PDA

View Full Version : Cricket Wireless = Junk

03CVLX
12-17-2008, 05:45 AM
Ok, Ive gotta say that Cricket Wireless has to be one of the worst wireless phone networks ever. These things have popped up like wildfire over the past few weeks and you just cant hear the people on the phone. The voices are garbled or you just hear every third word. Its no good when your calling 911 in a life or death emergency and I as the 911 operator has to ask you your address 8 fricking times because we only get every other word. :mad:

Im stickin with Verizon.

Cryptic
12-17-2008, 06:24 AM
who ever heard of "Cricket Wireless" anyway

Myles
12-17-2008, 06:32 AM
nothing about them would make me want to get them. something that cheap will only get you a garbage service.

jbiscuit
12-17-2008, 07:41 AM
they should be gone in a year or so....I'm surprised Alltel has stuck it out this long with their stupid commercials

03CVLX
12-17-2008, 07:47 AM
Last I heard Alltel was being bought by Verizon. Not sure when that will take effect though.

UnderPSI
12-17-2008, 08:53 AM
We are staring to put up a lot of towers for cricket. We just energized a bunch this year too.

shoooo32
12-17-2008, 09:15 AM
I knew it was too good to be true. The prices they advertise are so cheap. Now I know why.

Mr Twigbert
12-17-2008, 09:20 AM
I knew it was too good to be true. The prices they advertise are so cheap. Now I know why.

And you only get a signal in the city.. Once you hit as far out as Menomonee Falls it looks like you don't have coverage..

You get what you pay for..

GTSLOW
12-17-2008, 09:31 AM
Im stickin with Verizon.

Good choice. VZW is the best period, soon they'll have the best fiber optic internet too!!!

UnderPSI
12-17-2008, 09:36 AM
I work for WE energies, one of the projects I am on is putting Cell antennas up through our towers. They will rent space on our transmission towers for their antennas. Now seeing what equipment each company uses ie. Antennas, cables, connectors ect. is the reason I went with Verizon they use only the best. Cricket is an up and comer. The jumped the gun with rolling out their phones. They are putting up a lot of towers now but it will take a long time to catch up.

DirtyMax
12-17-2008, 09:38 AM
PrimeCo (later purchased by Verizon) had the same problems when they launched here in the mid 90's. Get off the freeway meant lose your signal.

Suncom (later absorbed by AT&T) and Sprint/Nextel (they eventually merged to make two shitty networks into one acceptable one) all had these same problems when they first launched in this market.

What the hell do you expect for $25 a month unlimited or whtever their launch gimmick is?!?!

They're trying to get a revenue flow so they can expand their network.

BoosTT
12-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Cricket Wireless uses several other cellular providers towers; however, Cricket is always the lowest priority and thus many dropped or busy calls.

MoCkiN U
12-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Last I heard Alltel was being bought by Verizon. Not sure when that will take effect though.

Has reached all the way thru all fcc and gov approval. They arent telling us much more than that internally other than "negotiations continue" so I have nothing more in details than that

GRAMPS SS
12-17-2008, 07:56 PM
i was in the inner city going to bay view the other day...i seen cricket stores every other block.some blocks have 2...seems to be like subway..everywhere you look there is one..till you get out of the inner city.....i saw one on like...80th and brown deer rd...the old payless shoe store..that's the last one i seen that far north....didn't see any in the falls or G-Town...

subliminal1284
12-17-2008, 08:31 PM
There are alot of the stores popping up in Ghetto areas, Ghetto Folk will be all over this. Theyre popping up like Payday advance places. I had a similar service in Florida, $45 a month for unlimited everything It was called Metro PCS and it actually worked pretty decent as long as you were in one of the covered areas.

UnderPSI
12-17-2008, 09:29 PM
We energized one on the new water tower at WCTC last month. You should have good coverage there. :thumbsup

MoCkiN U
12-17-2008, 11:01 PM
I went into one to shop them to see what kind of deal it was. I wasnt impressed I got "Dude, we are out of phones. come back later" as a greeting. Laughed at them and walked around a bit to look then bailed

wrath
12-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Yeah, they've had Metro PCS in a lot of places for a long time. The Detroit metro area is twice the people as Milwaukee metro. And Chicago metro has twice the people as Detroit metro.

On another note, is it just me or does it seem like there is a bunch of people on here that work for the utilities?

hotshift13
12-18-2008, 10:17 PM
My friend just moved back here from colorado, and he had cricket there and he said it pretty good. We will probably just have to wait a little while and see how they pan out. Yeah you go to the hood and you see bright green building every where now, poppin' up like starbucks when they came to town.