PDA

View Full Version : Help, Vista Update = MB wired Network Off?

SSmike1
12-20-2008, 06:58 PM
OK
i let Windows Vista, do this Last Update, Wednesday night, 12-17-08.

and thursday night i boot up my computer at 7:30pm, getting ready for Bible study,
and my MB NETWORK Adapter is not ON, or Not recognized, in laymans terms,
the software OS does not have it on.

so i can not connect to my LAN, router, and No Internet.

SO,
i ROLL BACK the OS to 12-16-08, and reboot, and waa-laa,
the Network is Back Up and running.

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?

why?
what to do next?

If i let this Windows Update go through, how do i RESET the MB network Adapter to ON,
so my LAN works?

THANK YOU

super bike mike :goof

Myles
12-20-2008, 11:16 PM
go into bios, make sure its on. uninstall the driver, and reinstall it. if all else fails, stop using the computer cause you are too fuck.ing stupid to use it.

Reverend Cooper
12-20-2008, 11:26 PM
^ what she said.

Cleveland Dave
12-20-2008, 11:27 PM
format your drive and install XP...lol

badass88gt
12-21-2008, 02:52 AM
go into bios, make sure its on. uninstall the driver, and reinstall it. if all else fails, stop using the computer cause you are too fuck.ing stupid to use it.

LOL, how's THAT for help?

Waver
12-21-2008, 03:13 AM
format your drive and install XP...lol

hate to tell you this, unless you are tuning a car, vista is a far beter operating system than xp.......you seem just afraid to try somthing new

Myles
12-21-2008, 04:08 AM
LOL, how's THAT for help?

Thats the best way to give someone advice

GTSLOW
12-21-2008, 12:32 PM
:rolf

brotherbenn83
12-21-2008, 01:02 PM
hate to tell you this, unless you are tuning a car, vista is a far beter operating system than xp.......you seem just afraid to try somthing new

You mean Windows Mojave? I love all the random blue screen crashes that I NEVER had with XP.

Myles
12-21-2008, 01:47 PM
You mean Windows Mojave? I love all the random blue screen crashes that I NEVER had with XP.

Update your computer to something that is supported and it will probably fix that.

Breecher_7
12-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Buy a mac and forget about your problems....

No more PC's for me...

Myles
12-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Buy a mac and forget about your problems....

No more PC's for me...

You know how i know your gay?

You are using a pile of shit platform that hippies and ******* fags use.

Breecher_7
12-21-2008, 02:07 PM
You know how i know your gay?

You are using a pile of shit platform that hippies and ******* fags use.

:rolf yeah, ok then....

My computer doesnt ever fuck up, more then i can say for any pc ive ever owned or used.

Myles
12-21-2008, 02:08 PM
:rolf yeah, ok then....

My computer doesnt ever fuck up, more then i can say for any pc ive ever owned or used.

Most of the time a computer locking up is caused by user error. Food for thought.

Breecher_7
12-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Most of the time a computer locking up is caused by user error. Food for thought.

I would agree normally. But I do feel that the Mac's have alot less bullshit with them and run better regardless of who is operating it.

Not to mention, you dont need antivirus software really....

Myles
12-21-2008, 02:40 PM
I would agree normally. But I do feel that the Mac's have alot less bullshit with them and run better regardless of who is operating it.

Not to mention, you dont need antivirus software really....

You do realize that all kinds of spamware and viruses have been made for macs and are assaulting them hardcore cause of that mentality?

And of course there is alot less bullshit on them, no one makes shit for them.

Breecher_7
12-21-2008, 03:02 PM
You do realize that all kinds of spamware and viruses have been made for macs and are assaulting them hardcore cause of that mentality?

And of course there is alot less bullshit on them, no one makes shit for them.

Ill stick with them... regardless.

GTSLOW
12-21-2008, 03:18 PM
Myles is such an angry person inside.

badass88gt
12-21-2008, 04:56 PM
He has entertainment value when lashing out at others, and for that I respect him. Maybe its cuz I myself have anger issues, we can appreciate others that are like us? lol

Myles
12-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Ill stick with them... regardless.

