PDA

View Full Version : How to give a game away by the green bay packers

Waver
12-22-2008, 10:55 PM
Once again, Rodgers gets them a nice lead goingintothe 2nd half, and the defense gives it way, with a little help from their special teams......

Oh well all I have to say GO BEARS

nismodave
12-22-2008, 11:50 PM
:rolf:rolf:rolf

Packers :punch:

Sprayaway Fox
12-23-2008, 12:27 AM
Get Holmgem back!:headbang

The need open tryouts! Just like in INVINCIBLE. Mo fo's need to know if you cant preform someone else will.

Z28Envy
12-23-2008, 01:38 AM
Even I was pulling for the Packer's tonight. Needed them to get my shitty Viking's into the playoffs. Now they have to beat the Giants!

Brian98GTP
12-23-2008, 01:58 AM
I am sooooo picking Detroit to beat the Packers next week.
This shit is just getting ridiculous. :rolf

Crawlin
12-23-2008, 06:07 AM
I'm with Brian!!!

Go Lions!!!!!

1-15

You know those guys were watching that game going, "we can do this"

Karps TA
12-23-2008, 08:02 AM
As soon as they once again had to settle for a FG in the 4th quarter, I knew they'd lose that game. When it really matters the offense can't get the job done.

fivonut
12-23-2008, 09:51 AM
neither can the defense

jbiscuit
12-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Go Lions!!! Anybody got a Vegas bookie?

Karps TA
12-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Yeah but I can't blame the defense. Hard to be a good defense when you don't put any talent on that side of the ball. The offense is loaded with talent. They should be able to score a TD when it matters.

Waver
12-23-2008, 10:12 AM
As soon as they once again had to settle for a FG in the 4th quarter, I knew they'd lose that game. When it really matters the offense can't get the job done.

they had the lead in th 4th, the defense and the special teams gave it up to the bears

RanJer
12-23-2008, 10:29 AM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f230/JayThreeAre/PackersSuck.jpg

Karps TA
12-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Again it's kinda hard to stop people on D when the players are not very good. It's not the Defenses fault they suck, they are doing the best the can for the players they have.

EVerybody knows the defense sucks, so that means in order to win the offense needs to score more point. The offense coulda closed the door on Chicago by getting that TD there. Totally changes how both teams play the rest of the game cause Chicago would have needed 2 scores instead of 1.

TT spent all his offseason making sure Rodgers had a bunch of weapons around him, settling for FG's in the 4th quarter to make a slim lead with a ton of time left on the clock isn't getting the job done. It's not like it's never happened before. They played the exact same game the last couple weeks.

fivonut
12-23-2008, 11:01 AM
I think it's 7 games now GB lost by a TD or less. A couple of properly executed plays and we'd be 12-3 right now. BUT, just like our offense hasn't stepped up when it mattered neither has the defense.

Karps TA
12-23-2008, 11:03 AM
They just need to get their pad level corrected.

badass88gt
12-23-2008, 02:44 PM
I think they lose on purpose. I think they pool their money together and bet against GB in Vegas, and in the end theyre laughing all the way to the bank. You watch, next week...........their Grand Finale.

Beagle
12-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Seriously everyone needs to wake up. Its not the defense its RODGERS. 5th straight week that he did not take the team down and win the game. The only reason they got into field goal range was because of the kick return. Plus why the hell would you run the ball on 3 and 5 when the should have passed it to try and get the first down to get closer for Mason Crosby. The 4th quarter with the game on the line and a few minutes left shows you what your quarterback is really made of. Lets see Rodgers is 0 for 5 when the game is on the line you think a great quarterback would want to do that? Fvck no a great quarterback wants the ball.. Face it the guy sucks under pressure plain and simple. I dont care if its his first season starting he learned from the BEST and the best has a winning record. Packers suck because of two things. Rodgers and shitty play calling.

badass88gt
12-23-2008, 05:28 PM
You dont think the defense shares any of the blame? Win as a team, lose as a team.

