PDA

View Full Version : Need lawyer advice... Not traffic

84hurst
12-29-2008, 12:41 PM
So I had my RST serviced at a local stealership in back in January this year because of a recall for the guage cluster that needed to be replaced. When I go get the truck back a couple hours later, it had a new cluster in it with a reset odometer (0 miles). Thinking this was normal, I took back the truck and didn't think much more of it. A couple of months ago the truck died on me downtown and I had it towed to a different dealership. A couple of weeks after getting the truck back, the service writer called me and told me that GM was denying the warranty claim, including the tow that I paid for, because the odometer reading was lower than at it's last recording. I talked to friend of mine that does finance and another stealership and he said to talk to a lawyer because the stealership broke the law by giving me my vehicle back with a rolled back odometer. So I'm looking for a lawyer I can talk to so I can discuss my options. Thanks in advance! :thumbsup

Breecher_7
12-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Why dont you go back to the dealer that did it and make them resolve the issue with GM?

Mr Twigbert
12-29-2008, 01:06 PM
why dont you go back to the dealer that did it and make them resolve the issue with gm?

x2

84hurst
12-29-2008, 01:09 PM
I would, but I've had issues with them in the past and I'd rather have some legal advice because I already know what the dealership is gonna say if I bring it back now. "Sorry, you should've brought it back earlier, it's your problem now." At least if I have a lawyer, maybe it'll scare them into correcting the problem this time.

Breecher_7
12-29-2008, 01:12 PM
Id take it back there first... See what there willing to do. Then, by all means, get a lawyer if they do nothing.

Neal Steffek
12-29-2008, 01:27 PM
And yet, some people STILL can not understand why GM will be gone soon.....

pOrk
12-29-2008, 03:17 PM
^ I would deny the warranty as well, for all they know the odometer was illegally tampered with.

Why you left the dealer with the odometer reading at ZERO is beyond me

84hurst
12-29-2008, 05:02 PM
^ I would deny the warranty as well, for all they know the odometer was illegally tampered with.

Why you left the dealer with the odometer reading at ZERO is beyond me

The only reason I left was because I figured that was normal seeing as how the cluster was replaced. If I though it was unusual (ie tire rotation and and a turned back odo) I would have gone back in. But then again, that's trusting other people to work on your car... :rolleyes:

Yooformula
12-29-2008, 05:23 PM
I had mine replaced once too but they matched the mileage. You should take it back and question that or call GM customer care.

brotherbenn83
12-30-2008, 03:28 PM
The cluster was not programmed properly. When you replace them, you have to input the mileage and hour meter reading via a Tech 2 and TIS2000. The person who replaced your cluster is a ******* HACK and a moron, so I'm not surprised this happened. But as was mentioned before, you thinking that a zeroed odometer is normal is also pretty moronic.

Mr Twigbert
12-30-2008, 04:28 PM
The only reason I left was because I figured that was normal seeing as how the cluster was replaced. If I though it was unusual (ie tire rotation and and a turned back odo) I would have gone back in. But then again, that's trusting other people to work on your car... :rolleyes:

I'm gonna throw the BS flag..

You left there w/ it like that because you knew when you sold the truck you would get more money and thus screwing a unsuspecting buyer you fuk-tard!

I'm not saying I wouldn't have done the same thing but don't try to BS us.. 'Most' of us are smarter than that homie..

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Yea you know its wrong to get it back like that, truck is 5 years old and how many miles ? Almost time to start paying for repairs.

I wonder what the folks at "emissions" are going to think when you give the odometer reading to them.

mrz28M6
12-30-2008, 05:01 PM
lol twig i was thinking the same thing!! drive it for 3 years then match what kind of mileage is on the title if there was any on there.

BoosTT
12-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Just pay to fix the car yourself, unless someone else well find out about the odo (dmv, recall, ect). I have seen people having two clusters (one that only gets about 1k miles per year and one that gets 15k/year).

GTSLOW
12-30-2008, 05:27 PM
There's some shady shit going on in this thread. :wooo

I'm callin the 5-0

Yooformula
12-30-2008, 05:28 PM
can you demand the old cluster and work order to show proof that you didnt commit fraud?

