PDA

View Full Version : 87 GN rolling chassis, posi rear, new paint

GinoRin
01-01-2009, 07:18 PM
1987 Buick Grand National Rolling Chassis, clear title. Fresh paint on the shell! This is a very clean car, I have a few pics of the paintwork. This is a great project for someone with more time than me. I bought this car as you see it last fall, and was going to put my stroker motor in here and race it, but it’s time to thin the herd a bit. This car is a great candidate for a nice weekend street/strip car, or an all out racecar. You have a lot of options with this one. I am selling this chassis as well as my all stock 62k mile T-top 87 GN. I would be willing to trade this roller for a nice 17-21’ open-bow ski/cruise boat. I’d also be willing to pitch in a couple extra grand on top of the car for the right boat.

Body:
The front clip is removed, as well as the doors and trunklid. All of the panels are included to put back together. The shell of the car has a brand new base/clear paintjob and looks very nice. One of the doors is bodied out and in primer, and the other door still needs to be bodied and primed. The trunklid also needs a small pinhole welded up, otherwise very solid. One of the front fenders is bodied and ready for primer, it has the GNX vent cut ready for the louver. A pair of brand new GNX fender louvers from Kirban’s are included. VIN number matching RPO sticker is still intact under the trunklid. This is a full power, posi rear original 87 GN. Mileage on the chassis is estimated at around 120k. Unfortunately I don’t have the front or rear bumpers, they were sold before I bought the roller last year.

Interior:
Very nice complete stock GN interior with brand new black carpet installed. The headliner will need to be replaced, but otherwise the interior is in great shape. A new 145mph speedo cluster ($275) will also be included. The odometer is reset at 0 miles on the new cluster. There is also a Greddy Turbo Timer mounted on the instrument bezel that will come with the car. The car currently has a standard Regal steering wheel.

Chassis:
There is no engine or trans, but it does have the stock G80 8.5 posi rear. All new drum brakes, backing plates, hardware and a rear stainless brake line have been installed. Genuine GM parts except for the stainless line. The previous owner worked for a local Buick dealer, which is where he got most of his parts from. The car is very clean underneath and was painted GM chassis black when it was in for paint. The paintjob was also done by his friend who paints for the same Buick dealer. There is the complete LC2 underhood wiring harness that has been re-taped for the show-quality look. The heater box is out of the car, but included. There are also new Moog ball joints with about 500 miles on them. The car is also sitting on a brand new set of TRW stock replacement coil springs. The rear has some boxed upper and lower control arms as well. Everything you see in the pics is how it comes. The GN wheels are nice driver quality with BFG radial TA’s, 235/60/15 front and 275/50/15 rear tires. The tires have 99% treadlife, but are a few years old and are just starting to show signs of cracking. Nothing bad but I thought I would mention it.

I am sure there is a lot more I am forgetting, but you get the general idea. This is a great project car, I just don’t have the time and I want to get a boat this summer, so this chassis has to go. Price on the chassis is $5900/obo with all the extra parts I have for it. Its worth much more in parts, so you could make money if you wanted to part it out. I’m hoping it just goes to someone who wants to make an affordable GN racer out of it. Any questions, feel free to call me at 414.732.4824 or email at ginorin@gmail.com located just west of Milwaukee, WI.

GinoRin
01-04-2009, 09:46 PM
OK I have all the pics everyone requested! I just took them, so theyre all as it sits right now. Sorry its a little dirty, but its too damn cold out to hose it down! please go here: ginorin/87 Buick GN Rolling Chassis - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting (http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk316/ginorin/87%20Buick%20GN%20Rolling%20Chassis/)

I will be leaving this on the forum for about a week. If not sold, it will be going to Craigslist and ebay shortly thereafter.

Thanks!

Gino

GinoRin
01-16-2009, 09:55 AM
updated the pics with some more I found. Open to offers on the car, I would like to sell it soon so I can buy a boat and make believe its warm outside :goof