PDA

View Full Version : Gas on the rise

lordairgtar
12-16-2008, 11:18 PM
I see the gas prices are going back up...but only around here. The news says "it's for no apparent reason. Price gouging anyone?:flipoff2:

Smokey1226
12-16-2008, 11:21 PM
The company we have deliver for us called my pops and said "its going up big" :(

That_Guy
12-16-2008, 11:22 PM
The company we have deliver for us called my pops and said "its going up big" :(

thank you opec

OxmanWI
12-16-2008, 11:23 PM
gay

VroomPshhTsi
12-16-2008, 11:24 PM
they'll raise it when they want to

Flicktitty
12-16-2008, 11:28 PM

Why?

Smokey1226
12-16-2008, 11:29 PM
thank you opec
exactly, after watching CNBC and they had the camera guy waiting outside the door of the OPEC meeting and all of the "MiddleEastern" guys (so i dont piss anyone off) coming out just pissed off and throwing their hands up in the air.....i knew we were about to get fawked.

That_Guy
12-16-2008, 11:30 PM
they'll raise it when they want to

because they can. see if we drilled for are own oil we could controll this to a certain extent.. but no... the libs want to fuck American business alot like the uaw. we where looking at what we spent in gas for are work trucks and lets just say it was over 100,000 dollars for 4 trucks.. :durr

Prince Valiant
12-16-2008, 11:30 PM
I see the gas prices are going back up...but only around here. The news says "it's for no apparent reason. Price gouging anyone?:flipoff2:
Yes. It's price gouging. Let's only buy our oil from 2 different stations. That will show them.

That_Guy
12-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Why?

because they can...

GRAMPS SS
12-16-2008, 11:32 PM
thought we were starting to get our crude from canada...they found the mother load i heard on the news.....and we didn't need the the others ....

lordairgtar
12-16-2008, 11:44 PM
This has nothing to do with OPEC. It's unique to the midwest. Price gouging by our local distributors.

That_Guy
12-16-2008, 11:56 PM
This has nothing to do with OPEC. It's unique to the midwest. Price gouging by our local distributors.

im assuming it because we are fully switched into are winter blended gas?

88Nightmare
12-16-2008, 11:59 PM
winter blended gas? what a crock of shit. its probably going up because of the holiday season coming around the corner.

The company we have deliver for us called my pops and said "its going up big"

you always say that. over the summer you said we would be seeing $5.00 a gallon.

GRAMPS SS
12-17-2008, 12:02 AM
he got close...it hit over 4.00 here....he does have the insider info....

88Nightmare
12-17-2008, 12:23 AM
just a few months ago he said it was gonna go up, and up until yesterday its been steadily going down. as with a lot of things, I wont believe it till I see it, and in this case, when it hits the signs ill believe it.

Smokey1226
12-17-2008, 12:45 AM
just a few months ago he said it was gonna go up, and up until yesterday its been steadily going down. as with a lot of things, I wont believe it till I see it, and in this case, when it hits the signs ill believe it.
LMAO, wtf are you talking about. Seriously...i want you to go back and find where i said half of what you said.

You guys asked at $3.45 a gallon what i thought. I said it would go up. AND IN FACT...i said i DOUBT it ever touches $5.00

I will bet money on that.

oh what else....i said barrel would hit below $80 when it was $140.....man o man you guys even bet me! Go figure we're below $50

IDK wtf you are talking about, as of 3 months ago it was GOING Up. Not untill a month and a half ago it starting coming down. I have full record of that.

Lastly idk wtf you are trying to attack me for, as i shouldn't be telling you shit. And Wayne is proof i stayed out of every Gas Price thread for the last 2 months as i didnt want any drama. I have that PM i sent to him. I dont really care if you think im wrong or a liar, to those who are my good friends i will tell you. As lordairguitar said you will see an increase within the next day or so.

And when i say big, im talking as far as we are concerned as a Gas Station. being 5 cents higher than the next guy would kill us. So maybe that is where you are getting confused???

/done

88Nightmare
12-17-2008, 12:55 AM
well none of us own gas stations so 5 cents is not big to us, so im confused why you would use that choice of wording. You say big like im going to wake up tomorrow and go to fill my truck and its gonna be $3.00 a gallon. 5 cents on a fillup equates to like.... a dollar per fill up.

