PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Tint job

LIL EVO
12-30-2008, 03:48 PM
I'm looking for someone who does tint on the side for cash. I had the Lexus done with llumar roughly 4 years ago by Pat out in Waukesha on 164 and still looks great.

pOrk
12-30-2008, 03:59 PM
I'm also looking, tintboyz works cheap but I am REAL cheap :)

johnny--2k
12-30-2008, 05:43 PM
HOW CHEAP? I can probably get you a sedan done with lifetime for $150 maybe less....that's with either 3M or Llumar, IDK which he uses. Did my TL and did an awesome job on it!

LIL EVO
12-30-2008, 05:47 PM
It's for a Land Cruiser. It would be for the front door windows, the rear tail gate fixed window, and two rear sliding windows.

Picture for more clarification: http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/10/l_7384aec8ca264ebc8bef904466d90eae.jpg

Let me know.

johnny--2k
12-30-2008, 07:36 PM
I will find out and let you know. Probably tomorrow since he is not picking up now.

DirtyMax
12-30-2008, 11:12 PM
Superior on 84th by the Fair Park is silly cheap esp considering it's done in a controlled (indoor) environment. Usually they get you in the same day too. Couple of guys who used to work @ Tint Boyz that went out on their own.

Gramps sent me there and I've sent several people there since then and nothing but satisfied people...

GRAMPS SS
12-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Superior on 84th by the Fair Park is silly cheap esp considering it's done in a controlled (indoor) environment. Usually they get you in the same day too. Couple of guys who used to work @ Tint Boyz that went out on their own.

Gramps sent me there and I've sent several people there since then and nothing but satisfied people...

X2...i've sent a few since mine was done and they left with smiles and cash still in there pockets....i love the job they did to the QUEER....they take there time...but still are fast...and NO DIRT under the tint...that's important....i went to there shop around 4 and got in right away...RICKY BOBBY hooked me up with them....

i will always recommend them...and my next SUV will get the windows done there as well....:thumbsup

Mr Twigbert
12-31-2008, 11:38 AM
I took 2 of my cars to Blackout on HWY 100..

They arn't exactly cheap but I'm always willing to pay more for a better product/service..

In the end you get what you pay for IMO..

PureSound15
12-31-2008, 02:15 PM
My cars were done with Scott at blackout as well. I do think that he does a phenominal job but I if I were to get Allisons car (or a car that I wasn't so particular with) I'd definitely shop around. I'm sure you could spend half of what blackout will run you.

Feature Pony
12-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Anybody know if Joe Rachel with untouchables enterprize is still doing window tint? I know he moved from his shop by taco bell on 27th and college to somewhere down the road. He was great with window tint and not to bad price wise. Heck he did my truck in 2002 and it still looks great with 3m products!

KRAUSED
12-31-2008, 04:42 PM
my buddy does tinting here in fondy with warrenty,has done all my cars and all my freinds around here uses only 3m will tint as dark as you want etc.If intreasted pm me i shoot you his number.

pOrk
01-02-2009, 12:54 PM
For a 2 door civic Scott at Blackout wants 200 bucks, that is nuts. Tintboyz wants 130

DirtyMax
01-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Anybody know if Joe Rachel with untouchables enterprize is still doing window tint?

I haven't talked to Joe in quite a while but I think he's retired.

Feature Pony
01-02-2009, 04:22 PM
I haven't talked to Joe in quite a while but I think he's retired.

Just found out from my buddy, that he is still doing it on Sundays but he is working at don jakeups (spelling?) doing their tinting and financing stuff

rally_scort
01-02-2009, 04:27 PM
anybody have an idea how much to do just a hatch window with defrost? Is less than $60 doable, or am i crazy?

pOrk
01-02-2009, 05:10 PM
^ Tintboys did my entire windshielf for 50, so I would say you are in the right ball park

team beater
01-03-2009, 06:55 PM
X2...i've sent a few since mine was done and they left with smiles and cash still in there pockets....i love the job they did to the QUEER....they take there time...but still are fast...and NO DIRT under the tint...that's important....i went to there shop around 4 and got in right away...RICKY BOBBY hooked me up with them....

i will always recommend them...and my next SUV will get the windows done there as well....:thumbsup

X3 got the girls alero there as well, looks good and cheap

73Dustr
01-04-2009, 05:17 PM
I really like blackout on Hwy 100. Like Twigbert said, it will cost more, but I think the quality is phenomenal.

pnad
01-06-2009, 02:53 PM
I'll jump on the bandwagon, I need some tint also.

Or should I say RE-tint. My crap is 8 years old, scratched and turning purple. I assume I will pay more for removal then also?

WilliamZ
01-06-2009, 05:57 PM
I have heard only but good things about Blackout. I will probably go there from now on.

Teufelhunden
01-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Blackout fixed a hacked tint job that another shop did. Another vote for paying a little extra for perfect work.

URLOZIN
03-29-2009, 12:00 AM

Anybody have a number for Superior? I can't find it anywhere. I'm coming to the Milwaukee area to get my car dynoed next saturday and I wanted to get my tint redone as well. I need my windows and hatch done in my t/a. Any other cheap places besides the ones mentioned?
I've already talked to tintboyz just seeing if there are some other options.