PDA

View Full Version : West Allis Man charged with Disorderly for open carry in his yard.

ND4SPD
12-20-2008, 01:27 PM
http://www.bootsandsabers.com/index.php/weblog/permalink/open_carry_in_court/

Cliff's:

Guy is out planting trees in his yard. He has a pistol in a holster. His neighbor calls the police and complains. The police show up, confiscate his gun, don't know what to charge him with so they call back to their supervisor who tells them to slap him with disorderly conduct.

I would have expected this in Madison... but I was surprised to hear a local Talk Radio host say that when she spoke with the Madison PD about this situation they told her it was perfectly alright to openly carry while she walked her dog in one of Madison's ickier neighborhoods. Apparently we have the right to bear arms... but we're going to be harassed for doing so.

Rocket Power
12-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Guy must have asshole neighbors, I clean my rifles outside and no one complains. One neighbor has even come of to ask about them. I'd fight it.

shoooo32
12-20-2008, 04:58 PM
Why pack heat while gardening? Why piss off your gun toting neighbor? Why are west allis cops a bunch of assholes? I need answers.

PonyKiller87
12-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Ive asked cops about this before, If you carry a gun is plain sight its not technicaly a concealed weapon so its not illegal, but there is a host of things they can charge you for, dis orderly conduct, brandishin a weapon..... its gay.

ND4SPD
12-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Well, it sounds like he's a rental property owner... so he was probably planting trees at one of his rental properties which is probably in an icky part of 'Allis. If I had to maintain properties in some areas of the Milwaukee Metro area I'd carry a gun too. And he is fighting it. The next part of the trial is Feb 17th I think.

moels
12-20-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm really tempted to walk my dog one day with one of my pistols strapped on. It"s pretty clear that the laws state that you can open carry except inside certain buildings. If I was stopped and ticketed for anything while walking my dog, I would make an issue out of it in court and the local media just for shits and giggles.

Reverend Cooper
12-20-2008, 07:51 PM
with a lawyer he will get out of it

moels
12-20-2008, 08:00 PM
with a lawyer he will get out of it

Exactly!

SlowStee
12-20-2008, 08:13 PM
I'm gonna start carrying my .45 out with me every time I go outside now ! :headbang

pOrk
12-20-2008, 08:30 PM
I thought you couldn't carry in Milwaukee County?

Rocket Power
12-20-2008, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't do it in the city of Milwaukee

fivonut
12-20-2008, 10:57 PM
I'm really tempted to walk my dog one day with one of my pistols strapped on. It"s pretty clear that the laws state that you can open carry except inside certain buildings. If I was stopped and ticketed for anything while walking my dog, I would make an issue out of it in court and the local media just for shits and giggles.

This could get interesting. Wisconsin supreme court has already established our right to protect ourselves, but the legislature has yet to keep up. Technically, it's legal to open carry in WI but like this guy found out you'll get harassed. The Legislature was told to do something about it or the Supreme court would. All it's going to take is a case like this to go all the way and we will have un-legislated concealed carry like Vermont does. Then anybody with a half a mind will be walking around packing...

That_Guy
12-20-2008, 11:27 PM
This could get interesting. Wisconsin supreme court has already established our right to protect ourselves, but the legislature has yet to keep up. Technically, it's legal to open carry in WI but like this guy found out you'll get harassed. The Legislature was told to do something about it or the Supreme court would. All it's going to take is a case like this to go all the way and we will have un-legislated concealed carry like Vermont does. Then anybody with a half a mind will be walking around packing...

true... but ill be carrying...

Reverend Cooper
12-20-2008, 11:27 PM
I will be packing like a mofo if that happens,i wil have a gun for each day of the week.