PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Favre article

moels
01-01-2009, 11:42 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9016280/Piling-on:-Jets-teammates-unhappy-with-Favre?MSNHPHMA

Holeshot
01-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Not surprised one bit. He could have retired in great standings across the NFL fan base and the league. Now he will be considered a over the hill selfish crybaby.

Sad as I do consider him on of the top 5 greatest QB in recent history.

T-Bag
01-01-2009, 12:49 PM
He dug his own grave and tarnished his reputation. It really is sad, he would have been just fine staying retired.

Lash
01-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Ouch...thats gotta hurt.

Deggy
01-01-2009, 01:05 PM
The veteran running back, coming off a 1,300-yard season with 13 touchdowns on the ground, went so far as to say coach Eric Mangini should have benched Favre, a training-camp addition to the roster after retiring from the Green Bay Pacers and then changing his mind.

Who are the Green Bay Pacers?:goof

Yooformula
01-01-2009, 01:17 PM
wow

"And the issue may extend beyond the locker room as the Jets look for Mangini's replacement.

"I want (Favre) out of the building before I get there," one general manager told The Daily News in analyzing the thought process of prospective coaches. "He's finished. You can read Mangini's body language: 'We can't control him. He will not follow. He's undisciplined. Belligerent.' "

Silver350
01-01-2009, 02:06 PM
well today I saw on espn that farve has a partial torn bicept. So who knows if he will be back or not. I frankly am sick of hearing about him.

awsomeears
01-01-2009, 02:35 PM
That would be sweet to go back in time and wagering a bet that " Brett Farve would play for the jets or have all of this shit happen "

There's not one person that would honestly feel this could ever happen.

But it did !!!

DirtyMax
01-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Thomas Jones and a few other Jets who wished to remained nameless have called him out publicly the last couple of days. Saying he's not a team player, doesn't go out with them, etc. No shit... what interest does a 40 year old hic have in going out to NY clubs and making it rain with the boyz...

moels
01-01-2009, 04:38 PM
I think it's even more of an issue in the locker room. I know he wasn't with all the other players in Green Bay's locker room either. I was told he had his own closed off area.

Reverend Cooper
01-01-2009, 04:43 PM
I bet it doesnt hurt as bad a 6-10

badass88gt
01-01-2009, 05:41 PM
I thought I was reading the Axl Rose story. This is the perfect ending for Favre. He brought this all on himself. I dont feel one bit sorry for him.

BAD LS1
01-01-2009, 06:16 PM
That quote from dark knight reminds me of his story, how does it go? " Die a hero or live long enough to see your self become a villan"??

Waver
01-01-2009, 07:42 PM
That quote from dark knight reminds me of his story, how does it go? " Die a hero or live long enough to see your self become a villan"??

agreed....

to me the whole reason why farve returned wasnt because of the love of the game, it was because of his ego and the desire to break marinos reccords

Reverend Cooper
01-01-2009, 08:48 PM
so whats wrong with that?

Waver
01-01-2009, 10:03 PM
so whats wrong with that?

because he claimed that the love of the game was the reason why he returned.......

What do I know, the way I see it is if you are considered one of the all time greatist, shouldnt you act like it?

Reverend Cooper
01-01-2009, 10:57 PM
is he not he came back this year had a winning season,played hurt obviously for appox,4-5 games and is still breaking records,he should be a **** after the way most in the packers or and the packer fan base cast him away

badass88gt
01-02-2009, 12:09 AM
Puh-leeze. You are phucking dilusional.

PB86MCSS
01-02-2009, 12:35 AM
Thompson maybe a dunderhead and has too big of an ego, plus Rodgers is "his boy" but they made the right move dumping Favre. I don't understand how anyone can disagree after watching Brett play most of this year. New offense or not he made absolute horrible decisions with the football especially when it got chilly outside. I bet he regrets how the the standoff/unretirement with the Packers turned out more than the Packers do, which I called would happen before the season began.

Karps TA
01-02-2009, 01:11 PM
People make a big deal about nothing as usual. I've heard from people who played with Marino, Montana, and Elway that those guys didn't hang out either. They all had their own private meeting rooms and such when they got older. It's cause they are already working on the game plan on Monday 2 days before the rest of the players get the gameplans.