88Nightmare
12-17-2008, 12:57 AM
personally, if it goes up, it goes up. if it goes down, it goes down. I need it so I have to pay for it.

Smokey1226
12-17-2008, 01:00 AM
Hold on big guy, for my Credability i want you to find where i "said" those things.

What i ment about the 5cents, referring to back when it was going up daily. And that was just a number, If we get another bad day tomorrow in the oil market you could see a 12cent swing within the next 3 days. Thats how it works. The market has good days and bad days. Luckily we have great people who look over us and try to get as many deliveries as we can when the price is low, when it goes up we try to hold on as long as we can.

We hate going up just as much as you see going up.....bad for business and WE ALL have to pay the same price too. So its a lose lose for us.

88Nightmare
12-17-2008, 01:08 AM
so in reality, tomorrow, there isnt going to be a big increase?

I might be wrong, but I figured gas stations always made the same percentage on profit. If gas goes up, you adjust your prices accordingly. If it goes down, you do the same. I dont understand.

Smokey1226
12-17-2008, 01:17 AM
so in reality, tomorrow, there isnt going to be a big increase?

I might be wrong, but I figured gas stations always made the same percentage on profit. If gas goes up, you adjust your prices accordingly. If it goes down, you do the same. I dont understand.
The second part of that statement is 100%. It will vary within a cent or 2 but for the most part you are correct.

Now to the top part, im going to tell you something i shouldn't and quite possibly get me in trouble but i feel you need to know...There very well could be. For instance we seen a 8cent cost increase in gas. Any station that orders gas after 6pm today (well yesterday as its 1am) would have to pay that increased price. We needed gas and the guys who take care of us loaded a tanker at 5pm, so we got it at the day before's price. Meaning the same as we were at this morning. So technically we wont have to change till we need to order again.

Now that could be later tomorrow and we have to pay whatever price that is or it could be 2 days and we gotta hope cost goes back down from the 8 cent increase.

Now to me and you, 8 cents isnt going to make or break me. But to those who are cutting it close ever week, any little bit helps.

Smokey1226
12-17-2008, 01:21 AM
And the guys who Lord seen go up, probably needed a tanker bad and got it loaded after 6pm, and changed prices as soon as the tanker left. Which is why you would see some already going up, and others like us who can wait it out a few days (possibly)

88Nightmare
12-17-2008, 01:29 AM
my guess is its going up because of the holidays just around the corner.

Smokey1226
12-17-2008, 01:32 AM
You very well be right. I wish i knew those answers, they dont tell us any of that. They just send a price sheet and say Deal with it.

I think it's BS that if we have a great day on the stock market, like today's 4.5% up, the Crude has to jump as well. Which "typically" means we see an increase in cost.

Why can't we have both, a good Stock day and lower gas prices? I guess thats just too much to ask for :(

Sprayaway Fox
12-17-2008, 01:45 AM
I heard it had something to do with the shoe incedent:goof BUSH IS PTFO!

Guy has been mostly right with a lot of sheet hes said. In the market were in hes doing pretty damn good with his input SO FA.:thumbsup

88Nightmare
12-17-2008, 01:57 AM
but still, we need it, so gotta pay for it

Myles
12-17-2008, 06:45 AM
bubba, just shut the fuck up.

PureSound15
12-17-2008, 07:28 AM

:rolf:rolf:rolf You're like an angry grandma.

I'm just lucky that I went from a 110 mile drive everyday to a 1 mile drive :)

nitrous
12-17-2008, 08:28 AM
At under $44 a barrel, I'd like to see a chart of how much a gallon of fuel was 15 years ago at these oil prices. With and without inflation.

GTSLOW
12-17-2008, 09:34 AM

:rolf x500000000

Prince Valiant
12-17-2008, 09:44 AM
10 dollars a gallon by summer. Quote me on that.

jbiscuit
12-17-2008, 09:56 AM

:rolf

JC70SS
12-17-2008, 11:12 AM

$10/tank by summer

dfr225
12-17-2008, 11:16 AM
because they can. see if we drilled for are own oil we could controll this to a certain extent.. but no... the libs want to fuck American business alot like the uaw. we where looking at what we spent in gas for are work trucks and lets just say it was over 100,000 dollars for 4 trucks.. :durr

or when the oil gets alittle dry over there, we start tapping our reserves and then control the world completely...

