PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else have to brave the cold today?

rally_scort
12-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Ive been out since 1am, snowblowing and shoveling city walks, as well as plowing driveways.This shit is cold as a mofo.I cant wait to go back out tonight to clean up the damn drifting thats bound to happen :flipoff2:

Goat Roper
12-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Errands, thats it for me. I let the dogs out this morning and did the usual "no socks/no shoes" three steps out to the kennel and I can report that was stupid.

DirtyMax
12-21-2008, 11:09 AM
I cleaned up the driveway and the sidewalk and even though I bundled up, it was a tad cool out on any bits of exposed skin.

Prince Valiant
12-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Got to work on the driveway sidewalks...went to breakfast...will have to work tonight too, albeit indoors.

Lash
12-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Under Armour Cold Gear FTW. Worth ever penny. I have the full set-up. Shirt, pants, ski-mask, gloves. AWESOME!!

CobraSnake
12-21-2008, 11:23 AM
I am work and still drunk from the night before. Had to stop to get gas and I only could in $10 because it was so freaking cold.

Mark

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-21-2008, 11:30 AM
Yea I went to get my wife a $5 dollar iced coffee from starbucks, believe that ? She wants an iced coffee that costs 5 freakin dollars and the digitherm in my Heep claimed minus 8 degrees.
Anyway my Heep started fine but the vacuum brakes were hissing inside while not depressed. Seemed to hiss less once the cab started warming.
Failed to negotiate a turn properly hit a snow bank (they're froze now) and shattered my $35 chinese certi-fit bumper cover. I was just driving and BOP. :rolf:rolf

I have my multiple layers on and am heading out to clean up some side walks and drive ways.

DSMDuDE
12-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Im at work right now, This morning the Focus's ebrake was frozen, drove a couple miles to see if they would break loose, but they didnt, So turned around, went back home and got another vehicle

Weather.com says -3/Feels like -29

Prince Valiant
I am work and still drunk from the night before. Had to stop to get gas and I only could in $10 because it was so freaking cold.

MarkGreat, on top of being a retard, you're a retard that drives drunk.

Reverend Cooper
Ive been out since 1am, snowblowing and shoveling city walks, as well as plowing driveways.This shit is cold as a mofo.I cant wait to go back out tonight to clean up the damn drifting thats bound to happen :flipoff2:

ahahaha sucks to be you,I am braving it on cod5 today. brrrr its cold inside my house in front of the fireplace.

Mr Twigbert
12-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Nope, I havn't gone out yet.. I am on vacation as of 12 AM..

Heck, I still have on my PJ's.. And I might not even shower today.. I plan on not accomplishing a single thing today.. Nothing! Nada!

Reverend Cooper
12-21-2008, 11:38 AM
I will drink a beer to that^

DSMDuDE
12-21-2008, 11:40 AM
After work im gonna hop on cod5 for a very eventfull evening

lay the whoopin down on coop!

Poncho
12-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Didn't go to work @ 5, but came in @ 7:30. Note to self: buy some gloves on the way home and a better shovel. Toyko drifting in the parking lot at work though

Reverend Cooper
12-21-2008, 11:41 AM
many have tried,but obviously you havent heard im the new mvp on that game

DSMDuDE
12-21-2008, 11:43 AM
many have tried,but obviously you havent heard im the new mvp on that game

Uh huh riiight ;)

and Elvis is still alive right?

CobraSnake
12-21-2008, 11:59 AM
Great, on top of being a retard, you're a retard that drives drunk.
yep and I'll swing past your place on the way home:goof

SmokinRAM114
12-21-2008, 12:07 PM
going out on the sled right now. its pretty cold LOL

DSMDuDE
12-21-2008, 12:09 PM
going out on the sled right now. its pretty cold LOL

I want a sled :(

hotshift13
12-21-2008, 12:12 PM
I gotta go run around in his crap today still, not looking foward to that. So hows COD5? I play COD2 all the time still, DO you guys play on a Pc or a PS3? Pc is way better than any console version, at least with COd4

Beagle
12-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Pretty much everyone has to "brave" the cold. Come on its Wisconsin.......

GRAMPS SS
12-21-2008, 01:11 PM
well i finally got the nerve to go outside to start the queer...it started and is running..when it warms up inside the thing..i'm off to the stores...still have christmas shopping to do...

nitrous
12-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Doesn't seem too bad.

lordairgtar
12-21-2008, 03:18 PM
Started the HHR with the remote and I didn't get out to it in time and it cycled off. Damn thing then wouldn't turn over. All power OK but I had to turn the key like seven times before it finally fired off. Then the SERVICE AIRBAG light is on and the CHECK ENGINE light is on too. Crap!!! That's all I need is a trip to the dealer Monday. After driving it awhile, the light for the airbag went out and eventually the check engine light did too. All the while, I'm suspiciously eying the steering wheel waiting for that bitch to pop in my face. Found a particularly icy spot when I tried to stop at an intersection. The HHR went sideways into the middle of the intersection. Luckily, there are no cars around.

CobraSnake
12-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Started the HHR with the remote and I didn't get out to it in time and it cycled off. Damn thing then wouldn't turn over. All power OK but I had to turn the key like seven times before it finally fired off. Then the SERVICE AIRBAG light is on and the CHECK ENGINE light is on too. Crap!!! That's all I need is a trip to the dealer Monday. After driving it awhile, the light for the airbag went out and eventually the check engine light did too. All the while, I'm suspiciously eying the steering wheel waiting for that bitch to pop in my face. Found a particularly icy spot when I tried to stop at an intersection. The HHR went sideways into the middle of the intersection. Luckily, there are no cars around.
well as long as you have a warranty then you will be alright.

lordairgtar
12-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Got warranty, but dealer pissed because I service it elsewhere for oil and all that. I got a free years worth of oil and lube and rotation at Wisconsin Muffler. Their hinting my warranty will be no good. I got all receipts and records tho.

RanJer
12-21-2008, 03:26 PM
I had a reasonable amount of crap to get done. Cold or not it had to get done. Then I had to snowblow/shovel. Now that it's done, gonna warm-up for a few hours and see what's up tonite. Apparently there's quite a few people that are off until the 5th...

Yeehaw
12-21-2008, 05:16 PM
worked 8:30-4:30 taurus started up and blower motor worked when i punched it so its all cold pretty busy day played the one man show a work but its all good made some cash now ima sit at home and do NOTHING!

Voodoo Chick
12-22-2008, 03:33 AM
This weather sucks. The snow sucks, the ice sucks, the cold sucks. F*** winter.

Silver86
12-22-2008, 04:22 AM
This weather sucks. The snow sucks, the ice sucks, the cold sucks. F*** winter.

+1 :thumbsup

DirtyMax
12-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Got warranty, but dealer pissed because I service it elsewhere for oil and all that. I got a free years worth of oil and lube and rotation at Wisconsin Muffler. Their hinting my warranty will be no good. I got all receipts and records tho.

Google "Magnuson-Moss". Print some stuff off, take it in there and watch their tune change.

97z2801ss
12-22-2008, 11:17 AM
+1 :thumbsup

+2 just got back from taking my kid to school, winter sucks..... ohh well it is wisconsin..... Did I hear 30's are comming? :rolf

jbiscuit
12-22-2008, 11:23 AM
warmer later this week

CarrotTop
12-22-2008, 12:56 PM
warmer later but more snow coming :D

I was outside for good 5 hrs yesterday working. And get to work today again in cold.

lordairgtar
12-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Google "Magnuson-Moss". Print some stuff off, take it in there and watch their tune change.
Thanks, will do.