Beagle
12-23-2008, 05:49 PM
You dont think the defense shares any of the blame? Win as a team, lose as a team.

Not every week they dont. Every week its the same thing Blaim the defense. Rodgers puts the pressure on the defense every game late in the 4th. And thats after he fails to score. Now that I think of it I dont think Rodgers has even taken the team down to score any points on there last drive in the 4th quarter which is why they lost 5 in a row.

T-Bag
12-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Still better than Favre who doesn't have the arm strength to get the ball down the field anymore. He seriously aged 5 years in about a month.

He'll learn....no one else would have done better, Rodgers had a great first year statistically at least.

badass88gt
12-23-2008, 06:09 PM
And the defense forces the offense to score MORE points to REGAIN any lead they had, its a vicious circle, goes round and round for 3 hours a week.

Reverend Cooper
12-23-2008, 06:33 PM
where is smarty pantz Lash. I called a loss as i have the last six,ans swami says pick detroit for the upset. THE PACKERS SUCK ANAL SEEPAGE

Beagle
12-23-2008, 06:35 PM
And the defense forces the offense to score MORE points to REGAIN any lead they had, its a vicious circle, goes round and round for 3 hours a week.

Really??? than how come the packers where 13 and 3 last year? Same defense but what changed on the offense???? Shit its the defense man your right.

Reverend Cooper
12-23-2008, 06:36 PM
^ powned

Beagle
12-23-2008, 06:39 PM
To be exact the Offense has only scored 25 touchdowns and the defense has given up 20.....

badass88gt
12-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Youre absolutely right, its singlehandedly Rodgers that is losing every game. My bad.

fivonut
12-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Really??? than how come the packers where 13 and 3 last year? Same defense but what changed on the offense???? Shit its the defense man your right.

That right there is some logik folks!!!

QB rankings so far this season

Brett Favre 18th
Aaron Rodgers 8th

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=1&statisticPositionCategory=QUARTERBACK&season=2008&seasonType=REG

badass88gt
12-24-2008, 12:45 AM
Doesnt matter. Its still Rodger's fault. Stats are just made up numbers.

Reverend Cooper
12-24-2008, 01:58 AM
Stats mean shit just because you play great ball for 3.5 quarters then fall off the rest of the game.

BeesTwinEG
12-24-2008, 10:49 AM
... Aaron Rogers did not loose the game. It was the "team" that lost the game. Then can I say mr. Orton won the game??? No because Bears defense just shut them down after 3rd quater.
Can't blame rogers. I personally think if Rogers go on different team he will be top 10 NFL list. Offensive line did horrible job 4th quater... I should say Bears defenisive line Stomp them.

yes, A. Roger is ranked #8 in NFL. Stats does mean shit.
A. Roger is ranked #15 in 4 quater drives though. 3.5 yds........... 0-5 loss haha
I hope they loose to Detroit Lions so you guys can see how horrible their offensive line and defenisive after 2nd half.

DynoTom
12-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Stats mean shit just because you play great ball for 3.5 quarters then fall off the rest of the game.

A R lacks respect , leadership and talent that Favre had...I think A R sux big time and I hope they trade him off and get a real quarterback in there....He just is not working out and I'm not going along with him just because T T thought it was a good move....I think Bob and Brian should fire up the "All My Packers " comedy skit they used to do long ago when the Packers really sucked because they sure suck now !:rolf

BOSS LX
12-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Aaron Rodgers is, and will be our franchise quarterback. I think he had a great first year as a starter!

I will kinda agree about the lack of respect thing though.

70 cutlass 442
12-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Rodgers is a tool. And WTF good is a strong arm going to do you? he over launched how many throws when the WR was wide open..... The thing with favre is he could pull the team to a win if he had to under pressure when the Def was sucking. Rodgers has NO leadership skills. For everyone that thinks he great... well the numbers speak for them self...... and even better. the jets were a horrible team last year and with few few roster changes, they manage to be one of the in the league...... and the biggest roster change was................ wait for it................... Brett favre...