Thats fine, people who arent intelligent and have no worth in society should use it.

Myles is such an angry person inside.

If people werent so fuc.king retarded it wouldnt be in issue.

He has entertainment value when lashing out at others, and for that I respect him. Maybe its cuz I myself have anger issues, we can appreciate others that are like us? lol

I do try to make sure everyone is entertained.

Breecher_7
12-21-2008, 05:03 PM
:rolf This coming from you... :stare Back to the nosebleeds with you Myles, have fun with the rest of the people that are angry with life. :thumbsup

Anytime you want to compare brainpans let me know... We can discuss things that actually get you paid and let you succeed in life. :thumbsup

Myles
12-21-2008, 05:05 PM
:rolf This coming from you... :stare Back to the nosebleeds with you Myles, have fun with the rest of the people that are angry with life. :thumbsup

Who said i was angry with life? Who said i was angry at all? And you using a mac proves your intelligence is sub par.

Anytime you want to compare brainpans let me know... We can discuss things that actually get you paid and let you succeed in life. :thumbsup

I am pretty sure you know absolutely nothing about what i do to get paid. Considering you have little knowledge in the computer field cause you are using a mac. So considering im making good cash at this, thus succeeding in my life. I will pretty much win that debate.

Breecher_7
12-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Who said i was angry with life? Who said i was angry at all? And you using a mac proves your intelligence is sub par.

How do you figure? Seriously? IMO they are by far supperior. Especially for graphic design, 3d imaging, and animation purposes.

Myles
12-21-2008, 05:12 PM
How do you figure? Seriously? IMO they are by far supperior. Especially for graphic design, 3d imaging, and animation purposes.

See this is why you lack intelligence.

1. I am a computer guy who is very opinionated no matter if i am wrong or right. I love to debate about it and you are allowing me to do so. This is mainly a long accuring war between 2 platforms that is absolutely pointless but fought everyday.

2. The graphic design debate is now moot. Apple was ahead in this field primarily cause they were the first in comming out with a color display. Now its mainly becomming a personal preference. I do all my video editing on my PC, tried it on a mac, saw no advantage.

Myles
12-21-2008, 05:15 PM
ALSO i would like to add that Mac fails HARD on the practical BUSINESS use cause of lack of supoprt by software companies that make business related software. No one likes to code for Mac, the filesystem is garbage, i dont understand how jobs fucked up unix that bad.

GTSLOW
12-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Macs are ****** expensive :wooo

Myles
12-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Macs are ****** expensive :wooo

yes they are, expensive paper weights.

Breecher_7
12-21-2008, 07:24 PM
yes they are, expensive paper weights.

:rolf Good thing your oppinion means nothing to me..... But for those of us that are not in denial and live in reality, they are better and more reliable. :thumbsup

Myles
12-21-2008, 07:31 PM
:rolf Good thing your oppinion means nothing to me..... But for those of us that are not in denial and live in reality, they are better and more reliable. :thumbsup

Ok, give me a reason why they are better. The reliability is severly up to debate since this box of mine never has blue screened on me. And i have had experience with all types of operating systems lock the fuck up on me.

I am expecting legitimate reasons. Tho this is going to be hard since you seriously have no idea what you are getting into. Oh, and please, dont go to sites and get other peoples reasons. I want to hear your practical explination on why i should use a mac.

I work in IT, i game on the side, i code in several different programming languages, and i do video editing. Please give me a solution that would best suit my needs.

Granted this is a very specific case, but to me a OS is only good if its versatile and able to do a multitude of things.

Myles
12-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Oh and if you dont respond to this or decide that its not worth your time, im going to assume that you have no fuc.king clue what you are talking about, cause you dont.

michelle
12-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Oh this isn't going to be pretty...

Breecher_7
12-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Oh and if you dont respond to this or decide that its not worth your time, im going to assume that you have no fuc.king clue what you are talking about, cause you dont.

Myles, I will not sit here and act like I know more about computers then you do, because I dont. What I do know is that I have alot less issuse and agravation since I have switched to MAC computers.