:alcoholic

GTSLOW
12-17-2008, 11:16 AM
$10/tank by summer

That would be nice.

Smokey1226
12-17-2008, 11:44 AM
That would be nice.
in my beater car, its only $17 for a full tank. And that lasts me 325 miles :banana

Prince Valiant
12-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Gas will be 22 dollars a gallon by Fall. Quote me on that.

Prince Valiant
12-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Scratch that. Gas will be 50/gallon. A barrel will run 2100 dollars per.

jbiscuit
12-17-2008, 02:02 PM
can we quote you on that chris? :rolf

Prince Valiant
12-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Quote this: Gas will be 868 dollars per ounce. This will make gas 80,550.40-90,272.00 dollars/gallon (weight per gallon varies on temp, so seasonal changes will affect price too...how great is that?). The per barrel cost will reach as high as 3,544,217.60-3,971,968.00 dollars. This will happen by June 21st, 2009.

Cryptic
12-17-2008, 02:38 PM
see sig.... now which is it Chris

jbiscuit
12-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Until Smokey chims in Chris, your predictions mean nothing. Only Smokey can predict the price of gas.

http://www.redkid.net/generator/8ball/yoursign.jpg

-stew-
12-17-2008, 03:10 PM
I need it so I have to pay for it.

But you don't want to rent a trailer to haul a car for a friend?

And you drive a full size 4x4 that prolly gets 14mpg. I got 17 bucks says you live just fine with a compact truck that gets in the mid to high 20's for mpg. Quitcherbitchin about gas prices.

CobraSnake
12-17-2008, 05:18 PM

And you drive a full size 4x4 that prolly gets 14mpg. I got 17 bucks says you live just fine with a compact truck that gets in the mid to high 20's for mpg. Quitcherbitchin about gas prices.
wow that trailer thing really pissed you off huh?

Reverend Cooper
12-17-2008, 06:22 PM
how about just because its the holidays and people will be traveling this happens all the time people its not rocket science

Adam Brooks
12-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Crude, gas prices and oil companies hyped on OPEC cuts, PDO, MXC, FPP, blah blah blah. Problem is OPEC cut 4mil barrels a day, yet the surplus is 321million barrels.... thats an insane amount of over supply and cuts cant keep up with current falling demand around the world. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aRDkGDTZ.eG0

crude hit 39.25/barrel on the nymex. you can watch on CNBC's half assed quotes http://www.cnbc.com/id/15839171. Pretty sweet that the world is basically saying FU to OPEC right now. What OPEC doesn't realize is by cutting production to artificially inflate the price (if that works which its not) during a global recession will wind up ultimately DESTROYING demand for oil. It'll simply be priced too high for consumption and we'll see an even greater reduction in demand... this isn't just a us drop in demand, this is global

So yes your gas station (or pops) is ripping you off.

Heating oil prices around here are even more crazy. These Aholes are totally ripping people off. In oct the spread on HO prices was .60 in the area. I'd ask them how they come up with their pricing and they would say its based off of crude prices... which it not, its based off of HO which is traded separately. Id then ask them how their prices are so high when HO is declining and they'd get all pissed @ me

95mustang302
12-17-2008, 09:09 PM
they did NOT cut 4 mbpd, they cut 2.2 at the meeting today, the 4mbpd figure is the total of the 3 cuts this year.

People need to read because it was quoted in a way on cnbc today that it created a lot of hysteria...

Adam Brooks
12-17-2008, 10:02 PM
2-4-10-20 doesn't matter, fundamentals are totally against OPEC plus we have oil tankers floating in the ocean filled w/ oil as a hedge against current prices... only adding to supply and reducing price.

yet ass hat gas co is screwing w/ prices

edit: my contact at refinery also indicated OPEC is fuct, Iran and Venezuela, Russia, Ecuador and Azerbaijan cant afford to cut production and they have to sell everything they can.

Smokey1226
12-17-2008, 10:43 PM
So yes your gas station (or pops) is ripping you off.

