PDA

View Full Version : Hope No-one owns a Zune Player

DocDave
12-31-2008, 03:30 PM
If you tried to turn on your Zune Player (Microsofts IPOD) this morning an it did not work anymore, your not alone.

http://gizmodo.com/5121311/30gb-zunes-fail...kyline=true&s=x

Silver86
12-31-2008, 03:32 PM
whew... good thing i didnt buy that one....

Voodoo Chick
12-31-2008, 03:34 PM
WTF is a "Zune?"

RanJer
12-31-2008, 03:36 PM
WTF is a "Zune?"

Did you read the first post?? "Microsoft's Ipod"

Voodoo Chick
12-31-2008, 03:40 PM
Did you read the first post?? "Microsoft's Ipod"

Yeah......but to be totally, painfully honest, I'm not terribly clear on exactly what an Ipod is, either........other than checking email and posting here, I am technologically frozen in around 1980......as far as I can figure, (laugh if you must, lol) isn't an Ipod kinda like a Walkman??

nismodave
12-31-2008, 03:42 PM
Yeah......but to be totally, painfully honest, I'm not terribly clear on exactly what an Ipod is, either........other than checking email and posting here, I am technologically frozen in around 1980......as far as I can figure, (laugh if you must, lol) isn't an Ipod kinda like a Walkman??

Well I can page you, then you can call me on a pay phone, then I will explain it for ya.

kornholio788
12-31-2008, 03:42 PM
It's basically a music player.

I have one. And read this. And am now afraid to go turn it on. SO i shall wait until they get this all resolved before I kick her on. haha

RanJer
12-31-2008, 03:44 PM
Zune is a brand of digital media players and services sold by Microsoft. It includes portable media players, Zune Software which includes the Zune Marketplace providing online music, videos, podcast, and channel sections. [6] The primary competitors are Apple iTunes, iPod classic and iPod nano. The devices come in two styles, both of which play music, videos, podcasts, display images, and receive (but not record) FM radio. They can share files wirelessly with other Zunes and with Xbox 360s and Windows PCs via USB. Any Zune can also be linked with a PC allowing it to wirelessly sync with the linked Windows PC.

The Zune companion software, which runs on Windows XP and Vista, allows users to manage files on the player, rip audio CDs, manage music, buy songs, music videos, and TV shows at the online store using Microsoft Points or with a Zune Pass allowing you to download unlimited songs plus keep ten each month[7].

The internet is a useful tool.

xxtremeteam
my wife said mine turns onto the zune screen then locks up?? cant read the link above

Voodoo Chick
Well I can page you, then you can call me on a pay phone, then I will explain it for ya.

I actually do have a cell phone!! My friend gave me one, it's very tiny, and doesn't really sound like a phone when it rings, but hell, it works, so it's kinda neat......I have had it for a long time but I never remember to take it with me, and mostly it just sits on it's little shelf......it has a very easy life.

RanJer
12-31-2008, 03:47 PM
my wife said mine turns onto the zune screen then locks up?? cant read the link above

you on your dingleberry or something? lol

from the link:

Apparently, around 2:00 AM today, the Zune models either reset, or were already off. Upon when turning on, the thing loads up and... freezes with a full loading bar (as pictured above). I thought my brother was the only one with it, but then it happened to my Zune. Then I checked out the forums and it seems everyone with a 30GB HDD model has had this happen to them

Yours sounds about right..

nismodave
12-31-2008, 03:47 PM
I actually do have a cell phone!! My friend gave me one, it's very tiny, and doesn't really sound like a phone when it rings, but hell, it works, so it's kinda neat......I have had it for a long time but I never remember to take it with me, and mostly it just sits on it's little shelf......it has a very easy life.

Look like this??

http://www.adcomarketing.com/images/mints/cell-phone-mint-tins-t&g411.jpg

SSDude
12-31-2008, 03:48 PM
That explains the wife saying hers wouldn't work this morning

Voodoo Chick
12-31-2008, 03:50 PM
Look like this??

http://www.adcomarketing.com/images/mints/cell-phone-mint-tins-t&g411.jpg

Yes, somewhat, but no mints, lol...........

