PDA

View Full Version : Any guys training in mma?

That_Guy
12-18-2008, 12:33 PM
WHERE are you training at..

here is the deal i studied tae kwan do and hapkito and recieved a 1st degree black belt in tae kwan do and a red belt in hapkito. then when i turned 14 i fell out of love with both and stopped training all together. im now 20 and out of shape :rolf 5'11" 240 lbs. "not horriable." lately ive been training at home in the basement on the bag and lifting weights like crazy trying to get down to 200 lbs. its not like i have drive issues but it sucks working out alone... and lets face it you can practice all you want but if your practicing crap thats exactly what your going to get. so im looking for a place that well help me work on submissions, and my form.. im not afraid to bleed or be brused.:D possible help with refreshing my hapkito some..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4liH6YF1vA&feature=related

SlowStee
12-18-2008, 12:49 PM
The best Gyms in the Milwaukee area are Duke Roufus, Waukesha MMA, and Neutral Ground. Check them out.

That_Guy
12-18-2008, 11:07 PM
The best Gyms in the Milwaukee area are Duke Roufus, Waukesha MMA, and Neutral Ground. Check them out.

ill have to look into it

subliminal1284
12-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Never cared for Mixed Martial Arts. I always chose one and stuck with it. "Practices many master of none"

Lash
12-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Not really MMA... but I took a lot of Taekwondo and Judo when I was younger. A family with 2 young kids and a busy job doesn't really leave me time to do it again.

Duke Roufus FTW.
I work with a guy who's a Muay Thai black belt through Duke.

SlowStee
12-19-2008, 04:04 PM
"Practices many master of none"

=

a well rounded fighter.

Beagle
12-19-2008, 05:48 PM
A guy I went to school with is going pro or went pro in WEC....

Lash
12-19-2008, 06:35 PM
A guy I went to school with is going pro or went pro in WEC....

Who?

Beagle
12-19-2008, 06:38 PM
His name is Brent. I think he was going to go pro or was cant remember but he got into an accident on his bike and screwed his knee up so he's about to start training again he was doing rehab for 5 months.

Sprayaway Fox
12-20-2008, 02:32 AM
I am going to Boston in March with a friend who knows a guy named Damion who i have also spoken to (who is coming up in the ranks)who trains with this guy in video. Im going out on the town with them. If you have any random questions how to get into it the sport let me know. I never physically met them yet (he calls my bud every weekend) but could ask them when im out with them.
My bud showed me the Vid and Ive seen Damion in pics with this guy so I know its legit.

KIMBO GETTING FUGGED UP BARE KNUCKLE
STRAIGHT 10 MIN. FIGHT
Dudes face looked bad but Damion said his trainers face healed pretty fast LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKb1jeg-fgI

I dont get into it much but willing to help get some answers for ya : )

Sprayaway Fox
12-20-2008, 03:20 AM
Oh and sorry for thinkin Kimbo was alrite.:chair:

Damion said that his "body gaurds" and him have a attitude and came in there gym with some dough and talked sheet thats why it fight happened.
Hence the breifcase in the overcoat guys hand.

T-Bag
12-20-2008, 12:31 PM
The guy that beat Kimbo in the video (Sean Gannon) is a tool and got his ass handed to him in his one fight with the UFC. Then bye bye he went.

Yooformula
12-20-2008, 12:38 PM
muay thai is where it is at imo! I really dont see taekwondo working in any real world situation which is why I stopped. I would rather be well rounded or at least have strong stand up skills but muay thai really covers alot of strong bases. Ditto on Duke Roufus though his initial clsses which were free WILL beat your as$!!!

Sprayaway Fox
12-20-2008, 04:04 PM
The guy that beat Kimbo in the video (Sean Gannon) is a tool and got his ass handed to him in his one fight with the UFC. Then bye bye he went.

Post up your straight 10 min. bare knuckle fight with Kimbo. When YOU finally make it to the UFC you can show me on TV how tuff you are.:rolleyes:

Anywayz if he seriously is thinking bout doing something like this, I can ask them, Im sure they would let me know how things work.:thumbsup

94greenbandit
12-21-2008, 04:37 PM
I think Eric "red" Schaefer who fights in the UFC trains with the Duke Roufus Gym

SlowStee
12-22-2008, 02:01 AM
I think Eric "red" Schaefer who fights in the UFC trains with the Duke Roufus Gym

He is their Jiu Jitsu coach basically. Roufus has a few guys in the UFC.

94greenbandit
12-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Wasn't sure who else was in the UFC from there