Reverend Cooper
12-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Favre = calm collective and a leader under pressure.
A-Rod= running around like a kid being chased by a bully hoping things turn out ok

BeesTwinEG
12-24-2008, 06:37 PM
A-Rod= running around like a kid being chased by a bully hoping things turn out ok
fixed

Favre = Old dude that needs to calm down in football league before he really start crying because he can't walk anymore.
A- Rod = Very good player with leadership. Just needs better attention :headbang This is a guy will play his cards year or so. but needs to go to better team.

Reverend Cooper
12-24-2008, 06:57 PM
wrong,put him in a different offensive scheme on another unfamiliar team and hea really fails. beleive me on that,this team and offense is all he knows.

nismodave
12-24-2008, 07:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n79jSzKA0L8

T-Bag
12-24-2008, 07:23 PM
A R lacks respect , leadership and talent that Favre had...I think A R sux big time and I hope they trade him off and get a real quarterback in there....He just is not working out and I'm not going along with him just because T T thought it was a good move....I think Bob and Brian should fire up the "All My Packers " comedy skit they used to do long ago when the Packers really sucked because they sure suck now !:rolf

Aaron Rodgers does not suck. He had a great first year. Trade and get a real quarterback? WHAT real quarterback? Are you ******* kidding me? Do you know anything about football? Do you want Daunte Culpepper or something?

Give it the fuck up, the team fell apart and everyone blames Rodgers. What about our offensive line, what about the conservative defensive playcalling at the end of games. You guys are idiots if you think there is a better quarterback out there available.

Rodgers is THE Packer's QB for a long time to come . Quit bitching and making up false shit just because old man Favre isn't around anymore. Rodgers isn't going anywhere.

T-Bag
12-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Rodgers is a tool. And WTF good is a strong arm going to do you? he over launched how many throws when the WR was wide open..... The thing with favre is he could pull the team to a win if he had to under pressure when the Def was sucking. Rodgers has NO leadership skills. For everyone that thinks he great... well the numbers speak for them self...... and even better. the jets were a horrible team last year and with few few roster changes, they manage to be one of the in the league...... and the biggest roster change was................ wait for it................... Brett favre...

The Jets are not one of the best teams in the league, they've played like shit the last half of the season. Look at their record, they aren't going to win the division or make the playoffs...Pennington and Miami are going to stick it up Mangina's and Favre's collective asses.

DynoTom
12-24-2008, 09:01 PM

I agree 110% with Coop.....

Reverend Cooper
12-24-2008, 09:04 PM
^ i dont hate Rodgers,I just think a great QB like Favre shouldnt be run outta town like a gangster because Ted Thompson wants to leave his mark on the org. And the worst part is all you Packer fans let him do it not only that your standing behind his decision and the team still WTF. 13-3 last year to 5-10 going on 5-11 haha and the real change was a QB helllllllooooo wake up people. Thanks Tom I also concur with your thoughts on this.

moels
12-24-2008, 09:19 PM
I do not support Favre leaving(whatever happened), but I will always be a Packer fan.

badass88gt
12-24-2008, 10:11 PM

You dont think that comes with experience? Is your Holy Crybabybitch the same QB he is now as he was in his 1st year?

So you think they shouldve just let Favre play his mindgames with the retirement shit and make up his mind whenever he felt like it??

Coop, what if next spring you tell your boss in a tearfull speech at Andrew that you are done, gonna pursue other interests. They will replace you, but then in August you go back in there and say you change your mind, you want the other guy fired and you back in the spot like nothing ever happened.

Better yet, suppose your boss gives a tearfull speech saying he's retiring in March, and you get bumped up into his management spot. Then in August he comes back and says he changed his mind, you have to go back to your old job and old salary, and he gets his spot back?

