PDA

View Full Version : When will GM recapture my full attention?

SMS 1
01-30-2004, 08:10 PM
When is GM going to come out with some bitchin rendition of an old classic? I mean if FORD keeps this kind of stuff up I may be converted by 2006. I mean come on! I bet you could make a pretty bad ass 1970style TA, or a 1968 Camaro redux even though the whole line is now kaput :fire

Maybe I am just venting because I am not sure that I am totally on the "New Generation" bandwagon but with the kick ass retro-concepts coming out of the blue oval it's hard for me to embrace the new GM stuff.

Cryptic
01-30-2004, 09:07 PM
w3rd... GTO was a weak attempt. Just took another car from another country and slap an American icon name on it.

...weak

Al
01-30-2004, 11:20 PM
They have new lines out there, but they are nothing different except for the ssr. They need a more competetive car. I was hoping that ford or chevy would come out with a 270 hp+ awd sport compact or something like that.

Neat thought... if the ion redline and cobalt (whatver it is called) are priced below 21k like the srt4, that means the 3 fastest cars under 21k will all be american.

02hawk796
01-31-2004, 09:53 AM
How am I going to explain buying or driving a new Mustang or F-car? Oh, the shame.... GM hath forsaken us.
Maybe I should get one of those mopeds just to practice cowering in embarrassment. :D :P :D

edit: ok, wait, now I'm thinkin' - that new stang had a V10 put in by Shelby's people, right? So does this mean an LS1 or LS6 could fit in the engine bay? Think about it - a new retro Stang with hp and torque! Woooooohooooo!

animal
01-31-2004, 10:19 AM
Not a bad time to be a ford guy I guess huh? :flipoff: ;)

Yooformula
01-31-2004, 12:27 PM
Gotta admit alot of Fords stuff looks good to me lately, especially their trucks:flipoff: