PDA

View Full Version : UFC92 comment thread

moels
12-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Just thought I'd start the nights UFC thread. Make predictions before the fights or comment on the fights.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/52655/ufc_92_medium.jpg

GTSLOW
12-27-2008, 08:43 PM
:sucks

moels
12-27-2008, 08:45 PM
:flipoff2:

moels
12-27-2008, 08:56 PM
I'll make my predictions on the 3 main fights tonight.

Mir over Nog
Silva over Jackson
Griffin over Evans

moels
12-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Jackson knocks out Silva in 1st round with a left hook.

Yooformula
12-27-2008, 10:25 PM
I read that the Kongo fight was nasty and the worst damage you will ever see in mma. anyone catch this fight?

moels
12-27-2008, 10:58 PM
Mir over Nog

Yoo, Kongo bloodied him with elbows at the end but was far from the most vicious mma fight I've seen.

moels
12-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Evans over Griffin

Damn, I was only 1 of 3 in my predictions.

Yooformula
12-27-2008, 11:40 PM
I love that Mir smashed Nog!! I cant believe that Forest tapped out though....Rashad must have some retarded strength!

Lash
12-27-2008, 11:46 PM
Good PPV. No fights ended in a decision. All but one fight went the way I thought they would (I though Silva was going to win).

Rashad could possibly be one of the most underrated fighters out there today. That guy can take a punch!!

Tne Kongo fight wasn't anyting special....just some GnP with the usual blood. Mike Goldberg is just a drama queen.

Lash
12-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Does anybody have problems with PPV events in HD and Time Warner? Whenever I get the PPV's in HD the picture gets all pixelated and actually pauses for a few seconds every so often.

DirtyMax
12-28-2008, 01:27 AM
Griffin said after the fight he wasn't tapping out... that is was the ass whoopin making his arms flail because he was already ktfo.

Yooformula
12-28-2008, 01:42 AM
from what i read griffin was leading all rounds, did it appear that way too?

moels
12-28-2008, 06:54 AM
Does anybody have problems with PPV events in HD and Time Warner? Whenever I get the PPV's in HD the picture gets all pixelated and actually pauses for a few seconds every so often.

Yes! I was going to post the same question. I may call TW and ask for a partial refund, but I'm sure they will tell me to get fukked. I hate watching stuff like that.

Lash
12-28-2008, 08:51 AM
from what i read griffin was leading all rounds, did it appear that way too?

Maybe slightly. The rounds were pretty close.

Josepy
12-28-2008, 10:27 AM
great all around payperview. right after they were done the wifes water broke. still waiting for her to shit the kid out.

T-Bag
12-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Griffin had rounds 1 and 2 easily even though Evans just laughed off his attacks (literally). I figured he would win, but it seems like he just waited for the third round to unleash his fury. I like Evans a lot more after this fight, he's well spoken unlike certain otherblack champions (rampage) and isn't a tool.

A lot of props to Griffin for his sportsmanship, I laughed when he said "You're lucky, rounds 4 and 5 are my best!" .

Silva vs Jackson really surprised me as well as Mir vs Nog. Those two have really turned around it seems, Mir all but OWNED Nog.

twirkin50
12-28-2008, 01:43 PM
Good PPV. No fights ended in a decision. All but one fight went the way I thought they would (I though Silva was going to win).

Rashad could possibly be one of the most underrated fighters out there today. That guy can take a punch!!

Tne Kongo fight wasn't anyting special....just some GnP with the usual blood. Mike Goldberg is just a drama queen.

My thoughts exatly!

I did pick Rampage to win though, Silva was just WAY to confident that he was going to win again. I think the fact that Rampage and Congo trained together really made him a better stand up fighter.

How PATHETIC was the Mat Hamil fight?????? Most Boring fight of the night!

T-Bag
12-28-2008, 03:59 PM
My thoughts exatly!

I did pick Rampage to win though, Silva was just WAY to confident that he was going to win again. I think the fact that Rampage and Congo trained together really made him a better stand up fighter.

How PATHETIC was the Mat Hamil fight?????? Most Boring fight of the night!

Whoever that guy was in the red did NOT belong in the UFC. What garbage.

Exitspeed
12-28-2008, 07:40 PM
What a great event. One of the best events in a long time value wise.

