PDA

View Full Version : Where to find 'LOCKS' and/or a LOCKSMITH...???

Car Guy
01-01-2009, 10:57 AM
This is a 2 part thread, please read.....

Part one: I am looking to purchase a lock (maybe two/three/four) and want to see what's available for 'different' styled locks, opposed to just a padlock. I have been to Home Depot, Lowe's, Menards, and will go to ACE Hardware but there must be more out there I'm not finding. I would describe what I'm looking for if I knew, right now I'm just trying to get as many ideas in my head as possible for a certain situation that has come up.....:flipoff2:

Part two: I am looking for a good locksmith to deal with......

Any help is much appreciated...!!! :thumbsup

Breecher_7
01-01-2009, 10:58 AM
What are you looking to lock up? Care to share the situation?

michelle
01-01-2009, 10:59 AM
Woah, what's going on?

Car Guy
01-01-2009, 11:03 AM
I know I'm being a little paranoid but I would rather not at this time, or maybe I'm STILL too pissed off right now to talk about it.....:eek:

Breecher_7
01-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Ok, then what are you trying to lock up?

SSDude
01-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Door?
Shed?
Bike?
Chastity belt?

Breecher_7
01-01-2009, 11:14 AM
http://www.masterlock.com/apps/catalog/category.jsp?categoryId=HSL_3&target=commercial|security

These are pretty tough locks. You really have to want to get in to get past these.

Car Guy
01-01-2009, 11:29 AM
At least one of those will be installed, I was playing with one yesterday at Home Depot and (no BS) it took ME 15 minutes to get it open WITH THE KEYS...!!! :wooo

That in itself should be enough but I want this thing to resemble Fort Knox when I'm done, mainly because I need to sleep at night......:locked:

Breecher_7
01-01-2009, 11:34 AM
I know what it takes to get those off, its nothing nice, ive had to break off/replace them at work before. Without a torch you will be there forever....

But there is always the option of C4 and a remote detonator with a dead man switch.... So even if they kill you trying to get at whatever your protecting, there going to die as well! Probably to much right? :rolf

Car Guy
01-01-2009, 11:35 AM
NOPE, never too much.....:devil

Memphis
01-01-2009, 11:52 AM
The locksmith on Loomis just south of 894 is great to work with. I've taken many locks there to be keyed, very friendly, helpfull, and know their stuff. Also very reasonable.

Car Guy
01-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Thank you Matt, I will check them out as soon as there open......

Does anyone know who else would have a good selection of Master Lock products for sale...???

I know I could order some online but I really need to take care of this situation ASAP.....:headbang

BoosTT
01-01-2009, 03:26 PM
The locksmith on Loomis just south of 894 is great to work with. I've taken many locks there to be keyed, very friendly, helpfull, and know their stuff. Also very reasonable.

X1000

This is the best locksmith! I went to serveral others that couldn't fix my problem, this this locksmith did. Very cheep too, such a good deal I gave him a $10 tip. Well worth the drive. On a side note, the locksmith on hwy 100 by batterys+ sucks.

Silver350
01-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Justin what are you looking to secure? I can help you look for something but I need to know what kind of application you will be using the lock on.

GRAMPS SS
01-01-2009, 03:59 PM
thank you matt, i will check them out as soon as there open......

does anyone know who else would have a good selection of master lock products for sale...???

i know i could order some online but i really need to take care of this situation asap.....:headbang

isn't master lock here in milwaukee...or like others it moved out too...

DirtyMax
01-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Master Lock is on Howell and Forest Hill in Oak Creek. They might have a showroom but at the very least, you should be able to buy any of their products at most hardware stores around town.

SSDude
01-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Master Lock is on Howell and Forest Hill in Oak Creek. They might have a showroom but at the very least, you should be able to buy any of their products at most hardware stores around town.

Yup the main office is in Oak Creek. The norf side plant makes a couple items yet. I would guess over 50% or more of there stuff is made off shore.

I'm betting there's some d-head room mates giving you trouble again.

Reverend Cooper
01-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Anderson Lock on appleton approx 100th and appleton. they are great and veryy good prices

brotherbenn83
01-02-2009, 04:42 PM
I would guess over 50% or more of there stuff is made off shore.

They have lock-making plants in the middle of the ocean? I'm thinking "overseas" would have been a better choice of phrasing.

SSDude
01-02-2009, 05:13 PM
They have lock-making plants in the middle of the ocean? I'm thinking "overseas" would have been a better choice of phrasing.

Offshore Manufacturing
http://www.industrial101.com/services/offshore-manufacturing.aspx
Offshore manufacturing has become a taboo word in US and European societies as it has often meant the closing down of domestic facilities. Simply put, offshore manufacturing is the outsourcing of components or company factories to foreign countries, such as China, Thailand, India, Latin America, and Mexico, where labor and raw materials cost much less than they do in most parts of Europe and North America. Many manufacturers realize this and a lot of times they won’t hesitate in moving their production site to another nation if it means more profit for them. What was once considered to be a home grown product will now have to be manufactured some place else and imported in.

brotherbenn83
01-02-2009, 05:33 PM
An intelligent person in Stallis? Your talents are being wasted...

wrath
01-02-2009, 05:52 PM
A sufficiently talented person can get any sub-$50 padlock open. The ones without talent go another route.

Funny story: Retards at the last place I worked locked a closet door closed with the new keys. I removed the hinges on the door.

SSDude
01-02-2009, 06:31 PM
An intelligent person in Stallis? Your talents are being wasted...

Scary huh?

Car Guy
01-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Well I'm happy to say that everything is safe and secure, for now. I will be posting up another thread seeking advice on what I can do about another area (for piece of mind) but for now I'm sleeping at night......:yawn:

The main issue I had (and why I was freaking out) was the damage done to break in originally made it ten times easier to do again, and after that it would NOT have locked at all.....

Thanks for the help everybody...!!! :thumbsup