I see and deal with the price costs daily, so no, he isnt. Which in fact would be the reason every station within 15 miles is the same price?

And if we tried to be the hero and make no profit and sold gas at our cost we could get screwed. 2 Stations got sued for that a year ago right down the road from us.....So you can read about Opec and this and that, but im telling you what is reality in our neck of the woods.

Adamsy87
12-17-2008, 10:55 PM
I used to be a manager for Speedway Superamerica and have some input.

First off the margin made by the stations on a gallon of gasoline is very small. Gas margins have been diminishing over the years and have not helped business.

Second, Wisconsin has a minimum markup law on gasoline which plays a huge factor in prices and competition....

Adam Brooks
12-17-2008, 11:36 PM
smokey whats your wholesale price avg for this week. it on the rise? Oil co jacked up wholesale prices as crude fell towards 100, we know this.

Also price in 15 mile cant be the same, nor is it from my observations driving around plus every gas price site on the net indicating a .20 spread in the face of declining crude.

Maybe I'm not understanding how falling crude prices = higher % pump prices unless someone in between Middle East and my gas tank is adjusting the economics somewhere given there hasn't been any changes to min markup law or taxes. I'm not understanding how a $6 drop in crude = .20 increase on the retail side.

88Nightmare
12-17-2008, 11:52 PM

im not bitchin at all about gas prices. I didnt even start this thread. I was bitchin about people reporting the gas prices. Like I said, I need it, so I'll pay for it. And i might be able to get by with a midsize truck, but I choose not to :thumbsup

And who ever said I WOULDN'T pay for a trailer? :)

Smokey1226
12-18-2008, 12:06 AM
smokey whats your wholesale price avg for this week. it on the rise? Oil co jacked up wholesale prices as crude fell towards 100, we know this.

Also price in 15 mile cant be the same, nor is it from my observations driving around plus every gas price site on the net indicating a .20 spread in the face of declining crude.

Maybe I'm not understanding how falling crude prices = higher % pump prices unless someone in between Middle East and my gas tank is adjusting the economics somewhere given there hasn't been any changes to min markup law or taxes. I'm not understanding how a $6 drop in crude = .20 increase on the retail side.
the .20 spread is gotta be towards milwaukee. Because our here Burlington/Waterford/Elkhorn/Muskego/Mukwango (which is MUCH more than a 15 mile spread is all the same. And we get calls about it to confirm that.

This week started with a 11 cent increase on monday, which caused us to change our Price .10 cents higher at the pump. Then we seen a .03 increase but like i said ealier we didnt need a tanker so we could hold on. With crude down $3.00 today it should of went down which will be nice because tomorrow we should need another tanker. And we will adjust accordingly.

Adam Brooks
12-18-2008, 12:36 AM
Awesome so sounds like your wholesale price is adjusting accordingly. And yes that spread is here in mke. What do you think would cause such a large spread here vs where you are?

Smokey1226
12-18-2008, 01:02 AM
Awesome so sounds like your wholesale price is adjusting accordingly. And yes that spread is here in mke. What do you think would cause such a large spread here vs where you are?

There are LOTTTSSSS of stuff that 99% of you guys would never know that goes on in this business that we stay away from because were not shady.

FOR Instance.... The company we get deliveries from droped one of the Stations they delivered too because that station (which happens to be in milwaukee) who is a BP station, requested to get "unbranded gas". Meaning no major packets of additives, and cleaners. Like you hear on all of Shell's commericals and now with BP's new Innovograde or w/e its called.

Well unbranded gas is a good amount of money (obviously cents, but sometimes a good 15cents cheaper) than true Shell/BP gas with the additives in it. Like right now with the winter blend, there is actually stuff in the fuel that acts like that "Heat" stuff you buy at stores. And all of the engine cleaning detergents already in the fuel.

With that in mind, Stations looking to try and scam (which they found 63 stations in Wisconsin doing this and was on the news about a bunch of Citgo/BP stations) Putting unbranded gas in their tanks, even those BY CONTRACT they are supposed to have only BP or whatever they are gas in their tanks and selling it for cheaper than the rest of us.