There is nothing wrong with Favre playing for another team. That has never been my complaint. I just didn't like the way the Packers handled it. They could have just released him, or told him to work out a trade. The guy has been the face of the orginization for 16 years, let the guy go play where he wants to. If they knew he was so shitty, then who cares where he plays? The team they didn't want him to go to, won the division anyways.

And Magnini is a shit coach. That guy looks more clueless on the sidelines the Mike Sherman did. There were games where they'd be running the ball great for 30 yards, and then all of a sudden they'd quit. Those weren't just Favre calling audibles either.

Reverend Cooper
01-02-2009, 06:50 PM
kinds funny how all the players that were talking shit are now back peddleing on espn in interviews,sounds like they were taken outta context. ahahahaha,6-10 ftmfw

Lash
01-02-2009, 09:18 PM
You sure do like to talk a lot of shit for sombody who can't take it.

Yooformula
01-02-2009, 09:56 PM
or upper mgt told them to cut it out. there are still anonymous players saying alot of sh!t.

Reverend Cooper
01-02-2009, 10:15 PM
You sure do like to talk a lot of shit for sombody who can't take it.

seems as tho i have been taking very well,Yoo how well did i take it at your place when they got stomped. seems to me your the one that cant take it well 6-10 sucks just admit it ahahahhaha

Yooformula
01-02-2009, 10:24 PM
hahahaha. everyone except dave go the salute. coop took the abuse VERY well ftr and there was ALOT of it.

Reverend Cooper
01-02-2009, 10:26 PM
yeah well its not like i have a stake in the org. i just love riling up all the butthurt packer fans 6-10 ftmfw it rhymes

Lash
01-02-2009, 10:39 PM
seems as tho i have been taking very well,Yoo how well did i take it at your place when they got stomped. seems to me your the one that cant take it well 6-10 sucks just admit it ahahahhaha

We'll see how well you take it next year when the Packers finish with a better record than your beloved Cowgirls. I'll save this thread just for you. :thumbsup

Reverend Cooper
01-03-2009, 12:46 AM
spoken like a true packers fan,it cant get worse toto it cant. I didnt get pissed off when they won one game all year. good thing your team played detroit 2 times or you might have been 4-12 muhahahahahha

STANMAN
01-03-2009, 01:04 AM
spoken like a true packers fan,it cant get worse toto it cant. I didnt get pissed off when they won one game all year. good thing your team played detroit 2 times or you might have been 4-12 muhahahahahha

Hey, Detroit had a perfect record this year, and made HISTORY because of it, don't forget it!!!

I wore a Detroit shirt yesterday out to eat, and even the waitress gave me grief over it. No tip for her:rolf (JK, she was good about it, and was a great waitress on top if it, she got well over 15 percent)

Lash
01-03-2009, 09:28 AM
good thing your team played detroit 2 times or you might have been 4-12 muhahahahahha

At least they didn't lose to the skins and the rams.

I mean seriously! The Cowboys played 6 games against teams with a record of 4-12 or worse and 9-7 is THE BEST THEY COULD DO!?!?!?!? :rolf

PB86MCSS
01-03-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm pretty sure the Cowboys season is a bigger dissapointment than the Packers...the Packers weren't expected to be more than a Playoff contender while the Cowboys were favorites to get to and win the Super Bowl, but are sitting at home. Congrats on having 3 more wins.

Reverend Cooper
01-03-2009, 11:09 AM
thanks congrats takes but your still 6-10 our 9=7 is still BETTER than your team,I never predicted them to go to the super bowl so I dont care. All I care about is the laughs I get from all you Packer fans making excuses its really funny. 6-10 FTMFW

Yooformula
01-03-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm pretty sure the Cowboys season is a bigger dissapointment than the Packers...the Packers weren't expected to be more than a Playoff contender while the Cowboys were favorites to get to and win the Super Bowl, but are sitting at home. Congrats on having 3 more wins.

this is SOO true.

Reverend Cooper
01-03-2009, 11:26 AM
cant wait for your steelers to fail,im jumping on that train too batman

correct for the english major

Yooformula
01-03-2009, 11:31 AM
steelers werent expected to win superbowl but at least romo can watch them play.

