PDA

View Full Version : Velasques Mufflers ( Racine, Wi )

pOrk
12-23-2008, 11:05 PM
is awesome. I called around looking for a muffler for my 97 honda, it rotted from the inside out so I finally pulled it off and needed a replacement.

I called everywhere from Checker and Advanced Auto to Midas and Car X. The cheapest price I could find for the muffler was Advanced for 105 bucks, and it was going to take 2 days to get.

Velasques Mufflers had the muffler in stock for 66.18, and they installed it for that price :thumbsup Sure beat laying on the driveway in this shit weather for 20 minutes doing it myself. Great staff and they got the job done quick.

Wasn't sure where to put this little review, we normally only hear about bad service and I had a pleasant experience with this place that I thought I would share.

awsomeears
12-24-2008, 01:59 AM
For that price I will wait for the Updated post about how fast it rusted out and why it fell off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pOrk
12-24-2008, 02:06 AM
Its the same aftermarket replacement muffler that I would have bought from anywhere else and it is attached the same as it would as a factory oem replacement.

Thanks for your concern though Muffler man.

subliminal1284
12-24-2008, 08:18 AM
Velasquez is the shit, those mexicans work for cheap. If you need exhaust or brake work they are the place to go.

GTSLOW
12-24-2008, 08:24 AM
:rolf

Breecher_7
12-24-2008, 08:25 AM
Velasquez is the shit, those mexicans work for cheap. If you need exhaust or brake work they are the place to go.

Cheap labor huh? :rolf

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-24-2008, 08:25 AM
I wouldnt call it fly by night or anything like that either as they have about 50 shoppes in Chicagoland. They do front end alignments, tires and are a Magnaflow dealer also. Helluva business those guys are running. :thumbsup

-stew-
12-24-2008, 10:40 AM
Chinese parts and illegal's hangin mufflers for $3 an hour sure does keep them costs down. On an unrelated note, I saw a short news story the other day that stated the economy is a little down. Oh wait...

subliminal1284
12-24-2008, 10:59 AM
I got a quote from them for a borla stainless steel catback for $900 installed, its about $900 from summit with no installation.

awsomeears
12-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Thanks for your concern though Muffler man.

:thumbsup

pOrk
12-24-2008, 04:08 PM
Chinese parts and illegal's hangin mufflers for $3 an hour sure does keep them costs down. On an unrelated note, I saw a short news story the other day that stated the economy is a little down. Oh wait...

You have a dumb ass comment for everything, dont you?

You have a kawi motorcycle and I bet 90% of your clothing was made over seas:thumbsup Nice try though, next thing your going to tell me is Obama is going to save our economy right?

84hurst
12-24-2008, 04:10 PM
I think I'd rather pay twice as much to support a LEGAL US Citizen rather than Jose Sanchez to work on my car... but maybe that's just me.

88Nightmare
12-24-2008, 04:10 PM
its time for a change

88Nightmare
12-24-2008, 04:11 PM
I think I'd rather pay twice as much to support a LEGAL US Citizen rather than Jose Sanchez to work on my car... but maybe that's just me.

what does it matter if the guy is legal or not? being an illegal alien in this country affects your mechanical skills?

70 cutlass 442
12-24-2008, 04:16 PM
/\/\ its principal...... illeagles arent paying into unemployemnt or social security which will help hard working americans in time of need or after retirement... I see exactly where 84hurst is comming from.

88Nightmare
12-24-2008, 04:17 PM
that is a valid argument, but when 84hurt made his post, my initial thought was he was doubting the guys skills, not what you brought up

70 cutlass 442
12-24-2008, 04:26 PM
ahh, gotcah... and i dont doubt the skills of the mexicans, cubans, or other southern north american citizens.... they can float just about anything across any body of water, and can keep a car thats 60 years old running with wood pistons... so you are correct on that one!

GHOSST
12-24-2008, 06:30 PM
Well, I know were I'm going when I come back to WI, and might need some muffler work, hahahaha.

pOrk
12-24-2008, 06:54 PM
If you idiots wants to argue about illegals working in Wi, get off your lazy asses and prove to me that the employees that spoke perfect english do not have green cards.

Some of you guys are so ignorant its ridiculous.

GHOSST
12-24-2008, 07:32 PM
If you idiots wants to argue about illegals working in Wi, get off your lazy asses and prove to me that the employees that spoke perfect english do not have green cards.

Some of you guys are so ignorant its ridiculous.

eh, good point. Just because the work is cheap and the prices are fair doesnt mean they are illegal. A stereotype yes. I mean, maybe they are just trying to corner the market in a failing economy. I bet there business is steady if not booming just from word of mouth. Ultimately sounds like great business handling, instead of cheap labor. But honestly who knows, and who cares. I know I wont when I need some exhaust work.

pOrk
12-25-2008, 01:06 AM
http://www.velasquezmufflers.com/

That is their website, def looks like shady buisness practice :rolleyes:

ANYWAYS, great service was had and I would highly recommend them to someone looking for cheap, QUALITY exhaust work.

HY35F2T
12-25-2008, 09:09 AM
I must be an illegal too because i do work on cars for damn cheap,and im mexican.lol funny pecker woods.

Reverend Cooper
12-25-2008, 11:45 AM
el neato

-stew-
12-25-2008, 08:00 PM
http://www.velasquezmufflers.com/

That is their website, def looks like shady buisness practice :rolleyes:

ANYWAYS, great service was had and I would highly recommend them to someone looking for cheap, QUALITY exhaust work.

http://www.velasquezmufflers.com/products.html

If they can't spell brakes, I'm surely not gonna let them work on mine. What was Wisconsin Mufflers price for the same muffler installed?

Fast SVT
12-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Think they do engine builds?

;)

lordairgtar
12-27-2008, 10:56 PM
http://www.velasquezmufflers.com/products.html

If they can't spell brakes, I'm surely not gonna let them work on mine. What was Wisconsin Mufflers price for the same muffler installed?
Could have been the web designers fault. Seen that a lot. Illegals might use a stolen SS # so they do in fact contribute to the retirement and it's your employer that contributes to unemployment bennies.

STANMAN
12-28-2008, 09:38 AM
Could have been the web designers fault. Seen that a lot. Illegals might use a stolen SS # so they do in fact contribute to the retirement and it's your employer that contributes to unemployment bennies.

Most of them do have "fake" SS numbers, and contribute for years, but then can't take anything out obviously. Wonder why we still talk about SS failing when we have hundreds of thousands of people putting into it that will never take a penny out isn't it???:stare

lordairgtar
12-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Most of them do have "fake" SS numbers, and contribute for years, but then can't take anything out obviously. Wonder why we still talk about SS failing when we have hundreds of thousands of people putting into it that will never take a penny out isn't it???:stare
Because our elected officials keep skimming the pool for other projects.:flipoff2: