PDA

View Full Version : Pro bowl before the superbowl....good idea?

Yooformula
12-30-2008, 07:27 PM
I cant see how many players would risk injury if they were going to be playing in the Superbowl a week later. thoughts?

Reverend Cooper
12-30-2008, 07:29 PM
ahh who cares Cowboys arent in it.

moels
12-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Is this an issue that's been brought up for real?

I really think the pro bowl turned into a shit game about 15 years ago or so. Players use to WANT to play in it as if it was an award. Now most of them could care less if they go and play but just want to be on the list.

Yooformula
12-30-2008, 07:49 PM
as of 2010 the game has been moved with both games being played in Miami.

moels
12-30-2008, 07:58 PM
as of 2010 the game has been moved with both games being played in Miami.

Well, I am positive that noone playing on the SB teams will participate in the Pro Bowl.

T-Bag
01-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Shitty idea for a shitty game.

Prince Valiant
01-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Personally, I think it's a great idea...but it DOES eliminate those who'll be playing in the superbowl (I can't see the guys not just risking injury, but getting out of practice to play). I can also see the guys on the losing side of the conference championship games begging off too...salt in the wound would be my guess. Pro-bowl sucks so bad now that anything will represent an improvement.

It should make the pro-bowl more relevant again...AND set the stage for the host city to have a full week of Football activity. Start the week with the pro-bowl, stick around for the superbowl.

I also think they should make the game more financially rewarding for the players involved too...on a pay scale twice what they might get for a play-off game going to the loser, 4x's as much going to the winner.