Reverend Cooper
12-24-2008, 10:30 PM
or...... maybe thompson has been trying to rid himself of Favre and making his life behind the scenes miserable for years and finaly told him to retire or not get any seat time any more,Favre is the only one i believe left from the old superbowl era. Thompson wants people there that are his so to speak people. for that Thompson era or mark if you will on the orginization. Favre finally has enough says Im done,then has time to sit on it and think hey im not done and wants back in because he was being forced out not wanting to leave on his own. Oh and try to find a Donald Driver jersey anywhere except at the stadium,its not cuz they are sold out. remember i said this. I dont think driver will be back next year with the pack,maybe not at all.

DynoTom
12-24-2008, 10:57 PM
I think A R really just lacks in leadership in general ? His personality might just be one that does not generate any extra drive in the guys he is trying to lead ?

People I know always said sheet about Favre when he would yell at one of his guys when they messed up , I think that's a good thing to set a standard to make every play count....

Stats do count but , the personality of the " field general " on the field can make the players really stand up and perform when they need to....It would be like two bosses where you work , one boss might be a hard azz and really wants to do the best he can and in turn you prolly will do your best , the other boss might be one who really is lost and not sure what the hell is going on and in turn the workers will not be as driven to perform ? It's human nature for us to respond to our surroundings....Look how many second string / released from other teams Packer players became GREAT PLAYERS ! Dorsey & Green come to mind first....I think those guys KNEW the leadership and team back in those times NEEDED them to step up and they did...Today it seems nobody on the pack has the FIRE out there..... A R could not get his guys to follow him out of a burning building !

I also think you might see some Packers leaving , Driver will prolly be one....

badass88gt
12-24-2008, 11:40 PM
Coop, that is all "what-ifs" and basically hearsay. All I know is what I saw, and I saw a tear filled retirement speech, a replacement for the retiring guy, and the retiree changing his mind, wanting to come back.

I'm sure we will never know the absolute truth about anything behind closed doors that took place between GB and Favre. All I know is I have ZERO respect for the guy as a man of his word.

You are comparing Favre's leadership skills to Rodgers, but its not apples to apples. How were Favre's leadership skills during his first season? Were they comparable to today, or were they comparable to Rodgers?

Reverend Cooper
12-25-2008, 06:46 AM
Yeah and all you know about the war in Iraq is what you see from the criminal liberal media on tv,do you believe thats all there is too the war,we shouldnt be there and guys are dieing all the time bush sucks and we arent helping there at all?
wake up there is more too the story than what you saw on tv. do you think he was crying because he knew it was over and not his choice? speculation now, yes. when the book comes out by Favre which you know it will and I am correct dont hate congratulate. If i am wrong I will say I am.
http://www.nfl.com/players/brettfavre/careerstats?id=FAV540222
those stats for Favres first year with the packers look like he lead the team quite well considering what he had to work with.
Now lets say A-Rod had the same caliber players favre did in 1991 not a team built around him like A-rod has can anyone deny the fact that a-rod would be a failure even more so than he is now?
look what favre completed in 95-96 once the team was finally completely built around him and the defense was rocking. A-rod is junk,soon he will get hurt anyways.

Waver
12-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Dont get me wrong, Farve is one of the greatist QB's of all time, and yes, he did get forced out of Green Bay......is that ARs' fault. No. Farve decided to audible the whole retirement thing, if he realy wanted to play for greenbay or if he wanted to stick it to the packers is questionable. While that was all going on, here we have a first year starting qb trying to establish him self in the training camp, in the preseason, not really sure if he has a starting job or not, not sure how he should handle the situation, partially distracted by it (even though he was handeling him self really well durring all of that), his team unsure of who is going to be their leader. I am sure the team was split about it too. Now, we have a fan base that is split, some saying that AR is a great Qb and in time will be able to establish him self as the leader he can be, and the other half saying that he sucks.....Numbers dont lie, true. I do believe that AR has beter numbers than farve did his first year, and farve had a better offensive line, and probably a slightly better defence than now.......I say give Rodgers the benifit of the doubt, lets see how he leads the team next season, when all of the distractions are gone, he dosnt have that rookie inexperience(lets face it, he took like three snaps the entire time that farve ws a part of the organization, he sure as hell not a vetran player). The team is not called the green bay farves or the green bay rodgers. they are the packers, and thus, we need to place the blame on the whole team.....Rodgers mistakes are because he is still wet behind the ears. Most of the troubles are partially because of the defense not being to stop even a highschool team in the fourth quarter of play, the offensive line not protecting the qb or blocking as well as they can, a special teams who thinks the word "special" means special ed, and some horrible playcalling

