PDA

View Full Version : Adoption Fundraiser

michelle
12-24-2008, 06:39 AM
No, not for me, but for my future sister-in-law. Adam's sister, Alisha, and her husband John are in the process of adopting a child from Ethiopia. They are now on the waiting list and hopefully will have a baby by the end of 2009.

Adopting a child from another country isn't a very easy task from what I have witnessed and it will take a lot of money to bring their baby home once one is available and they are "next in line" in the adoption list.

In order to help cover the costs, they are having a fundraiser on January 31st at O'Donoghue's Irish Pub in Elm Grove (13225 Watertown Plank Road) at 7 p.m.

There will be a live band, The Empty Suits (www.theemptysuits.com), a silent auction, raffle, and snacks. There will also be a door fee of $5 or bring in a baby item. All of the baby items will be donated to the care center in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.

Some possible baby items would include:
Pampers (any size), Baby Wipes, Baby Lotion, Baby Oil, Baby Shampoo, Vaseline, Infant/Toddler Shoes, Latex Gloves, Surgical Masks, Gauze, Bandages, Children’s Ibuprofen, Anti-Acid Tablets, Anti-Acid Syrup, Foban Ointment, Antibiotic Ointment, Children’s Pain Reliever tablets & drops, Multi Vitamin Syrup & capsules, Iron drops

I just thought I would pass the word in case anybody would like to donate to the silent auction (if so, PM me and I can put you in contact with Alisha and John) or even come on the 31st to help support their opportunity to adopt a child.

Thank you very much and happy holidays!

Michelle

Goat Roper
12-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Cannot make it the 31st but PM me about the silent auction

70 cutlass 442
12-24-2008, 04:39 PM
they mite have to fight brad pit and angoleia jole to get a kid that soon! Good luck! I find it amazing that it takes that long to adpot a kid from over seas, you think it would be a much easier task, apparently not.

moels
12-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Just a question, why not adopt a kid here in the states? Is it harder to adopt one here?