I have had NOTHING but problems with multiple very expensive PC's in the past. They freeze up, the crash, they get viruses like crazy and there just downright slow for what I use them for. I have had nothing but good luck with macs so far. No freezing, no crashing, no viruses, nothing but good clean operation.

Thats all I have to say about it. I will never buy another PC again, atleast untill they prove they wont have the same bullshit problems. You will find alot less complaints about Leopard then you will about Vista. Plain and simple.

Waver
12-21-2008, 07:43 PM

since when? I got one of the first vista computers out there and have had no problems with it....hell for the first year that I had it I didnt even have an anti virus on it (yeah foolish of me) however I never got a virus on the computer. It has never crashed on me, never locked up on me, never done any thing for me to question the reliability of it. I have the first service pack installed on my computer and I still have had no problems.....Those who had the problems with it were the ones who thought that the bargan basement version of it would work on their crappy 256 computer......

Only thing that I want to do is add more memory to my computer.....I like the speed of my desktop (3gig) VS the speed of my laptop (1g)

Breecher_7
12-21-2008, 07:45 PM

Oh and your not worth my time but unfortunatly im like you, I dont know when to shut the fuck up.... :alcoholic

Myles
12-21-2008, 07:46 PM
Myles, I will not sit here and act like I know more about computers then you do, because I dont. What I do know is that I have alot less issuse and agravation since I have switched to MAC computers.

I have had NOTHING but problems with multiple very expensive PC's in the past. They freeze up, the crash, they get viruses like crazy and there just downright slow for what I use them for. I have had nothing but good luck with macs so far. No freezing, no crashing, no viruses, nothing but good clean operation.

Thats all I have to say about it. I will never buy another PC again, atleast untill they prove they wont have the same bullshit problems. You will find alot less complaints about Leopard then you will about Vista. Plain and simple.

Here is where your stupidity rings through. Expensive PCs dont mean SHIT unless its setup right hardware and OS wise. I dont have viruses, wanna know why? cause im not A ******* IDIOT. My shit doesnt crash, wanna know why? IM NOT A ******* IDIOT. Oh no, something just locked up, kill the process. Done. Guess what you have to do on a mac when something like that happens, and it will. YOU DO THE SAME THING.

People complain about vista cause they are trying to use it on a computer that barely ran XP.

So here you are backing down cause you all of a sudden realize that oh wow, i know jack ******* shit and i dug a hole talking shit. Looks like you are acting like Beagle was for awhile.

Breecher_7
12-21-2008, 07:47 PM
since when? I got one of the first vista computers out there and have had no problems with it....hell for the first year that I had it I didnt even have an anti virus on it (yeah foolish of me) however I never got a virus on the computer. It has never crashed on me, never locked up on me, never done any thing for me to question the reliability of it. I have the first service pack installed on my computer and I still have had no problems.....Those who had the problems with it were the ones who thought that the bargan basement version of it would work on their crappy 256 computer......

Only thing that I want to do is add more memory to my computer.....I like the speed of my desktop (3gig) VS the speed of my laptop (1g)

Run a program on it that puts a beating on it such as solidworks. Somthing that does 3d rendering and animation for engineering purposes. Then run it on a Mac, you see very quickly the difference....

Myles
12-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Fine, can you seriously do something then? Give me your mac specs. Give me what edition of solidworks you are running, or any other rendering program. I will meet you on this, and i will go through this.

Are you running 64 or 32, is the program optimized for intel or amd, if its mac specific what the is windows or linux equiv.

Cleveland Dave
12-21-2008, 07:51 PM
hmmm the company i work for all run solidworks on PC's just fine.

Breecher_7
12-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Here is where your stupidity rings through. Expensive PCs dont mean SHIT unless its setup right hardware and OS wise. I dont have viruses, wanna know why? cause im not A ******* IDIOT. My shit doesnt crash, wanna know why? IM NOT A ******* IDIOT. Oh no, something just locked up, kill the process. Done. Guess what you have to do on a mac when something like that happens, and it will. YOU DO THE SAME THING.

People complain about vista cause they are trying to use it on a computer that barely ran XP.

