PDA

View Full Version : Well i got some shitty news

That_Guy
12-23-2008, 08:44 AM
I found out from my primary employment that come January I will be most likely out of a job. The shitty economy has struck the building business pretty hard and being that I'm just a draftsman I got the first indication of being layed off. So if there is anybody here how has any heads up on drafting jobs throw them out there as of now im starting to apply for 3rd shift jobs because I cant afford to be unemployed...

Breecher_7
12-23-2008, 08:45 AM
We need floor scrubbers....

nismodave
12-23-2008, 08:48 AM
I got laid off also.....God only knows when I will be working again.

You are not alone.

Exitspeed
12-23-2008, 08:57 AM
Yea I got laid off a month ago.

I actually seen this as a huge opportunity. Think about, you can collect unemployment and then go do some certification classes, etc. You can obviously look for a job the whole time, but it might take a while and you'll be even more qualified then you were before.

I took an unpaid internship my friend got my at BVK which is a huge advertising agency. I've learned more in the last 4 weeks then I may have learned my entire education. Plus I'm making contacts and getting my foot in the door.

Good luck. It's tough out there.

That_Guy
12-23-2008, 08:58 AM
We need floor scrubbers....

cash?:rolf

That_Guy
12-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Yea I got laid off a month ago.

I actually seen this as a huge opportunity. Think about, you can collect unemployment and then go do some certification classes, etc. You can obviously look for a job the whole time, but it might take a while and you'll be even more qualified then you were before.

I took an unpaid internship my friend got my at BVK which is a huge advertising agency. I've learned more in the last 4 weeks then I may have learned my entire education. Plus I'm making contacts and getting my foot in the door.

Good luck. It's tough out there.

this might be what im going to do.. thats why im looking for a 3rd shift job i know target distribution center offers a fri,sat,sun,mon 3rd shift witch would allow me to go to school and work another job if i like

Exitspeed
12-23-2008, 09:03 AM
this might be what im going to do.. thats why im looking for a 3rd shift job i know target distribution center offers a fri,sat,sun,mon 3rd shift witch would allow me to go to school and work another job if i like

Good plan. Smart.

GTSLOW
12-23-2008, 09:16 AM
I found out from my primary employment that come January I will be most likely out of a job. The shitty economy has struck the building business pretty hard and being that I'm just a draftsman I got the first indication of being layed off. So if there is anybody here how has any heads up on drafting jobs throw them out there as of now im starting to apply for 3rd shift jobs because I cant afford to be unemployed...

Check this out (http://www.goarmy.com/JobDetail.do?id=298)

Hit the treadmill and LMK. :thumbsup

-stew-
12-23-2008, 09:23 AM
Like Pac said: keep ya head up. And it could be worse: someone could door-ding your car.

deuceWI
12-23-2008, 09:30 AM
Drafting background in what field and what software are you familiar with?

That_Guy
12-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Check this out (http://www.goarmy.com/JobDetail.do?id=298)

Hit the treadmill and LMK. :thumbsup

i would like to finish up my degree before i consider the army Ive got 1 semester to go. i took the asvab already and scored a 92 i believe with my asvab score and my degree i would be eligable for any position i want.

That_Guy
12-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Drafting background in what field and what software are you familiar with?

auto cad.. any version.. my 3d skills are rusty.. real rusty but i do have some experience in revit. I've ive done parts break downs and things along the line of that.

ive also worked on sketch up and archi cad

GTSLOW
12-23-2008, 10:30 AM
i would like to finish up my degree before i consider the army Ive got 1 semester to go. i took the asvab already and scored a 92 i believe with my asvab score and my degree i would be eligable for any position i want.

You most definitely would with a score like that.

Breecher_7
12-23-2008, 12:46 PM

Join a branch of the service that you will actually learn a skill that will PAY when you get out.... Think Airforce Or Navy.... The two that are based on intelligence, not how may pull ups you can do. :thumbsup And if down the line you still have a urge to become a bullet sponge, there are always openings in the special forces units! Seals, EOD, SWCC....

