PDA

View Full Version : Website Designers

Stangman98
12-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Looking for one that can help me design a site with either PHP or VBulletin and help maintain it. Not looking to spend a fortune though. I know this stuff isn't cheap either. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Myles
12-21-2008, 09:25 PM
What are you trying to do is the first question i would ask.

Stangman98
12-21-2008, 09:28 PM
What are you trying to do is the first question i would ask.

I plan on starting a new site and need design help from the ground up. I know nothing about coding ect.

Myles
12-21-2008, 09:30 PM
I plan on starting a new site and need design help from the ground up. I know nothing about coding ect.

Is it a forum? Is it a forum along with a main blog style page?

I may be able to help you get in the right direction, PM me if you dont want to disclose anything publicly.

Stangman98
12-21-2008, 09:33 PM
It would be a forum similar to this

Myles
12-21-2008, 09:38 PM
I would suggest http://www.simplemachines.org/ if you are looking for something free.

VB is also a good choice and has a CMS style front end option but it costs money. I dont know if SMF has the same i think it does.

Its not hard to setup nor manage. Read a little create a test site and you are on your way.

Stangman98
12-21-2008, 09:49 PM
I would suggest http://www.simplemachines.org/ if you are looking for something free.

VB is also a good choice and has a CMS style front end option but it costs money. I dont know if SMF has the same i think it does.

Its not hard to setup nor manage. Read a little create a test site and you are on your way.

Interesting. I think I am going to stay away from PHP if I can though. I really like VB and the features. I guess I may just wing it and see what I can do on my own. This should be interesting

Myles
12-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Interesting. I think I am going to stay away from PHP if I can though. I really like VB and the features. I guess I may just wing it and see what I can do on my own. This should be interesting

VB is PHP, so you cant stay away from it.

Its not hard, just truck through it, if you have any questions you can always PM me if you need help.

CPonyGo
12-22-2008, 08:23 AM
D- all my sites are thru Lunarpages(awesome) and I use SMF with a Tiny Portal front..you have seen it in work for years now and thats what I use. Lunarpages uses Fantasico and will install everything into your root directory and then has a package uploader to install any upgrades.themes- whatever. If the installer doesn't work then there is also offered a Package Parser that breaks down the modifications for you to manually enter the changes...Its very easy and you end up with vB style board that is free ware...I pay about 100.00 year for the Lunarpages...

If you are looking to start up your site again..let me know bud I would help ya- even come up to work on it with you. I strongly suggest Lunarpages. My pages load fast-real fast..they offer lots of bandwidth(usually not an issue any more with smaller based sites) and lots of storage..

Give me a call kuncklehead

Stangman98
12-24-2008, 02:03 AM
Well I managed to get a dinky ass front page up and now I am ******* lost. No idea how to link to a forum, design a forum, ect. I am such a ******* computer idiot