So here you are backing down cause you all of a sudden realize that oh wow, i know jack ******* shit and i dug a hole talking shit. Looks like you are acting like Beagle was for awhile.

How bout fuck you Myles? Im not backing down, i just know when to admit that I dont know enough about the technical aspect of the situation to sit here and argue with you about it. I know that I have had better luck with them, I know they dont give me issues, I know that I like them and will continue to say good things about them. IF you dont like them, fine, whatever, who ******* cares.

You just dont know when to shut the fuck up. More so then myself. :alcoholic

Im done with this, my oppinion stands though, Macs are better. But I guess because I dont have a technical reason why, im wrong.. :wooo

Myles
12-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Fine, can you seriously do something then? Give me your mac specs. Give me what edition of solidworks you are running, or any other rendering program. I will meet you on this, and i will go through this.

Are you running 64 or 32, is the program optimized for intel or amd, if its mac specific what the is windows or linux equiv.

Waver
12-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Run a program on it that puts a beating on it such as solidworks. Somthing that does 3d rendering and animation for engineering purposes. Then run it on a Mac, you see very quickly the difference....

now why would I even care to do that on my home computer....I could give two shits about that kind of shit, becUSE i HAVE NO USE FOR IT!! WHY SPEND THE MONEY?

Breecher_7
12-21-2008, 07:57 PM
now why would I even care to do that on my home computer....I could give two shits about that kind of shit, becUSE i HAVE NO USE FOR IT!! WHY SPEND THE MONEY?

You have no reason to.

Breecher_7
12-21-2008, 07:59 PM
And im not arguing with you anymore myles... Its pointless. Your biased towards PC's... End of story.

michelle
12-21-2008, 07:59 PM
hmmm the company i work for all run solidworks on PC's just fine.

x2. I've run Solidworks, Autocad, etc. on PC's for years and haven't had any problems.

I think having a PC versus Mac debate is like having a political debate though. You aren't going to change a person's opinion and people get too heated about it.

Myles
12-21-2008, 08:00 PM
come on breecher, give me the specs. I will build a ******* machine that is equic to yours, i will put vista on it, i will benchmark it, i will destroy it, i will run the most processor intesive shit on it that your mac would shit itself if it even THOUGHT about running it.

Dont be a bitch like you always do.

Josepy
12-21-2008, 08:00 PM
And im not arguing with you anymore myles... Its pointless. Your biased towards PC's... End of story.

Your not biased towards macs??? Hmmm

Breecher_7
12-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Your not biased towards macs??? Hmmm

Ive used both, ive owned more PC's then mac's. I wouldnt call it biased, id call it an oppinion based on experience.

Breecher_7
12-21-2008, 08:02 PM
come on breecher, give me the specs. I will build a ******* machine that is equic to yours, i will put vista on it, i will benchmark it, i will destroy it, i will run the most processor intesive shit on it that your mac would shit itself if it even THOUGHT about running it.

Dont be a bitch like you always do.

Done with it myles, go taunt someone that cares. Michelle said it perfectly..

Josepy
12-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Myles has the same opinion he has had both and so have I.

You must of bought your mac because of the PC Vs. Mac commercials.

Myles
12-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Done with it myles, go taunt someone that cares. Michelle said it perfectly..

You obviously care cause you stayed in this thread. You could have backed out and left right away but you didnt. You are in this for the long haul bitch. Dont go ahead and prove AGAIN that you are nothing but a tool.

Breecher_7
12-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Myles has the same opinion he has had both and so have I.

You must of bought your mac because of the PC Vs. Mac commercials.

I actually bought my mac because we got a couple new ones at work in the machine shop and I really liked how simple they were and how they never fucked up. The PC's were nothing but problems.

Breecher_7
12-21-2008, 08:06 PM
You obviously care cause you stayed in this thread. You could have backed out and left right away but you didnt. You are in this for the long haul bitch. Dont go ahead and prove AGAIN that you are nothing but a tool.

:rolf Keep talkin.......

Josepy
12-21-2008, 08:07 PM
I actually bought my mac because we got a couple new ones at work in the machine shop and I really liked how simple they were and how they never fucked up. The PC's were nothing but problems.

