PDA

View Full Version : Will it fit?

BoosTT
12-22-2008, 02:25 PM
... That's what she said. Anyway, I've been looking to purchase a bike for a while and now I'm having some seccond thoughts that I might not be able to fit it in my 1 car garage. I got a 42" toolbox (in sideways) and my small tt in there. I was thinking of putting a bike in horzontly, behind my TT. IE: so the wheels of the bike well pretty much match up with the tail lights. I think the garage is 20ft long, the tt is only 14 feet. I know I have a solid 4 ft minimum behind the tt, the full lenght of the garage door.

Would a bike fit? I think a 600cc rocket would no problem, but not a v-rod. The v-rod measures 3' wide. Comments?

-stew-
12-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Buy a rear stand. Being vertical makes the bike take up a lot less room. I bought my stands for ~$125 shipped from e-bay (T-Rex Racing is the brand) for a rear and front stand.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p249/stewsquarenuts/rides/100_0233.jpg

BoosTT
12-22-2008, 07:48 PM
I took some more measurements tonight. I got about a 4 foot by 9 foot area for a bike. This is enough room, right? Would a v-rod fit? How much aditional room does not using stands take up? Can the space be used twice? ie: handle bars over the hood of my car?

deuceWI
12-23-2008, 09:50 AM
If I had a pos HD I'd just leave it outside. No need to waste useful garage space storing garbage.

kidding, kidding, :) That you ride is more important than what you ride.

I'd guess you could sneak a standard style bike in as long as you get it tucked in tight and leaning towards the car. This can be quite a chore on a heavy HD. Have you ever tried to turn a bike around in a 1 car garage? Lots of back and forth action. Much easier on a lighterweigh sportbike that can be picked up.

You could always wander past a dealer and see how much room they really take up.

Al
12-23-2008, 10:45 AM
It will fit.