Reverend Cooper
12-30-2008, 08:08 PM
you cant demand a warranty recall part back it goes to GM,and how the hell would you think you can get threw with a rolled back odometer,the state dmv has it recorded for emissions,not to mention carfax will have it, go ahead and try to sell that truck now,its worthless no one will touch it with the odometer like that,nice job not going back and demanding it fixed before you got off the lot and maybe getting some freee services out of it,now your fucked

tommyt5078
12-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Don't let these a$$holes get to you.............If you thought this was normal then that is what you thought, these a$$hole aren't mind readers, maybe buttmunchers but not mind readers :thumbsup

The dealer did something wrong not you, talk to a lawyer!!!!!

JC70SS
12-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Resale is also going to be a major PIA as carfax will show last odometer reading.

Reverend Cooper
12-30-2008, 10:22 PM
pretty sure i said that^

michelle
12-31-2008, 06:51 AM
Find a company that will roll forward the odometer. Figure out what it was when you went to the dealer originally and then add what you have put on since.

Yooformula
12-31-2008, 09:20 AM
/\ cant do that. bottom line the truck should NEVER have left the dealership like that. I had a cluster replaced after sitting for 30 days and I made DAMM sure the mileage matched up because I knew it was illegal for us to do it, what would make it ok for them to do it. my first re-registration in fla I took the work order with me just to make sure it was kosher.

michelle
12-31-2008, 10:06 AM
/\ cant do that. bottom line the truck should NEVER have left the dealership like that. I had a cluster replaced after sitting for 30 days and I made DAMM sure the mileage matched up because I knew it was illegal for us to do it, what would make it ok for them to do it. my first re-registration in fla I took the work order with me just to make sure it was kosher.

Why not? A friend of mine has a variety of clusters for his truck and he keeps them all under 36k and swaps them when necessary. If they are getting close, he takes them to a company and they dial them back.

If you can dial them back, you can dial them forward. This is on a newer Chevy truck too, so it's electronic mileage.

Not saying it is easy to find a company that is capable of doing it, but I have seen it with my own eyes. This particular company was outside of Detriot though.

And obviously it's not legal either, but what's done is done already in terms of this truck. He can't go back to when he picked his truck up and have them put his odometer to where it was and telling him a million times that he is an idiot isn't really going to help either.

84hurst
12-31-2008, 11:59 AM
First off.... nothing shady is going on here. I asked a couple of friends about this soon after I got it back and they told me that there should either be a sticker either on the door jam (not there) or on the back on the cluster stating the mileage when the cluster was replaced. I was not thinking I would get more money for it when I sell it either. Everyone does a carfax nowadays anyways so it would be pointless to even try. I took the truck in yesterday and they said that they would have to replace the cluster again so they had to order the cluster and I'll be taking it in today.

brotherbenn83
12-31-2008, 01:57 PM
First off.... nothing shady is going on here. I asked a couple of friends about this soon after I got it back and they told me that there should either be a sticker either on the door jam (not there) or on the back on the cluster stating the mileage when the cluster was replaced. I was not thinking I would get more money for it when I sell it either. Everyone does a carfax nowadays anyways so it would be pointless to even try. I took the truck in yesterday and they said that they would have to replace the cluster again so they had to order the cluster and I'll be taking it in today.

There will be no sticker. The mileage is put in by the technician with a Tech 2. What should be done is whatever mileage is on the "new" cluster should just be added to the mileage you had when the truck was brought in in January. Holz is obviously taking care of this for you, so stop bitching about the dealership, because they are righting a wrong from a year ago, and it isn't costing you a fu*kin cent.

Yooformula
12-31-2008, 03:01 PM
michelle my point was most of us could find someone to do it but its illegal. glad its getting fixed for ya now, will they now honor any warranty work that you might have needed?

Maribe
10-19-2010, 10:34 PM
Well, I think you need to get a knowledgeable person to review your situation in order to file the right case. There are people on the web who can help you, just keep searching.

Rechtsanwalt Wien (www.just-searching.com)

Z28Envy
10-19-2010, 10:40 PM
:flipoff::kennygun:DIE FUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocket Power
10-19-2010, 11:12 PM
in before the :locked:

Although it is nice someone from the Philippines cares so much about us:rolf

SSScottSS
10-20-2010, 01:58 AM
For some reason a Ferrari and Ferris Bueller comes to mind.