PDA

View Full Version : Broken gun- go to jail

Russ Jerome
12-24-2008, 05:45 PM
bWWW1WOQpDk&eurl=http://totalrecoil.wordpress.com/2008/08/08/malfunctioning-ar15-becomes-a-machine-gun/&feature=player_embedded

Expanded coverage on how to kick military personell
after they serve their country, get em down and kick
them with all your power:
http://totalrecoil.wordpress.com/2008/08/08/malfunctioning-ar15-becomes-a-machine-gun/

Reverend Cooper
12-24-2008, 05:48 PM
thats been going for awhile,he has yet to get the nra involved. they are going to fuck this guy hard. bullshit!!!!!

That_Guy
12-25-2008, 12:46 AM
thats been going for awhile,he has yet to get the nra involved. they are going to fuck this guy hard. bullshit!!!!!

agreed and this is very common with m16's

Waver
12-25-2008, 05:31 AM
http://actionsbyt.wordpress.com/2008/05/30/broken-gun-owner-goes-to-jail/?referer=sphere_related_content/

SSDude
12-25-2008, 08:40 AM
I fully understand how easy it would be to get railroaded by the BATFE but it sounds like this guy has a lot more going on than Lou Dobbs is telling.

http://www.davekopel.com/2A/Olofson/2-OLOFSON-trial-TRA...

I understood that the witness (person to whom the firearm was lent) was a friend / neighbour?

Witness: Robert Kiernicki

... Q. Do you remember when you first met Mr. Olofson?
A. March-April.
Q. Of what year?
A. 2006.
Q. Okay. And how did you meet him?
A. There was an ad on the bulletin down in Subway at the gas station in Berlin, and it said, for sale, AR-15 Colt. And I called him to ask him about it, and he said it was gone but he had, um, he could get me another one.
Q. Another gun?
A. Yeah.
Q. Do you know what kind?
A. It was a Colt AR-15.
Q. And where was he gonna get that for you?
A. He was gonna order it, all the parts and all that, the kit.
Q. Okay.
A. And then he was gonna --
Q. Was he gonna put it together for you?
A. Yeah.
Q. Did you ever get that gun?
A. No, I did not.

... Q. Now, you said that you never received that AR-15 that was gonna be built from a kit, right?
A. Yes.
Q. But you did receive a firearm from Mr. Olofson, right?
A. Yes, I did.
Q. Okay. How did that come about?
A. While waiting for the kit and then you'd put it together, he let me borrow the AR-15.
Q. Okay. He didn't sell it to you?
A. No.
Q. He loaned it to you?
A. Yes.
Q. More than once?
A. Yes.
Q. Do you remember approximately how many times?
A. Four times.
Q. Okay. And how long did you have it typically each of those four times?
A. About two weeks.

... Q. Okay. And I'm sorry, now what did he tell you about the selector switch? First of all, did he indicate to you whether he knew that that was an automatic function?
A. Yeah, he told me that the three-round burst wouldn't work and that it would jam up.
Q. Did you know what he meant by "three-round burst"?
A. Yeah.
Q. What did you take him to mean?
A. Three rounds come out of it when you would pull the trigger.
Q. When you pull the trigger once?
A. Yeah.
Q. And when he was telling you this, did he tell you that he had fired it automatically in that three-round burst position and that the gun had jammed on him?
A. Yes.
Q. Okay. Now, did you ever end up putting the selector in that unmarked third position?
A. Yes, I did.
Q. And when was that?
A. Out at the Conservation Club.
Q. Was that the same day that you got the 500 rounds of ammunition from Mr. Olofson?
A. Yes.
Q. And what happened when you pulled the trigger, when the gun was in the unmarked third position?
A. It shot three rounds or maybe four when I pulled the trigger and then it jammed.
Q. Okay. Did you do it more than once?
A. Yeah.

Rocket Power
12-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Remember the ATF also declared a shoelace to be a full auto conversion piece when used in a certain fashion.

SSDude
12-25-2008, 08:53 AM
^True
I want to believe the guys innocent but he's got a lot of questionable past history.

MurphysLaw88GT
12-26-2008, 12:36 AM
Yes. it stinks, the way LEO and the ATF handled the case, as well as this guys prior history.

A. Yeah, he told me that the three-round burst wouldn't work and that it would jam up.
Q. Did you know what he meant by "three-round burst"?
A. Yeah.
Q. What did you take him to mean?
A. Three rounds come out of it when you would pull the trigger.
Q. When you pull the trigger once?
A. Yeah.
Q. And when he was telling you this, did he tell you that he had fired it automatically in that three-round burst position and that the gun had jammed on him?
A. Yes.
Q. Okay. Now, did you ever end up putting the selector in that unmarked third position?
A. Yes, I did.
Q. And when was that?
A. Out at the Conservation Club.
Q. Was that the same day that you got the 500 rounds of ammunition from Mr. Olofson?
A. Yes.
Q. And what happened when you pulled the trigger, when the gun was in the unmarked third position?
A. It shot three rounds or maybe four when I pulled the trigger and then it jammed.
Q. Okay. Did you do it more than once?
A. Yeah.

But, this testimony=OWNED BY ATF Open and shut.

I would not even speak without a lawyer present. The ATF DOES NOT FUCK AROUND...I mean this with absolute sincerity.

GTSLOW
12-26-2008, 01:15 AM
I'd like to find the prosecutor of that case and kick him in the nuts.

Breecher_7
12-26-2008, 05:39 AM
Just another reason to have a class 3 permit.... :rolf

SSDude
12-26-2008, 07:26 AM
^^Agree to that

If you can get the class 3 permit and can afford it he wouldn't have this trouble.

ND4SPD
12-26-2008, 10:55 AM
AFAIK, You only need a class 3 for MGs newer than '86... you can still get older stuff and only have to pay the $200 tax stamp. You then either need to get your Chief Law Enforcement officer's signature on a Form 4 or you can form a revokeable living trust (or incorporate) and skip the CLEO signature.

Yooformula
12-26-2008, 12:00 PM
wasnt his pc found to have online directions on how to convert the gun to fully auto?

SSDude
12-26-2008, 12:26 PM
Sounded like it had been set up for three round burst

Breecher_7
12-26-2008, 12:29 PM
3 round burst is considered "full auto". If it fires more then one round on a single trigger pull, its automatic...

SSDude
12-26-2008, 12:31 PM
You are correct sir:thumbsup

ND4SPD
12-26-2008, 12:41 PM
So does the BATF consider your thumb to be an illegal full auto conversion piece when used in a certain fashion? i.e. 'bump' firing?

Rocket Power
12-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Not yet, really it is only firing once for each pull the gun is just moving back and forth. Like the Hellfire device they used to sell.
http://www.ak-47.net/products/hellfire.html