OR, you have stations putting putting 87oct in all 3 fuel grades. Now that is really scarey for guys like me building a high compression Pumpgas motor. They are making HUGE money, and you or i would never know untill we had problems.

That is just two examples of what can go on, many more but you get the idea.

And im not racist by any means, but most of the stations out my way are owned by "White Owners" and are afraid of being sued as we have our lives/family/houses on the line with our business, towards milwaukee....well...you get the idea.

88Nightmare
12-18-2008, 01:10 AM
I know a lot of stores owned by middle eastern people will do something shady, then lose their business but a close relative will buy it and ifsofacto, they still stay in control of the business. I'm still trying to find a good reliable station to buy premium for the SS, so far mobil seems to be ok, they usually have 93 over 92 like speedways and whatnot.

Smokey1226
12-18-2008, 01:17 AM
I know a lot of stores owned by middle eastern people will do something shady, then lose their business but a close relative will buy it and ifsofacto, they still stay in control of the business. I'm still trying to find a good reliable station to buy premium for the SS, so far mobil seems to be ok, they usually have 93 over 92 like speedways and whatnot.
Anothe thing that goes into finding good Premium, is to ask how often they get their loads of premium delivered in.

We are very proud and my pops does a great job at ordering, we go make sure to go through our load of V Power about every 3 or 4 days.

Now in the inner city, you could have stations that don't move a load in 3-4 weeks. Simply because their is so much competition and a station on every corner possible.

88Nightmare
12-18-2008, 01:20 AM
I rarely ever get gas outside of my town. I wonder how far away your station is from my house... you guys carry 93 over there?

Smokey1226
12-18-2008, 01:22 AM
Yeah we carry 93 V power, im not telling you to go out of your way to get our gas. Im just trying to help out those who have vehicles who need to run good gas. Like that SS, beautiful suv, one night you decide to go out and play and have a tank of bad gas who knows wtf could happen! Just find a place that treats you good, has nice people and simply ask them how often are they bringing in new loads of premium. If they want to be shady and tell you dont worry about it, simply take your business else where.

In my Corolla, i could get away with just about anything. That suckers a tank!

88Nightmare
12-18-2008, 01:37 AM
i might have to take a drive out by ya this weekend

Smokey1226
12-18-2008, 01:59 AM
Im there every day till 10pm except Sunday. Speaking of which, if your hungry and want some amazing food stop in on sunday, get some of our amazing Hot ham and Rolls. We carry about 9 different style Rolls, that we bake all in house! And We have 2 different hams to choose from your normal Honey backed or a Garlic Flavored Ham. As well as all of our Homemade Soups/Sandwiches/Cakes/Pies/ect ect

I'll even buy ya a soda for stopin out if im there!

88Nightmare
12-18-2008, 02:05 AM
so you're not there at all on sundays?

Rocket Power
12-18-2008, 06:44 AM
Also price in 15 mile cant be the same,

Actually it is. His station is in the middle of my drive from Stallis to the far side of Burlington everyday. Their price is usually the same as everyone else on my drive. sometmes a few cents more , sometimes a few less but usually the same as most. The one down 36 in Waterford (BP/McD's)is almost always the highest on my drive.
The ones in hales corners on hwy100& 894 are my barometer for increases, they seem to be the first to go up.

Adam Brooks
12-18-2008, 07:27 AM
Smokey thats some good info for sure! thanks for the heads up on the 93 too thats pretty scary

pOrk
12-18-2008, 11:28 AM
So far I have found in my travels that 87 Shell gets the WORST mpg in 6.0 Fullsize trucks then BP. I have had terrible luck with Shell Gasoline.

Smokey1226
12-18-2008, 12:21 PM
So far I have found in my travels that 87 Shell gets the WORST mpg in 6.0 Fullsize trucks then BP. I have had terrible luck with Shell Gasoline.
Again how do you know thats what your getting? Secondly, a few things to go with that is were you switching from Gas with Ethanol and gas w/o? Some stations are still allowed to go without ethanol, a couple of Shell stations in Lions and Elkhorn are like that. YOu will get better gas MPG with that.

88Nightmare, usually i do work Sundays but this week i was "supposed" to have off. However this morning i woke up to the towlet bowl, and im on my 5th pukeing session. Some stomach virus that my dad had a couple days ago. So most likely my bro will work for me tonight and ill work his sunday shift.

