PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Texas....

Crawlin
01-01-2009, 01:35 PM
The Republic of Texas

Please note that Texas is the only state with a legal right to secede from the Union (Reference the Texas-American Annexation Treaty of 1848.)We Texans love y'all, but we'll probably have to take action since Barack Hussein Obama won the election. We'll miss you too.

Here is what can happen:

#1: On 01/20/09 Barack Hussein Obama becomes President of the United States, Texas immediately secedes from the Union

#2: Rick Perry will become the President of the Republic of Texas.

So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?

1. NASA is just south of Houston, Texas . We will control the space industry.

2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States.

3. Defense Industry--we have over 65% of it. The term, "Don't mess with Texas"will take on a whole new meaning.

4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for the next 300 years. Yankee states? Sorry about that.

5. Natural Gas - again we have all we need and it's too bad about those Northern States. Barack Hussein Obama will have to figure out a way to keep them warm....

6. Computer Industry - we currently lead the nation in producing computer chips and communications--small companies like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Miconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Delphi, Nortel, Alcatel, AT&T, etc, etc. The list goes on and on.

7. Medical Care - We have the largest research centers for cancer research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world, as well as other large health centers. Dallas and Houston have some of the best hospitals in the United States.

8. We have enough colleges to keep us going: University of Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, SMU, University of Houston, Baylor, UNT ( University of North Texas ), Texas Women's University, etc. Ivy grows better in the South anyway.

9. We have a ready supply of workers. We could just open the border when we need some more.

10. We have essential control of the paper industry, plastics, insurance, etc.

11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard. We don't have an Army, but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an Army in 24 hours if we need one. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call the Texas Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over Chuck Norris and a couple of Texas Rangers.

12. We are totally self-sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs, and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables, and let's not forget seafood from the Gulf. Also, everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good. Don't need any food.

This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic of Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.

Now to the rest of the United States under President Barack Hussein Obama:

Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only President Barack Hussein Obama will be able to drive around in his big 9 mpg SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.

You won't have any TV as the Space Center in Houston will cut off satellite communications.

You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes, but since Mr. Barack Hussein Obama has predicted global warming, you will not need the gas as long as you survive the 2000 years it will take to get enough heat from Global Warming.

Signed,
The People of Texas

P.S. This is not a threatening letter - just a note to give you something to think about!

SLEEP WELL TONIGHT THE EYES OF TEXAS ARE UPON YOU!!

One Nation Under God

Yooformula
01-01-2009, 01:49 PM
guess I will have to take my surgeon with me when I head out of town!

Breecher_7
01-01-2009, 02:03 PM
:rolf

shoooo32
01-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Fvck Texas. They can shove that treaty up their ass. Real Americans want to fix our problems, not run away like a bunch of bitches.

Prince Valiant
01-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Hell...I've been trying to persuade Meg we should go.

1. I can make ~ 10-15G more a year.
- Factor in no state income tax, so add 6% to my current salary, then another 8-12%, that's a nice healthy raise.
2. Relatively benign, mild winters
3. 200G buys you ~1400 sq ft. house.
-Lower property taxes, so more for your payment.
4. Some of the best BBQ.
5. MY family lives down there.
6. We can get a place in the sticks with lots of land for lots of dogs...and she can keep a horse.

WHY she's reluctant, I don't know.

Yooformula
01-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Real Americans want to fix our problems, not run away like a bunch of bitches.

sure when another revolution begins but most of the people living here dont know what being a Real American is anymore. They sit back and LET crooked politicians run this country down and do NOTHING.

Breecher_7
01-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Fvck Texas. They can shove that treaty up their ass. Real Americans want to fix our problems, not run away like a bunch of bitches.

Id say Fuck texas for about a million other reasons. Ive never met a "normal" person that was born and raised in that state. I served with alot of guys and girls from texas and they were all really ******* odd and generally "slower" then everyone else. Not to mention, every time ive ever driven through that state, ive gotten a ticket. There cops are insane. 3mph over the speed limit and they pull ya over, its rediculous.