The people that have fucked up pc's are the retards that ruined them.

When I go to the apple store to get peoples Iphones fixed the counter is full of jacked up Mac's

Breecher_7
12-21-2008, 08:09 PM
The people that have fucked up pc's are the retards that ruined them.

When I go to the apple store to get peoples Iphones fixed the counter is full of jacked up Mac's

So are you joining the lynch mob to? Want me to tie the rope for ya? I like mac's, they work well for me. Your not required to share my oppinion.

Myles
12-21-2008, 08:12 PM
oh damn, this was back when a mac was actually a mac before they are actually PCs (btw you have been debating mac OS vs windows OS, macs use intel now and thus are considered a PC now)

http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/2002/11_nov/reviews/cw_macvspciii2.htm

Recap, even a slows ass comp that ran 512 megs of ram performed better than a mac, on a mac based program.

same thing here

http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/2002/07_jul/features/cw_macvspc2.htm

Josepy
12-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Not a lynch mob. I am just sharing my experiences also.

I do not lynch so a rope would not be needed.

Waver
12-21-2008, 08:13 PM
You have no reason to.

so why did you suggest it?

Breecher_7
12-21-2008, 08:17 PM
so why did you suggest it?

Because the thread was about vista not working properly... Simply stating I have not had issues with leopard and ive heard nothing but complaints from people about vista.

Crawlin
12-21-2008, 08:19 PM
http://blog.wired.com/photos/uncategorized/holidaymac.jpg

Myles
12-21-2008, 08:21 PM
JixbzFjv_cU

Crawlin
12-21-2008, 08:22 PM
HOLY FUCK MYLES!!!! hahahahah

Waver
12-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Because the thread was about vista not working properly... Simply stating I have not had issues with leopard and ive heard nothing but complaints from people about vista.

And I could tell you stories that I have heard from my former customers when I sold both about how much they loved vista after I told them to upgrade their computers and go get the vista home premium.......Listen to myles, he knows his shit, you dont seem to know too much about what you are talking about.

Myles
12-21-2008, 08:24 PM
1. If everything on a Mac just works, then why does a website called "Mac fix it" exist, assholes? Here are a few choice topics on macfixitforums.com:

-Login window stuck!
-lower caSe "S" key not working!!
-Menu bar keeps flashing
-I can't drag and drop!

Waaaah, boo hoo! I can't drag and drop! Dumbass. Looks like your Macs aren't perfect after all, which leads me to my second point:

2. Fuck you.

I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on. Hell, most Mac users can't even talk without using their hands, which ranks their intelligence somewhere between a simian and hog shit

Josepy
12-21-2008, 08:25 PM
JixbzFjv_cU

holy shit i spit out my limon and coke watching that.

Myles
12-21-2008, 08:27 PM
The joys of maddox

Crawlin
12-21-2008, 08:29 PM
josepy, watch the "networking" one, hahahah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8lW8ndh5BU

Breecher_7
12-21-2008, 08:30 PM
And I could tell you stories that I have heard from my former customers when I sold both about how much they loved vista after I told them to upgrade their computers and go get the vista home premium.......Listen to myles, he knows his shit, you dont seem to know too much about what you are talking about.

You dont seem to know much about anything but you still run your cock holster like theres no tomarrow...

I know what works well for what I do... Nothing you or myles say is going to change that. PC's have had there chance, im done with them. If you think im wasting my money, then good for you, get a good laugh at my expense.. I really dont care, not sure how much more clear that could be.

Josepy
12-21-2008, 08:31 PM
bwwwahhhhhh

GRAMPS SS
12-21-2008, 08:35 PM
cock holster ......now thats's funny chit there...but myles your you tube cracked me up...

Myles
12-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Thats the point of it all.

Myles
12-21-2008, 08:44 PM
MVwbhsqEyNI

Waver
12-21-2008, 08:52 PM
You dont seem to know much about anything but you still run your cock holster like theres no tomarrow...

I know what works well for what I do... Nothing you or myles say is going to change that. PC's have had there chance, im done with them. If you think im wasting my money, then good for you, get a good laugh at my expense.. I really dont care, not sure how much more clear that could be.