PB86MCSS
01-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Actually my favorite football team is still in it...the Gators. Now if they lose feel free to rib me and no I'm not a bandwagon jumper, they've been my favorite team since I was in 6th grade, back in 91'. I prefer them over any NFL team to be honest as I like NCAA football and basketball more than the pros. Packers are my favorite NFL team, but when I was younger I did like the Bills and Bucs (when they were still orange and stunk). Found it more fun to root for the local team with age. Guess it didn't catch on with college football though.

Spellcheck is your friend.

Reverend Cooper
01-03-2009, 11:34 AM
steelers werent expected to win superbowl but at least romo can watch them play.

so will i laughing the whole time

97z2801ss
01-03-2009, 03:17 PM
well today I saw on espn that farve has a partial torn bicept. So who knows if he will be back or not. I frankly am sick of hearing about him.
Im with you on this scott, way to much talk about the guy....who cares what he does.

badass88gt
01-03-2009, 09:15 PM
The Cowboys played 6 games against teams with a record of 4-12 or worse and 9-7 is THE BEST THEY COULD DO!?!?!?!? :rolf

That has to be a tough pill to swallow. All those millions of dollars worth of superstars REALLY paid off.

Reverend Cooper
01-04-2009, 12:37 AM
why is it a tough pill? Is that the only way you can justify a shit 6-10 season? It must be

badass88gt
01-04-2009, 02:54 AM
Who's justifying anything? The Packers sucked shit this year. They however, unlike the Cowboys, werent expected to be a huge success. Which is a bigger letdown, a team with a first year QB failing miserably or a team with many million dollar stars failing miserably? Which is worse?

Reverend Cooper
01-04-2009, 10:16 AM
I dont know according to the packer fans A-Rod should be in the pro bowl with his stats and is not playing like a rookie they started out kicking ass and everyone here thought they were the real deal and fuck Favre. Everyone expected kyle busch to win nascar to and he didnt predictions are worth shit,I never would root for a team due to predictions others make. Personaly I felt the cowboys would go 8-8 this year and ya know what that would have been fine to, its still is better than 6-10 with two detroit wins. I would be upset if my team went 13-3 last year then came back with 6-10 and nothing changed but the QB which cant be to blame since he is so great. so what the excuse.

PB86MCSS
01-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Lets go back in time: 9-5, all you have to do is win one game, first one at home, prime time..lose by 9...one more game though so its ok, win and you're in....lose 44-6. Ouch. :D

If you really thought your Cowboys would be only 8-8 after last season and with their talent, you are either lying or really really really underestimating your team.

Again, congrats on having 3 more wins than the Packers. It got them a worse draft pick and a nice seat at home to watch the Playoffs...just like the Packers and many other teams.

Reverend Cooper
01-04-2009, 02:43 PM
no I was being arealist after watching what they did towards the end of the season,so either you just go by what the sports analysts say or you dont watch football at all. yeah Im fine with my team doing 3 games better than your beloved pack,That according to you all has the new superstar QB and did better than Brett ever could going from 13-3 to 6-10 hurts way worse to me. And it aint gonna get much better for you next year either. Winning 7 less games with a better rated QB yeah that sucks more.

badass88gt
01-04-2009, 03:11 PM
You have your opinion, and its fueled by you wanting to piss people off. I think if anyone can appreciate that, its me.

I just think your logic is ass backwards.

Reverend Cooper
01-04-2009, 05:50 PM
why is it backwards it is all truth that you Packer fans won't accept.

badass88gt
01-04-2009, 05:55 PM
I dont see how the Cowboys season was any better than the Packers, when you consider all facts such as payroll, the caliber of the players, etc. The cowboys failed worse.

What truth are you trying to prove? The Packers sucked this year? No shit. Rodgers had better stats then Favre? No shit. The Packers beat Detroit twice? No shit.

Tell me, how should Favre be in the Pro Bowl instead of Rodgers? I dont think either of them deserve the honor, but tell me why you woul dchoose Favre over Rodgers? What has he done better?