GTSLOW
12-23-2008, 01:26 PM
:rolf Look how you turned out.

That_Guy
12-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Join a branch of the service that you will actually learn a skill that will PAY when you get out.... Think Airforce Or Navy.... The two that are based on intelligence, not how may pull ups you can do. :thumbsup And if down the line you still have a urge to become a bullet sponge, there are always openings in the special forces units! Seals, EOD, SWCC....

to be honest with you i would join the navy or air force.. i wouldn't mind working on a aircraft carrier ... looks like any position on one of them would be a sick job.

Breecher_7
12-23-2008, 01:28 PM
:rolf Look how you turned out.

Yep, with a great paying job that I do nothing at all day long! :thumbsup

Oh, and no, it wouldnt be cash for the floor scrubber job.

Breecher_7
12-23-2008, 01:29 PM
to be honest with you i would join the navy or air force.. i wouldn't mind working on a aircraft carrier ... looks like any position on one of them would be a sick job.

:rolf You couldnt be more wrong. Cool place to be stationed, yes. But depending on what you do, it can go from a fun job to a job that makes you want to slit your wrists.... :stare

RanJer
12-23-2008, 01:29 PM

Yup, sit home and talk shit to the ppl that are still there on Y! messenger.. lol

Breecher_7
12-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Yup, sit home and talk shit to the ppl that are still there on Y! messenger.. lol

:rolf

GTSLOW
12-23-2008, 01:40 PM
:rolf You couldnt be more wrong. Cool place to be stationed, yes. But depending on what you do, it can go from a fun job to a job that makes you want to slit your wrists.... :stare

Carrier = :gay :whip

j/k

Breecher_7
12-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Carrier = :gay :whip

j/k

:alcoholic

GTSLOW
12-23-2008, 01:46 PM
:rolf that too

That_Guy
12-23-2008, 01:48 PM

i suppose... i wouldn't mind working in where they store explosives.. :rolf

That_Guy
12-23-2008, 01:48 PM

pm me details.

Breecher_7
12-23-2008, 01:52 PM
i suppose... i wouldn't mind working in where they store explosives.. :rolf

Aviation Ordnance, Not a bad job. Pretty slack actually. Job is to load and unload the ordnance from the aircraft. Unless it during war time flight ops, then your gonna be hustling... None the less, pretty slack job. Or you could always go into what I did.... But its not a easy job to get or program to get through.

http://www.eod.navy.mil/
http://www.eod.navy.mil/training.htm

Breecher_7
12-23-2008, 01:52 PM
pm me details.

You really dont want details, your probably lookin at $8 an hour, you can make more on unemployment.

That_Guy
12-23-2008, 02:08 PM
You really dont want details, your probably lookin at $8 an hour, you can make more on unemployment.
lol gotcha

y2kws6
12-23-2008, 02:08 PM
My work is looking for a designer they still use autocad 14 but also have 2002+, solid works, visio, and some others.

Tool & Die Designer (http://www.milwaukeejobs.com/jobs.asp?pagemode=15&jid=1392198&job_code=-1&job_type_id=3&category_id=&keywords=&city_id=&domain_id=-1&kt=Tooling+Engineer+%2f+Tool+and+Die+Designer&kc=Die+Concepts&kl=Waukesha%2c+WI)

Dan

That_Guy
12-23-2008, 02:11 PM
My work is looking for a designer they still use autocad 14 but also have 2002+, solid works, visio, and some others.

Tool & Die Designer (http://www.milwaukeejobs.com/jobs.asp?pagemode=15&jid=1392198&job_code=-1&job_type_id=3&category_id=&keywords=&city_id=&domain_id=-1&kt=Tooling+Engineer+%2f+Tool+and+Die+Designer&kc=Die+Concepts&kl=Waukesha%2c+WI)

Dan

i dont mind using auto cad 14 or 2002. i like acad14 because of the digi bored.. its so much faster then typing in codeds or using buttons on the screen

btw i just applied