Rocket Power
12-31-2008, 04:11 PM
I bet this will help zune sales:rolf
Glad we have Ipods

xxtremeteam
12-31-2008, 04:34 PM
my and my brothers are 30 gig models i have been wanting a apple itouch anyways so maybe microsoft will buy them back

lordairgtar
12-31-2008, 04:37 PM
A walkman is like an iPod as a Big Wheel is like a Hayabusa

spindler27
12-31-2008, 04:39 PM
ive got the 80GB zune, i'll go see if mine froze up, from the sounds of it, it shouldn't

SSDude
12-31-2008, 04:40 PM
my and my brothers are 30 gig models i have been wanting a apple itouch anyways so maybe microsoft will buy them back

I'm betting they'll have a fix by the weekend and will probably give away a freebee

spindler27
12-31-2008, 05:01 PM
i guess it is only the 30's that have the issue, i just reset my 80 and it loaded that little bar across and went right to the main menu, no freezing up

xxtremeteam
12-31-2008, 05:08 PM
mine is at home i want to try a reset when i get there tryed to explain it to my wife but she was lost

BoosTT
12-31-2008, 05:17 PM
lol. knock off's suck

-stew-
12-31-2008, 05:35 PM
lol. knock off's suck

Yeah they do. Two years go I bought a Sony 1 gig Walkman. Hard to use, never used, it sold it. Saturday I bought a 2 gig Memorex MP3 player. It pretty much locked up as soon as I plugged it into my laptop. Took it back Sunday and bit the bullet; bought a iPod. 120gig Classic in black. It's pretty awesome, just very hard for me to justify dropping the coin on what is essentially a novelty. Kinda glanced at the Zune, but with the iPod having the greatest market share and support it was the clear choice. Plus now I don't have to put a CD player in my Mustang and can leave my factory dash unmolested (black interior FTW).

xxtremeteam
12-31-2008, 06:35 PM
The fix has been released her ya go zune owners copied from www.zune.com
My Zune 30 is frozen. What should I do?

Follow these steps:

Disconnect your Zune from USB and AC power sources.
Because the player is frozen, its battery will drain—this is good. Wait until the battery is empty and the screen goes black. If the battery was fully charged, this might take a couple of hours.
Wait until after noon GMT on January 1, 2009 (that's 7 a.m. Eastern or 4 a.m. Pacific time).
Connect your Zune to either a USB port on the back or your computer or to AC power using the Zune AC Adapter and let it charge.
Once the battery has sufficient power, the player should start normally. No other action is required—you can go back to using your Zune!

Yeehaw
12-31-2008, 06:44 PM
got my 80GB Ipod...no issues hehe

95mustang302
12-31-2008, 06:47 PM
i've got a zune 120 and no problems

shoooo32
12-31-2008, 06:50 PM
:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2008/12/ZUNE_copy.jpg

xxtremeteam
01-01-2009, 08:46 AM
The fix has been released her ya go zune owners copied from www.zune.com
My Zune 30 is frozen. What should I do?

Follow these steps:

Disconnect your Zune from USB and AC power sources.
Because the player is frozen, its battery will drain—this is good. Wait until the battery is empty and the screen goes black. If the battery was fully charged, this might take a couple of hours.
Wait until after noon GMT on January 1, 2009 (that's 7 a.m. Eastern or 4 a.m. Pacific time).
Connect your Zune to either a USB port on the back or your computer or to AC power using the Zune AC Adapter and let it charge.
Once the battery has sufficient power, the player should start normally. No other action is required—you can go back to using your Zune!

this does work mine works again good news I guess-still havent seen a explaination of why this happened and why it only hit the 30 gig models

2006wrxtr
01-01-2009, 10:10 AM
I got the Zune because I don't have to buy from one source to get all my music.
Doesn't the iPod only play stuff loaded off iTunes?

SSDude
01-01-2009, 10:26 AM

Zune is working back to it's great self again. Without the hassles of DRM you get with ipud

Goat Roper
01-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Lets see if any of you can find the error in the code http://pastie.org/349916

Starts on 249

SSDude
01-02-2009, 10:19 PM

Reverend Cooper
01-02-2009, 10:23 PM
I have a cell phone,has a cool carrying case. reception is shit and it always seems to make my speech slurry. It's cool

Yooformula
01-02-2009, 10:29 PM
I have a cell phone,has a cool carrying case. reception is shit and it always seems to make my speech slurry. It's cool

how often do you have to fill it up?:durr

WickedSix
01-02-2009, 11:02 PM

nope my itunes put all the music I had on my computer onto my iPod touch :thumbsup no matter what the source was

Goat Roper
01-03-2009, 03:35 AM

Thats certainly part of the issue. 259 is where the issues really start. The code state to look for a day greater than 365 and then (like you saw) days greater than 366 but not EQUAL to 366. Thats where it got stuck in a loop of 365 until day 367 when the ship righted itself.