Not to mention, if they actually tried to "create there own goverment", It wouldnt work. The united states wouldnt have it, plain and simple. Any members of the armed forces that are located in Texas do not take there orders from Texas, they come from the Commander and Chief, sadly, President Elect Obama....

Shit gets bad, im going to Alaska..... Well odds are im gonna be going up there eventually regardless. :rolf

Breecher_7
01-01-2009, 02:18 PM
sure when another revolution begins but most of the people living here dont know what being a Real American is anymore. They sit back and LET crooked politicians run this country down and do NOTHING.

:thumbsup

Prince Valiant
01-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Ive never met a "normal" person that was born and raised in that state. One would argue that you'd have to BE normal to understand what normal is...

Breecher_7
01-01-2009, 02:27 PM
One would argue that you'd have to BE normal to understand what normal is...

I guess that can be argued, yes... I guess I am making my comparison against everyone else I know or have served with. Texans seem to be oddly different and usually "slower".

BTW, I have horses so if your wife needs a place to stick one, we could work somthing out! :deal

Prince Valiant
01-01-2009, 02:38 PM
I guess that can be argued, yes... I guess I am making my comparison against everyone else I know or have served with. Texans seem to be oddly different and usually "slower".lol...it was a joke dude. (to the guy always seen ranting and raving at some service dept at the dealership)

I've shown meg pictures of your guys horses...yours is particularly impressive. Right now, we're just co-boarding...she taken polo lessons :rolleyes:

Breecher_7
01-01-2009, 02:39 PM
lol...it was a joke dude. (to the guy always seen ranting and raving at some service dept at the dealership)

I've shown meg pictures of your guys horses...yours is particularly impressive. Right now, we're just co-boarding...she taken polo lessons :rolleyes:

:rolf

GRAMPS SS
01-01-2009, 02:55 PM
CORRECT ME CRIS IF I'M WRONG.but when i was in school ...soooo long ago, we talked a little on this subject....but this treaty with Texas is not just the state of Texas...when Texas was Texas...didn't the land go all the way to the Canadian boarder...so all the land that was Texas...goes back to being Texas....i can see toll booths going up on both sides....

Teufelhunden
01-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Strangely enough, my time in the Marines warped me to dislike Texans as well.

Breecher_7
01-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Strangely enough, my time in the Marines warped me to dislike Texans as well.

:stare :rolf :thumbsup

GRAMPS SS
01-01-2009, 03:11 PM
I've been there a few times for work...Dallas/Ft Worth area...i liked it....plenty of nice people i ran into while staying at the hotel and while going out to eat....and the people i went to see when out of their way to make me feel welcome....

Chris...i personally don't like there BBQ...MEMPHIS FTW

NOW THE STEAKS ARE AWESOME

Voodoo Chick
01-01-2009, 03:14 PM
I've never actually known a Texan.......so I can't comment on their weirdness. Weather seems nice, at least.

Goat Roper
01-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Chris...i personally don't like there BBQ...MEMPHIS FTW

I was just going to say that Texas BBQ rocks bit Memphis BBQ certainly is nothing I would turn my nose up at.

Prince Valiant
01-01-2009, 03:20 PM
I love Memphis dry rub style ribs...but there's something about a Texas Beef Brisket...

Z28Envy
01-01-2009, 03:27 PM
I've been to Texas twice and I liked it. Went to San Antonio and the city was pretty cool. Also stayed in Port Aransas right on the gulf and that place was fun. Real close to Corpus so some big city life around as well. Not sure if I would want to live down there though.

Crawlin
01-01-2009, 05:50 PM
it was just sheer irony that this was posted on yellowbullet since i have actually contemplated moving there in the next month or two. it has taken a slow down to actually moving. one of those "knee jerk reactions"

this post was meant to just be funny, that's all :)