PDA

View Full Version : carb??

xxtremeteam
12-29-2008, 06:57 PM
So my dad is building a chevy powered street rod (with a auto)and is looking for a carb he normally uses a edelbrock carb but has been very unhappy with them lately so i found these and suggested it to him what do you guys think, car will maybe be driven 4 or 5 times a month when done,other suggestions please keep in mind this is not a reace car just looking for a electric choke a relativly low maint.
http://www.summitracing.com/streetandstrip/tech_content.asp

Prince Valiant
12-29-2008, 07:42 PM
The Holley street avenger makes a good vacuum secondary carb...they come in 570, 670, 770, 870 sizes...very simple tuning, electric choke, and pretty decent power. For a mildish engine, they pretty much come out of the box ready to run...shouldn't even need to touch the idle adjustment screws if it's a mild 350.

Might check with Ron and see what he's got too...

xxtremeteam
12-29-2008, 07:51 PM
I was told this elsewhere
Looks like an improved-upon Holley 4010, a few guys on another site really seem to like these carbs and have tons good to say, seems like a pretty good bang for the buck

juicedimpss
12-29-2008, 10:24 PM
that would work good for a street rod.
myself have never been a fan of a carb with a working choke on something that is driven in nice weather 99% of the time. the 2 minutes it takes for a good working carb to be able to idle never made it much of a concern for me.
reguardless,its a MUCH better choice than that edelbrock/carter POS.

xxtremeteam
12-29-2008, 10:30 PM
I am pretty sure he is going to give that carb a shot

Voodoo Chick
12-30-2008, 12:38 AM
Holley FTW.