badass88gt
12-25-2008, 10:42 AM
I have a very hard time believing that a QB of Favre's caliber can be forced to do ANYTHING.

I guess we will see. WTF does this have to do with Iraq? Youre reaching now.....

Reverend Cooper
12-25-2008, 11:14 AM
it was an analogy only,it has nothing to do with iraq. i was getting remedial so you would hopefully understand,that didn't work so back to the drawing board.
easier
A-rod = teh sux

badass88gt
12-25-2008, 02:55 PM
I still dont get it. Perhaps regular English would work, I dont speak your hip internet lingo?

Reverend Cooper
12-25-2008, 03:44 PM
^ understood lost cause,kinda like the Packers.

T-Bag
12-25-2008, 04:46 PM
I've seen Donald Driver jerseys everywhere...what are you talking about? The one jersey I do have finding is Aaron Rodgers because nearly everywhere sold out before christmas. I was looking for one for my mom and all they had was Woodson, Driver and Hawk Jerseys...and a couple of comedy Matt Flynn

badass88gt
12-25-2008, 04:53 PM
I have a Mike Cooper jersey.

Reverend Cooper
12-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Its the best evar!!!! ^

Reverend Cooper
12-25-2008, 04:56 PM
I've seen Donald Driver jerseys everywhere...what are you talking about? The one jersey I do have finding is Aaron Rodgers because nearly everywhere sold out before christmas. I was looking for one for my mom and all they had was Woodson, Driver and Hawk Jerseys...and a couple of comedy Matt Flynn

Ididnt see one driver jersey anywhere in the mall yesterday. I have a few friends looking for them to that havent seen them

T-Bag
12-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Ididnt see one driver jersey anywhere in the mall yesterday. I have a few friends looking for them to that havent seen them

What mall? There were a ton of them at Champs in Brookfield square...but no Rodgers :crying

Reverend Cooper
12-25-2008, 06:47 PM
rodgers in mayfair no dd,when asked they said they were not anticipating getting anymore for the year. seems odd.

DynoTom
12-25-2008, 06:55 PM
I have a Mike Cooper jersey.

I say put Coop in the game ! He can't be any worse than Rodgers is !:goof:goof

Yooformula
12-25-2008, 07:08 PM
so are the jets running him out of town too now? he had a interview talking about retiring again then back peddles by saying his shoulder is injured we will see. i still love people comparing a 16 yr veteran to a rookie...priceless.

Reverend Cooper
12-25-2008, 07:10 PM
I just think that rodgers has more of a team built around and for him than favre did his first year. does it really matter they are 5-10 soon to be 5-11

Reverend Cooper
12-25-2008, 07:11 PM
so are the jets running him out of town too now? he had a interview talking about retiring again then back peddles by saying his shoulder is injured we will see. i still love people comparing a 16 yr veteran to a rookie...priceless.

if he retires at least its because he wants to not someone in the ord wants him out. you guys should pick him up the steelers need a QB

Waver
12-25-2008, 07:21 PM
rodgers in mayfair no dd,when asked they said they were not anticipating getting anymore for the year. seems odd.

could it be because there is only a week left in the year?

T-Bag
12-25-2008, 08:07 PM
if he retires at least its because he wants to not someone in the ord wants him out. you guys should pick him up the steelers need a QB

What's wrong with Big Ben? Fuck some dudes have a bad couple of games, sometimes a bad season and everyone says the team needs a new QB...