PDA

View Full Version : Racine and love of Fast Food...

Fast SVT
12-27-2008, 07:26 PM
You know, it is pretty amazing how much Racine has grown over the last 10 years. The downtown is dead and always has been but when you go out towards Durand Ave and Washington Ave you can definitely see new shops and homes popping up....

What is amazing about all this is that with new Housing areas going up and and stores you would think they would put up some MOTHERFUCKING restaurants!

No, we just keep getting fast food joints.

GHEY!

BTW, I'm back in town for a few weeks before heading back to Iraq.

Just my rant for the day.

lordairgtar
12-27-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm sure once you are back in Iraq, you'll want to see fast food restaurants. I don't think you'll find KFC or Mickey Ds in Baghdad. Keep safe there.

mrz28M6
12-28-2008, 02:31 AM
actually we had a pizza hut and taco bell in iraq!

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-28-2008, 07:44 AM
You went to the strip mall/big box zones looking for good food ? Surely you missed the chain restaurants enthusiasts dreams with such great places like CHA-POTTLE and NOODLES & COMPANY ? What about great names like AppleBee and Olive Garden ? Oh man thats too bad you don't like those "hot" fast food items like many other Americans.

If you ever make it east of HWY 31 into the "dead downtown" check out some local joints like the Corner House, Spinnakers, The Hob Knob, Sebastians or Shogun for steaks and chops. For fresh caught lake michigan fish try The Chartroom, Yardarm or Sandpipers.
Korean ? Asiana. Thai ? Sticky Rice. Chinese ? Whey Chai.
Italian type food ? Infusino's, Derango's, Dino's and Totero's will all serve up plenty of decent food for a little money and they have oh I don't know around 12 locations combined around here.
Mayhaps you were looking for cheesecake factory ? :rolf

Stay safe in Iraq and have a good new year. :headbang

Fast SVT
12-28-2008, 09:04 AM
Are you saying that the downtown is not dead?

And I don't include pizza shops in my list. And no I'm not looking for the cheese cake factory. I just got back from Steamboat CO for skiing and which had plenty of great restaurants. But opinions are like assholes.

lol

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-28-2008, 09:17 AM
Downtown on any given Friday or Saturday is a bunch of rich old people with money to burn, the streets packed with their cars. Sorry your not the target audience.

Maybe you haven't been downtown since 1989 ?

As a well traveled individual surely you've seen fast food is an American thing and not just a Racine thing. Did they not have any MackeyDees or KFC's where you where overseas or in Steamboat Springs ?

Totero's pizza ? LoL :headbang I guess "the economy" has got us. (Racinian's). :shades

STANMAN
12-28-2008, 09:34 AM
The Cheesecake Factory is actually a very nice place to eat with a huge menu, I don't know why anyone would slam it.

SSDude
12-28-2008, 10:36 AM
The Cheesecake Factory is actually a very nice place to eat with a huge menu, I don't know why anyone would slam it.

Sorry man it's just overpriced cookie cutter food.
Chain restaurants are not where you will find the best.
I'd much rather go to any place featured on "Diners, Drive Inn's and Dives" for some real creative food.

SlowMotion
12-28-2008, 12:51 PM

Agreed, restaurants want to offer huge portions, trying to make up for lack of food quality...

I also agree that Racine doesn't offer alot of quality restaurants, the growth of fast food joints is rediculous and we wonder why the hell the obesity rates in the US have grown so much in the past 10 years...:rolleyes:

STANMAN
12-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Chain restaurants are not where you will find the best.
I'd much rather go to any place featured on "Diners, Drive Inn's and Dives" for some real creative food.

I just totally disagree. To me cookie cutter food is like the 24 hour Greek places, or Denny's. I have NEVER had a bad meal at the Cheesecake Factory, and I have sampled alot of their menu. And of course their cheesecake is anythign BUT cookie cutter. Yeah, they are a chain, but props where they are due, huge diversified menu and great food, gotta give it to them.

That being said, I am taking all my leads out to the Butler Inn in Pewaukee for their yearly steak dinner this Tuesday. If there's a better steak on the planet, I have never had it!!

SSDude
12-28-2008, 02:09 PM
I just totally disagree. To me cookie cutter food is like the 24 hour Greek places, or Denny's. I have NEVER had a bad meal at the Cheesecake Factory, and I have sampled alot of their menu. And of course their cheesecake is anythign BUT cookie cutter. Yeah, they are a chain, but props where they are due, huge diversified menu and great food, gotta give it to them.

That being said, I am taking all my leads out to the Butler Inn in Pewaukee for their yearly steak dinner this Tuesday. If there's a better steak on the planet, I have never had it!!

Good call on taking your leads to the Butler Inn. Glad your not insulting them with the Cheesecake Factory.:)