PDA

View Full Version : Borrow: GM Scan tool

LIL EVO
12-26-2008, 08:21 PM
I need to borrow a GM scan tool for a 94 Saturn. I need to trigger the ABS motors to bleed the rear brakes.

I tried everything I could find about doing it without the tool, but the brakes still feel like crap. Pedal nearly goes to the floor when the car is running and no fluid comes out of the rear calipers when I try and bleed them.

Any suggestions?

sloLs1
12-27-2008, 01:03 PM
i wont be working till the 5th but you do need a scanner to properly bleed the rear brakes!

right from alldata: NOTE : Before bleeding the rear brakes, the rear displacement cylinder pistons must be returned to the topmost position. Using a SATURN scan tool or suitable equivalent, perform RUN ABS MOTORS, PISTON UP-HOME. This will run the pistons to the top of their travel.

LIL EVO
12-27-2008, 02:03 PM
I tried the workaround of bleeding the modulators, then driving it and slamming on the brakes to make the ABS engage and push the fluid through. The brakes work decent, but the engagement is pretty low still.

I can wait til the 5th, just let me know!

sloLs1
12-27-2008, 02:46 PM
I tried the workaround of bleeding the modulators, then driving it and slamming on the brakes to make the ABS engage and push the fluid through. The brakes work decent, but the engagement is pretty low still.

I can wait til the 5th, just let me know!

:rolf yea ive tryed that befor i had access to a scan tool.... it does help but doesnt fix it 100%