PDA

View Full Version : frozen starter?

PB86MCSS
01-28-2004, 12:01 PM
Well last night I thought it would be fun(and it was!) to go hunting for huge snow piles like I sometimes do, now that we have snow. I simply plow the Cavalier through as big of a pile as I can find that I know is *safe* to go through. :rock

The Target in New Berlin had a real doozy that was taller than the Cav...:D. Anyway...

This morning the car would not start. Just a click....ok starter dead? Seemed peculiar. I dumped a bucket of water on top of it....yea maybe not the best idea but it can't hurt a dead starter any more can it? Well it turned over slowly, died...then started up fine. Viola. There wasnt much snow near the starter...and hopefully when I get back to her she starts up fine

I think my days of hunting for snow piles to plow through, might be done...at least until its above freezing ;). Lesson learned, assuming I don't get too tempted again. If anyone else does this sort of activity, beware :wstupid .

Prince Valiant
01-28-2004, 12:31 PM
BAH...I'll still plow through any I see....

lotsals1
01-28-2004, 04:34 PM
Lmao I'm still amazed they ever started from the factory:rolleyes:

Knyghtmare
01-28-2004, 07:16 PM
ROFL that avatar is funny ****. When I first saw that movie I never laughed so hard in my life at that face, I had to rewind and pause on it... lmao...

Cryptic
01-28-2004, 07:53 PM
I drove through some flash flooding once in my F-150. The next day my starter wouldn't engage.. it would just spin freely.

so I crawled under the truck with a hammer and gave it a good ring. That fixed it good :D

PB86MCSS
01-29-2004, 01:00 AM
Well I tested it tonight again, and its having the starter click issues...car does start but sometimes takes a few key turns. Sounds like my LS a couple years ago when I assumed the starter was going out and replaced it....I'll try to clean the contacts tommorow real good first.

As for my avatar, yea I found it a little while back :). The movie spooks the crap out of me, guess seeing it in a theatre for the first time helped. One of the better suspense/scary movies, IMO.