PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishing Long Lake in Dundee ...........

awsomeears
12-25-2008, 10:52 AM
My grandma and grandpa own two cottages on long lake, I'm always up there in the spring, summer and fall but yet in the winter to Ice Fish. I go up there in the winter just to check things out and walk on the ice but again never fish.

I would like to get in-touch with somebody that actually ICE fishes up there, I was thinking about getting a group of guys from my work and other friends and head up there.

I have no clue how to fish that lake in the Winter :durr

- Brad -

Sprayaway Fox
12-25-2008, 05:17 PM
I can tell you that there are shanties on it right now but I wouldnt take a sled on it yet. I know Bill Benson of Bensons Hideaway (The UFO kings son) Even Bill wont take his sled out there yet.

Most of the guys fish when the lil channel to bensons hideaway comes together with the "big lake" Most of those guys are hardcore and fish out there every year. Stick around those guys or if you go up when its actually safe your tip ups gonna get hit by a sled. GAURENTEED cause they run sumtimes like 8 wide on a sled race after the trail meets up to the lake.

Breecher_7
12-25-2008, 05:49 PM
Im still under the impression there are no fish in that lake.... When even the locals cant pull a fish out of there, you know that lake sucks. Atleast they have a decent bar up there though, the Roadhouse is always alot of fun.

Car Guy
12-25-2008, 06:31 PM
With a heavy heart I must agree 100%, and unfortunately that was NOT the case years ago. I know I have a picture of my father, my brother (Brad aka-awesomeears), and myself holding up a string of 12+ largemouth bass from about 1990. If my memory is correct it was one of the larger catches but it was common to get at least 3-6 within a span of no more than 2-4 hours; now you're lucky to get 1 or 2 'keepers' all day.....

I say a heavy heart because I have literally grown up at that lake.....:headbang

awsomeears
12-25-2008, 11:54 PM
I have pretty good luck on that lake, pulled some nice bass walleye and bull heads this year !!!

Had a few northern strikes also, I just think you have to fish it different then any other lake. I'm no pro but I always get fish on there :thumbsup

Smokey1226
12-26-2008, 12:41 AM
You dont need to go any further than the local 3 lakes right here in Wind Lake. Plenty of Fish, great size too. Plus when your bored you can come BS with me and get some good eats!

WIN-WIN :D