, had the 16x8 cross lace wheels too (for sale on here by the person I sold them too recently), a pretty sharp combo I thought. Too bad it was rotted and I wanted parts :D .

Voodoo Chick
01-04-2009, 01:48 AM
I'd keep it red but silver would look nice, potentially...or the darker charcoal or a pewter, IMO. What color is the interior? Maybe to match that, but I'd assume its a shade of gray.

The 87' TA I parted for my TPI donor years ago was a red with silver GFX car, had the 16x8 cross lace wheels too (for sale on here by the person I sold them too recently), a pretty sharp combo I thought. Too bad it was rotted and I wanted parts :D .

The interior is a dark maroon-ish red......The car is the really bright red, with a black hood......my deep, dark desire would be to paint the ground effects bright metallic silver, but I think I may be the only one that would think that would look hot. I am notoriously tacky. The car is in really good shape, and the paint is still very bright, though. 90 % sure I'll leave them red.....but......

PB86MCSS
01-04-2009, 02:04 AM
I think its safe to say red with maroon effects would clash but if you like being tacky....

Silver would look good and fit the car, IMO. I don't think it would be unique though, if thats what you are after.

My parents next door neighbor has a red 89' RS, has red effects which is a clean look. Clean car with lower mileage, he used to really baby it and keep it stored 99% of the time and never out in bad weather but for some reason he parked it outside starting a few years ago for his newer Olds to get the garage :durr . Hardtop 305 TBI/5 speed car, nice start for an auto x machine :) .

Voodoo Chick
01-04-2009, 02:12 AM
I think its safe to say red with maroon effects would clash but if you like being tacky....

Silver would look good and fit the car, IMO. I don't think it would be unique though, if thats what you are after.

My parents next door neighbor has a red 89' RS, has red effects which is a clean look. Clean car with lower mileage, he used to really baby it and keep it stored 99% of the time and never out in bad weather but for some reason he parked it outside starting a few years ago for his newer Olds to get the garage :durr . Hardtop 305 TBI/5 speed car, nice start for an auto x machine :) .

Maroon effects would be horrifying, lol......you really think the silver would look good? I suppose I could try it, if it looks awful, I could always repaint them red, right?

RanJer
01-04-2009, 02:28 AM
Maroon effects would be horrifying, lol......you really think the silver would look good? I suppose I could try it, if it looks awful, I could always repaint them red, right?

Paint can ALWAYS be changed... it's just a matter of how much you wanna deal with it.

Like I said tonite, it's YOUR car. Who cares what everyone else thinks. I'm not great with photoshop but if you can get some pics of your car online we can mock-up some options..

Voodoo Chick
01-04-2009, 02:32 AM
Paint can ALWAYS be changed... it's just a matter of how much you wanna deal with it.

Like I said tonite, it's YOUR car. Who cares what everyone else thinks. I'm not great with photoshop but if you can get some pics of your car online we can mock-up some options..

Oooo! Photoshop...I never thought of that......I need to take some pics of the car, problem there is I don't have a camera.....I do have a few pics of Camaros that look like mine...which would work, I suppose.

1320PNY
01-04-2009, 11:03 AM
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5854&d=1231088492

Karps TA
01-04-2009, 11:23 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/DocHolidaySeph/azcamsig.jpg
http://media.motortopia.com/files/10556/vehicle/47a292daac949/IMG_4970_crop.jpg

Waver
01-04-2009, 12:50 PM
I have seen a few irocs using the red/gold color scheme too...looks kind of sharp with the gold rims......if it were me though, I would keep the car color red and find a set of 91/92 z28 tims with the red inserts.

PB86MCSS
01-04-2009, 01:22 PM
I really like the set of wheels on the Z-28 in the last picture above.

Voodoo Chick
01-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Holy sh*t......the silver looks so good it's almost painful.....That ends my decision-making.......silver it is!! Thanks for all your help!!!!

CAMAROJV123
01-05-2009, 08:55 PM
i agree, i think that silver looks gooooood. I never thought that combo would work but it does.