Reverend Cooper
01-04-2009, 06:01 PM
took a team with less wins than you guys had this year and did very well and is so old everyone should sack him 10 times a game. Its not the Cowboys fault that Brown county won't put the money for players facts is facts Cowboys did better no matter how badly it hurts you Packer fans which obviously it does. stats go by games throw etc. not money spent,I have never seen that stat. You can not stick up for the pack saying that because of the rookie you did bad when his stats show diff.

badass88gt
01-04-2009, 07:40 PM
. You can not stick up for the pack saying that because of the rookie you did bad when his stats show diff.

EXACTLY.

You are the one downplaying Rodger's abilities. Thank you for proving my point.

Favre did very well? Have you seen his stats? Big surprise, led the league in INTs. What did he do very well at?

So because his team finished with a better record than Rodgers, he deserves the Pro Bowl backup spot over Rodgers? Are there any QB's that didnt get the Pro Bowl that DID have better team records?

Reverend Cooper
01-04-2009, 07:43 PM
i was joking and yes,a hall of famer with leadership on the field and better win percentage deserves to be in the hall of fame,I was joking just because you have good stats doesnt mean your great,point proven 6-10. Maybe just maybe not getting selected to the pro bowl is a great way of showing he isnt pro bowl material,yes he still sucks i cant wait for next year.

badass88gt
01-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Who said anything about the Hall Of Fame?

Great stats does mean your great. It doesnt mean the team is great though.

Reverend Cooper
01-04-2009, 07:47 PM
I did,Favre is a shoe in. why wouldnt that affect a pro bowl selection, stats mean shit you know that wins do. besides they wouldnt want the nfc to lose the pro bowl in the 4th quarter by a field goal.

badass88gt
01-04-2009, 07:53 PM
I agree, Favre is a definate Hall Of Famer. Doesnt mean he's not a whiny crybaby bitch who's word means nothing. Neither will ever change.

Reverend Cooper
01-04-2009, 07:57 PM
but he will be in the pro bowl and A-rod will not

badass88gt
01-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Isnt he just a backup? They'll bring him in when they want the defense to take over, or when they need a good actor for those heartfelt, tear filled speeches.

Reverend Cooper
01-04-2009, 08:01 PM
poss. or if they are behind and need another famous favre 2 min win.

badass88gt
01-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Didnt he leave those back at Green Bay when he left?

Lash
01-04-2009, 08:56 PM
poss. or if they are behind and need another famous favre 2 min win.

or interception on the final drive :wow

:goof

TraceDaddy
01-06-2009, 08:57 AM
Addressing the topic that started this thread...Thomas Jones comments etc. The topic was broached on the ESPN pre-game this weekend. With the exception of Keshawn "Throw me the Ball" Johnson, they all came down hard against Jones. I think Ditka's comments were "The last time I checked Thomas Jones was not a first ballot Hall of Famer. The man was on 4 teams in 6 years." All of them said Jones should just shut his trap. My opinion is that it seems a bit telling that the man is more worried about the fact that Brett woudn't party with him than he is that his team has 5 more wins than it did the previous year. If I were their starting QB I'd be tired of hearing it by the end of the year too.

As far as his comment about how Favre should sit down after throwing picks?? I can only assume his been drinking the Vince Young Kool-Aid. You don't sit yourself down. The coach does. Mangini could have done what Andy Reid did in Philly. No one would have thought less of him and Brett might have gotten the message.

And it's easy for "anonymous" players to shoot their mouths off. There is no accountability. It's childish, but it seems to be the environment that Mangini fostered, if not endorsed. It's kind of like a lot of comments you read here. He who hollers loudest wins.

Please.

And Brett in the Pro Bowl? Rivers would be a better choice looking back at the season in whole. (And maybe a few others as well.) At the time balloting was complete, Brett looked like a pretty good choice.

70challenger452
01-07-2009, 09:59 PM
names are much more important than actual performance when it comes to making the pro-bowl. Thats the only reason why favre made it

Reverend Cooper
01-07-2009, 10:02 PM
well if he sucks so bad his name means shit and he shouldnt have made it then

badass88gt
01-07-2009, 10:11 PM
I agree 100%. His name=shit.

Its about time you see it my way.

Got your message. Havent had a chance to call back. Hows everything down there?

Reverend Cooper
01-07-2009, 10:12 PM
its awesome,just like Favre

badass88gt
01-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Lol