PDA

View Full Version : Labonte to EGR

97z2801ss
12-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Bobby Labonte will drive the #41 Target Chevrolet for Earnhardt-Ganassi Racing in 2009, joining Martin Truex, Jr., Juan Pablo Montoya and Aric Almirola as part of a newly merged, four-car team. Labonte has not commented since announcing his split from Petty Enterprises last week, and the new Earnhardt-Ganassi operation remains in a virtual media lockdown. However, multiple sources close to the situation tell Sirius Speedway that a deal to put Labonte in the #41 is signed, sealed and delivered, after receiving the approval of sponsor Target. Work has already begun on the necessary promotional infrastructure -- photo shoots, marketing campaigns, ancillary programs, etc. -- for the coming season.(Sirius Speedway/Motorsports Soapbox)(12-17-2008)

RanJer
12-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Glad to see he got a ride. To me he's always been one of those drivers that even if you don't cheer for him, it's still cool to see him win.

nismodave
12-18-2008, 03:56 PM
I hop he finds more success there.

DirtyMax
12-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Glad to see he got a ride. To me he's always been one of those drivers that even if you don't cheer for him, it's still cool to see him win.

Second only to Kenny Schraeder. One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.