PDA

View Full Version : Any general contractors in here?

07ROUSHSTG3
12-16-2008, 08:48 PM
well i am planning on doing an addition to my house this spring. it was supposed to be done last spring but the guy that i was going to have do it kind of hosed me. i tried to be nice and give it to a little local outfit but it turned into a mess. i am going to start taking bids and getting estimates. I have the drawings all made up and it won't be anything too crazy. price will be a factor as I have a budget that i would like to stay in, but i would be willing and able to go over that budget for a good quality job done in a steady/quick pace. the last guy only had 2 guys working for him so it would have taken a while. i would like to find a larger outfit that would be able to come in and get it done without any messing around. I am also looking for someone to come in and do EVERYTHING. the last guy wanted me to handle the electrical, insulation, and the demo :goof. i am lazy and don't want to worry about anything. let me know.

i can send you copies of the plans, and pics of the house to get an idea of what it will take. basically, i will be ripping off my attic and making 2 new rooms over my kitchen and downstairs bedroom. i know that i am a bit north, but i am hoping that someone will be hungry enough to drive up.

That_Guy
12-16-2008, 08:59 PM
well i am planning on doing an addition to my house this spring. it was supposed to be done last spring but the guy that i was going to have do it kind of hosed me. i tried to be nice and give it to a little local outfit but it turned into a mess. i am going to start taking bids and getting estimates. I have the drawings all made up and it won't be anything too crazy. price will be a factor as I have a budget that i would like to stay in, but i would be willing and able to go over that budget for a good quality job done in a steady/quick pace. the last guy only had 2 guys working for him so it would have taken a while. i would like to find a larger outfit that would be able to come in and get it done without any messing around. I am also looking for someone to come in and do EVERYTHING. the last guy wanted me to handle the electrical, insulation, and the demo :goof. i am lazy and don't want to worry about anything. let me know.

i can send you copies of the plans, and pics of the house to get an idea of what it will take. basically, i will be ripping off my attic and making 2 new rooms over my kitchen and downstairs bedroom. i know that i am a bit north, but i am hoping that someone will be hungry enough to drive up.

didnt we talk about this at one point in time.. either way i have a few people i can send your way if so.. get you some bids.. when it comes to the flooring and other finish work i can do some bidding for you but ive got a ruf carpentry and siding guy who is awesome to work with. ill send you a bunch of numbers of people. ill talk to my father and see if he is at all interested in this.

07ROUSHSTG3
12-16-2008, 09:19 PM
didnt we talk about this at one point in time.. either way i have a few people i can send your way if so.. get you some bids.. when it comes to the flooring and other finish work i can do some bidding for you but ive got a ruf carpentry and siding guy who is awesome to work with. ill send you a bunch of numbers of people. ill talk to my father and see if he is at all interested in this.

i really want one general contractor to come in, bid it, and handle making all the calls and setting everything up. if you work with someone that could do that, let me know. i am not interested in having to call bill to frame it in, john to run the wiring, bob to insulate and drywall, steve to side it, and dave to do the flooring. i found out last time, that trying to get all those schedules to mesh is all but impossible. you have one guy waiting for the other guy. i am looking for someone, maybe you know someone, that has a good group of firms that could really synchronize the operation and like i said, come in, start, and finish. no "well the drywaller was ready, but the insulation wasn't in at the time." that is what i was kind of dealing with last spring.

as for the flooring. I am not going to do anything too crazy. just carpeting in the one room and then possibly one small patch of hardwood floor in front of the tv and then the rest carpet. again, if you know a good general contractor that would be able to hook us both up let me know.

JC70SS
12-17-2008, 08:05 AM
I'll pm you a name if the guy will haul up there.

jbiscuit
12-17-2008, 08:09 AM
anybody build garages?

Breecher_7
12-17-2008, 08:58 AM
If anyone is looking for construction side jobs or concrete work get in touch with me. Josh the guy who owns the blue vette that got hacked up does alot of side work and does great work.

That_Guy
12-17-2008, 11:47 AM
anybody build garages?

do you have plans made up?

if not i can do it for you dirt cheep...