Woah, how long did it take you to come up with that one? You obviously do care considering as how you keep on bantering back and forth with myles and everyone else, proving how little you really know....I wouldnt say that I know a whole lot about them, my knowledge pails compaired to Myles and Cryptic....However I do know a bit about the suposed "problems" with vista....

SSmike1
12-21-2008, 08:56 PM
ROFLOL

ha ha ha
that was too funny.

Mac's are for Simple Users.

I can buy 3 or 4 times as many Vista PC's
for the price of one mac.

JixbzFjv_cU

GRAMPS SS
12-21-2008, 09:00 PM
:popcorn

Waver
12-21-2008, 09:01 PM
ROFLOL

ha ha ha
that was too funny.

Mac's are for Simple Users.

I can buy 3 or 4 times as many Vista PC's
for the price of one mac.

that is just it, why spend 3k fior some junk when you can get somthing good for 1/3rd the price

Myles
12-21-2008, 09:07 PM
In all seriousness mike, if you really need help, PM me with some specifics like motherboard and such, or if you have aim you can message me

GTSLOW
12-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Macs are ******* expensive!

Myles
12-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Macs are ******* expensive!

:rolf:rolf:rolf

GTSLOW
12-21-2008, 09:16 PM
:goof

deuceWI
12-21-2008, 09:18 PM
OK
i let Windows Vista, do this Last Update, Wednesday night, 12-17-08.

and thursday night i boot up my computer at 7:30pm, getting ready for Bible study,
and my MB NETWORK Adapter is not ON, or Not recognized, in laymans terms,
the software OS does not have it on.

so i can not connect to my LAN, router, and No Internet.

SO,
i ROLL BACK the OS to 12-16-08, and reboot, and waa-laa,
the Network is Back Up and running.

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?

why?
what to do next?

If i let this Windows Update go through, how do i RESET the MB network Adapter to ON,
so my LAN works?

THANK YOU

super bike mike :goof

What the hell happened to this thread???

You may just need to go into device manager and roll-back the driver to a previous version.

I have yet to see a driver deployed by windows update work properly. If your drivers work, leave them alone. If they need updates, go to the hardware manufacturer.

Is your junk working again?

SSmike1
12-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Ya, my thread got Hi-Jacked! :)
YES, i rolled back the OS to just before the update, and all is working.
BUT
now Vista wants to Upgrade again.

THANKS for the help, and getting this thread back on Track!
ROFLOL
:)

Goat Roper
12-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Without going through 5 pages have we tried simply reloading the driver for the ethernet connection yet?

BAD LS1
12-22-2008, 02:43 PM
i do have to say Myles reminds me of jeremy piven in a scene from entourage with some of the come back he has. FWIW i switched from a XP laptop to a Vista laptop for my tuning computer and aside from one driver issue it has worked great for me. Granted i dont know **** about PC's other than how to turn it on and use HPT haha

Myles
12-22-2008, 03:00 PM
i do have to say Myles reminds me of jeremy piven in a scene from entourage with some of the come back he has. FWIW i switched from a XP laptop to a Vista laptop for my tuning computer and aside from one driver issue it has worked great for me. Granted i dont know **** about PC's other than how to turn it on and use HPT haha

So HP tuners works good in vista? thats awesome to hear. I wont have to be keeping my laptop xp then.

And link me the scene.

BAD LS1
12-22-2008, 03:59 PM
oh christ... where do i start!

Good one... starts a little slow but then the "myles" comes out:goof

8E1l8TrDfpY

And cant forget Myles speaking of ladyLS1's ass... bahahahahhaha

ndnDsJPvPSY

And if you have 10 min to spare, tons of good ones in here:

TGTJSorTQvw

Myles
12-22-2008, 04:01 PM
oh come on, fix your shit. just put the 8E1l8TrDfpY part in the tags

Myles
12-22-2008, 04:09 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH wow... i should watch that show..

Ricky Bobby
12-22-2008, 08:02 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH wow... i should watch that show..

wow is there cameras in ur house cause that has u spot on lol the first one is good lol :rolf