Adam- No problem, It is scarey indeed. The station up from us on highway 36 (going north) on the right hand side, is known for having terrible gas. He blew up 2 of my buddies sled engines because they didnt have enough premium to go to our station.

Needless to say, On a nice vehicle or one that is made to run on nothing less than true 93....do some homework and save yourself a warranty claim!

jbiscuit
12-18-2008, 12:28 PM
http://hiscocksblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/shovel.jpg

-stew-
12-18-2008, 12:37 PM
wow that trailer thing really pissed you off huh?

People asking for a handout when they are fully capable of, but unwilling to, crack open their wallet will always piss me off. They think they deserve something for nothing. It's part of the reason out economy is the way it is.

BUTTHURT[/I];478279]im not bitchin at all about gas prices. I didnt even start this thread. I was bitchin about people reporting the gas prices. Like I said, I need it, so I'll pay for it. And i might be able to get by with a midsize truck, but I choose not to :thumbsup

And who ever said I WOULDN'T pay for a trailer? :)

Rent a trailer, ya bum!:thumbsup:thumbsup

wikked
12-18-2008, 01:09 PM
LMAO, wtf are you talking about. Seriously...i want you to go back and find where i said half of what you said.

You guys asked at $3.45 a gallon what i thought. I said it would go up. AND IN FACT...i said i DOUBT it ever touches $5.00

I will bet money on that.

:shades
BCM Detectives have concluded investigation.
It has been confirmed that Smokey1226 never said in any post, that gas would be $5.00/gal by summer, or any other date.

He did however, say in late July of this year, that with the prices slowly falling, we could see prices in the low $3's/gal by January.
I'll take that kind of mistake.
:shades

lordairgtar
12-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Im there every day till 10pm except Sunday. Speaking of which, if your hungry and want some amazing food stop in on sunday, get some of our amazing Hot ham and Rolls. We carry about 9 different style Rolls, that we bake all in house! And We have 2 different hams to choose from your normal Honey backed or a Garlic Flavored Ham. As well as all of our Homemade Soups/Sandwiches/Cakes/Pies/ect ect

I'll even buy ya a soda for stopin out if im there!
I'm vouching for those sammitches. Very good! If ya can't trust a fat guy about food, who can ya trust?

However this morning i woke up to the towlet bowl, and im on my 5th pukeing session. Some stomach virus that my dad had a couple days ago. So most likely my bro will work for me tonight and ill work his sunday shift.
Ya sure that wasn't alky hall induced?:devil

pOrk
12-18-2008, 06:37 PM
I assume when I pull into a Shell Station fling Shell flags and boasting Shell logos all over the Shell Branded Oil in the station, that I am getting Shell gasoline. I go to Florida a few times a year, and the 3 times I tried Shell gasoline I averages 2-3 mpg worse. Thats a BIG different IMO.

I do the math on every tank mileage / gallons.

Again how do you know thats what your getting? Secondly, a few things to go with that is were you switching from Gas with Ethanol and gas w/o? Some stations are still allowed to go without ethanol, a couple of Shell stations in Lions and Elkhorn are like that. YOu will get better gas MPG with that.

88Nightmare, usually i do work Sundays but this week i was "supposed" to have off. However this morning i woke up to the towlet bowl, and im on my 5th pukeing session. Some stomach virus that my dad had a couple days ago. So most likely my bro will work for me tonight and ill work his sunday shift.

Adam- No problem, It is scarey indeed. The station up from us on highway 36 (going north) on the right hand side, is known for having terrible gas. He blew up 2 of my buddies sled engines because they didnt have enough premium to go to our station.

Needless to say, On a nice vehicle or one that is made to run on nothing less than true 93....do some homework and save yourself a warranty claim!

pOrk
12-18-2008, 06:44 PM
The only bad gas I ever bought was form Speedway, if that makes you feel any better :)

Feature Pony
12-18-2008, 06:47 PM
$36 a barrel after OPEC's 2.2 million barrel cut I bet the sandbox is pi$$ed that there plan to drive prices up are FAILING!!!

T-Bag
12-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Nothing will happen to your TB if you don't run 91 except some pulled timing.