PDA

View Full Version : New (returning) member

Memphis
01-30-2004, 11:31 PM
Well, where once I was a member, now I am not. Through no fault of my own (ok, maybe a little my fault), I haven;t been on in quite some time. Thought I'd drop in to see how everyone is getting along with the planned winter projects. I myself drive an 85 Monte SS and I just picked up a full 3" exhaust with flowmasters! Am gonna install it with my rebuilt posi as soon as the roads are nice enough to drive again...hopefully that time comes soon!!!
My wife is a member as well (B4MYTM) and I would also like to say hello to Yoosof and Scott!! :haveabeer

lotsals1
01-30-2004, 11:48 PM
wELL WELCOME BACK

Burgandy85SS
01-31-2004, 01:34 AM
Ahh great not another 85 Monte SS owner:rolleyes: :goof Not sure if you are aware of this but there is a site devoted to 80's SS's www.MonteCarloSS.com you may want to check it out if you havent. Oh and Welcome back.
Chris

Yooformula
01-31-2004, 12:29 PM
Welcome back Memphis! I gotta get down by you sometime this weekend with that hood:rockwoot:

Memphis
02-04-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Burgandy85SS
Ahh great not another 85 Monte SS owner:rolleyes: :goof Not sure if you are aware of this but there is a site devoted to 80's SS's www.MonteCarloSS.com you may want to check it out if you havent. Oh and Welcome back.
Chris

Yeah, another Monte Carlo SS. Hey, at least mine has the correct trunk spoiler on it!!:goof Besides, yours is a stock original; mines a modified toy! BTW, I need the right side marker bezel, not the left. Thanks for looking though! I tried to find you again at WOW, but you never came back!

PB86MCSS
02-04-2004, 08:34 PM
Welcome back...glad to have another Monte/g-body owner on board! :haveabeer

Burgandy85SS
02-04-2004, 10:38 PM
I do have the correct spoiler on my SS there are only two diffrent styles the stand up style and a laydown one.
I never thought about it but maybe I have a third type a very rare one of a kind!!
Which side bezel did I tell you i had? I cannot remember I will have to check again.

Memphis
02-05-2004, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Burgandy85SS
[B]I do have the correct spoiler on my SS there are only two diffrent styles the stand up style and a laydown one.

You do know I am kidding right? Figured you didnt know who it was at first, so this was an easy way to clue you in. You said you had the right; I needed the left. I appreciate the thoughts though!:rockwoot:

PB86MCSS
02-05-2004, 09:55 PM
So whats the scoop on your SS? I would wait to check it out but since its still winter :eek: I'll hear about it instead :). Modified, stock? Plans?

Memphis
02-06-2004, 09:53 PM
Its an 85 with a semi-healthy small block. I am currently looking for some parts to build a new motor though. I just picked up a complete 3" exhaust (with notched crossmember) which I will install when I put in the 3:73 posi. It was painted last year (needs some minor finishing and a buff) and has a steel cowl hood. Right now its got steel GN wheels, butI am unsure if they are staying or going. mostly I want to work on the interior this year. The headliner is fresh, but I would like to recover or replace the seats.