I agree, Rashid is waaay underrated. Lets see if he can defend though?

SlowStee
12-28-2008, 07:43 PM
What a great event. One of the best events in a long time value wise.

I agree, Rashid is waaay underrated. Lets see if he can defend though?

Id like to see Rampage stomp that boy

T-Bag
12-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Id like to see Rampage stomp that boy

If Machida wins at the end of January, I think a Machida vs Jackson fight is in order. Probably won't happen though since Machida isn't the most exciting fighter to bill....

I don't think he deserves a title shot again already...but this is the UFC

Exitspeed
12-29-2008, 06:40 PM
If Machida wins at the end of January, I think a Machida vs Jackson fight is in order. Probably won't happen though since Machida isn't the most exciting fighter to bill....

I don't think he deserves a title shot again already...but this is the UFC

I can't stand Machida. BORING. I know that's his strategy, but seriously, I'd rather watch my nails grow. And this is coming from someone who was slightly disappointed that there was hardly any ground game at 92. I'm all for a super technical fight as long as it's a fight.

I don't think he deserves a shot yet either.

wheelsofsteel
12-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Great night of fights. Oddly enough the whole night was pretty much all standup. Kinda cool actually. Although I still wanna see some submissions too.

Lets talk about the local fighter that won, Pat Berry. He fought in the 2nd televised fight of the night. Fighting out of the Rufus camp and sponsored by Combat Corner. Congrats to him for his win in his first fight in the UFC !!

T-Bag
12-29-2008, 11:23 PM
I can't stand Machida. BORING. I know that's his strategy, but seriously, I'd rather watch my nails grow. And this is coming from someone who was slightly disappointed that there was hardly any ground game at 92. I'm all for a super technical fight as long as it's a fight.

I don't think he deserves a shot yet either.

I can see where you are coming from, but he has been around a couple of years, is undefeated, and makes all of his opponents look stupid. I think he deserves at least a ladder climb to a title shot. I'd love to watch him dance around Rampage all night and decision the fuck out of him. :rolf

twicks69
12-30-2008, 03:41 PM
We were laughing our asses off when Congo nut-sacked The Turk in retaliation for the initial nut-sacking. All I gotta say, is that the only damage Turk did to Congo was give him some bruised balls; whereas Turk recieved bruised balls AND a ton of stitches to the head from Congo's sharp elbows after pissing him off. Congo is a freakin beast!

The other ones were fun to watch, but I was hoping for a little more ground game vs. all-the-time stand-up (don't get me wrong, it is fun to watch also). I just like to see if these guys have better all-around skills. I was expecting Nog to lose, and was hoping that Forrest was going to win.

twirkin50
12-30-2008, 03:58 PM
We were laughing our asses off when Congo nut-sacked The Turk in retaliation for the initial nut-sacking. All I gotta say, is that the only damage Turk did to Congo was give him some bruised balls; whereas

:thumbsup

We were laughing as well. He had a little grin as he walked away. Then when Mazagatti asked if it was an accident, right?? :rolf

twicks69
12-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Oh yeah...real accident...did you remember seeing Congo use his right arm to hold the inside of Turk's left leg, so he could spread him when they were grappling? Yeah...open range for big ole knee to hit dead on without Turk able to defend it. :rolf:rolf

Car Guy
01-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Lets talk about the local fighter that won, Pat Berry. He fought in the 2nd televised fight of the night. Fighting out of the Rufus camp and sponsored by Combat Corner. Congrats to him for his win in his first fight in the UFC !!

I did NOT know he was a local fighter, for me he stood out that night as having a LOT of potential in the future. That guy could chop down a 200 year old Oak tree with those leg shots, WOW...!!! :wooo

Overall an excellent night of fights......:headbang

94greenbandit
01-05-2009, 05:30 AM
Did you guys know that Pat Berrys father is Franken Berry the spokesperson for the cereal.

http://mmajournalist.blogspot.com/2008/12/pat-berry-looking-to-break-out-of.html

Car Guy
01-05-2009, 10:55 AM
That made me laugh because I was just looking for that cereal at Pick 'n Save last week, but what about Boo-Berry...??? Let me guess, he's a long lost brother that is now locked up.....:rolf

http://www.plasticandplush.com/plasticandplush/images/img_1037.jpg