PDA

View Full Version : Peapod.com Online grocery shopping

BoosTT
12-16-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm getting my first grocerys delivered tonight by Peapod.com. Delivery to Delafield was $8 with a $50 order and less with a larger order. Plus I found a $15 off promo code. I figure with tip, it should be almost the same as pick n save or sentry. A guy I work with now, used to work at peapod and said the grocerys were always top notch, because everyone was always "testing" them.

I'll report on Wens how it turned out. Anyone else try them yet?

pOrk
12-16-2008, 01:02 PM
I just go to the store, paying someone else to do my grocery shopping would make me rich. And that I am not.

Looking forward to your review anyhow.

Voodoo Chick
12-16-2008, 01:23 PM
I just walk up to the store, it's right by my apartment, and I never know what I want until I get there anyway!!

kornholio788
12-16-2008, 01:36 PM
I just walk up to the store, it's right by my apartment, and I never know what I want until I get there anyway!!

Haha same here. Less than 2 blocks from my apt. And I have never made a "list" lol. I just walk down every isle.."Oooo that looks yummy.":rolf

xxsn0blindxx
12-16-2008, 02:46 PM
I used them once with a $20 coupon. Price came out to about the same as Pick 'n Save and I didn't have to go out in the cold. I wouldn't normally shop this way, but it's not bad.

awsomeears
12-16-2008, 03:45 PM
I just always picture some Goof ball walking in with all this food and the Eggs and Wonder bread on the bottom.

lol.......

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Is this like WEBVAN ?

GRAMPS SS
12-16-2008, 09:51 PM
we have a neighbor that has gotten her groceries delivered from them since we moved out here....must not be all that expensive.always wanted to try them.......but I'll stick with Sendik's...........

GRAMPS SS
12-16-2008, 09:53 PM
I just go to the store, paying someone else to do my grocery shopping would make me rich. And that I am not.

Looking forward to your review anyhow.

yea right...you millionaire you :thumbsup

lordairgtar
12-16-2008, 11:01 PM
we have a neighbor that has gotten her groceries delivered from them since we moved out here....must not be all that expensive.always wanted to try them.......but I'll stick with Sendik's...........
It would probably cost you less than Sendik's.

BoosTT
12-16-2008, 11:35 PM
Got the food tonight. The guy was on time @8pm. with the snow. Scheduled to come between 6.15pm and 8.15pm. The grocerys are great. Deli and produce is way better then pick n save or atleast equel at the minimum. When I ordered, I though the deli was a bit over priced, but that's just because they dont have the shitty stuff. The deli meats and cheeses are awesome. Produce is good and I worked in a sentry's produce dept for 6 years... that says a lot. Produce is pretty much equel to picking out the best "bannana" or whatever at pick n save.

If you only buy sale items or high dollar stuff (beer, wine, specialty items) it's equel price to local stores (plus delivery $8 and tip $5). So, it's a few dollars more, but also allows you to easily track what you order/spend. Keep in mind when looking at the prices online, that peapod doesent want you to be dissipointed and usually underestimate. Example: Broclcci (sp??) said 1-3 pcs for $2 and I got 4 large pcs.

I may use peapod.com again... My girlfriend who does all the shopping has a really f-ing bad habbet of putting all the grocerys on credit cards and forgets how much she spends on grocerys. This ends up to her spending $600/month on grocerys alone (no liquor, ect) for 2 people. Peapod prevents this 100%. Otherwise, I'll prob use it once or twice a year, just because local is cheaper.

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Goods meats, cheeses and veggies. FTW

FourEyedFord
12-16-2008, 11:50 PM

Dude you go to Sendik's!?!?!?!?!

Grasch Foods is where its at, I dare you to find better meat, seafood, and deli! :D :headbang

Seriously though, I dare you, and I am not just saying this because I am close to the owners, too.

GRAMPS SS
12-16-2008, 11:55 PM
Dude you go to Sendik's!?!?!?!?!

Grasch Foods is where its at, I dare you to find better meat, seafood, and deli! :D :headbang

Seriously though, I dare you, and I am not just saying this because I am close to the owners, too.

you know i'd come visit you...but hell Sendiks in like a mile from my place....and your 10 miles....i do need some good filets though...i might stop by....

FourEyedFord
12-17-2008, 12:10 AM
you know i'd come visit you...but hell Sendiks in like a mile from my place....and your 10 miles....i do need some good filets though...i might stop by....

I figured location was the reason, I just had to bust your balls, lol.
If you stop by in the afternoon, have the girls up front give me a holla!

animal
12-17-2008, 07:10 AM
Where is their distribution center? Is it local?

Somehow I just picture some dude booking through picknsave and aldis, grabbin up your shit, and bringing it over to you at profit.

UnderPSI
12-17-2008, 08:56 AM
I figured location was the reason, I just had to bust your balls, lol.
If you stop by in the afternoon, have the girls up front give me a holla!

I need a pot pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

y2kws6
12-17-2008, 09:21 AM
I think I will stick with Pick 'n Save unless PeaPod can beat the savings.
Last night total bill = $311.56 (3 weeks for 2 adults and 3 kids)
Store Savings with cut coupons = $130.06

1.5 hours worth of shopping on the way home from work though

Love freezers.
Dan

Goat Roper
12-17-2008, 07:37 PM
My wife is the coupon queen, not sure if peapod would put up with her shit.

wrath
12-17-2008, 10:20 PM
We're coupon junkies and make Pick'a'Slave work for it on Wednesdays and KMart earn their keep when they're doing double $2 coupons. I scour the Intarnet for coupons and my girlfriend clips them out of the Sunday paper. Otherwise we go to Sentry even though its way out of our way because PickenSlave is way overpriced. We go to that grocery store on the corner of North and Lilly once in a while but it is WAY out of our way.

When we go to Michigan we bring back a bunch of groceries also. WAY cheaper for groceries in Michigan as there is some competition. Kroger, KMart, Walmart, Meijer, IGA... blah blah blah.

xxsn0blindxx
12-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Peapod.com is fairly priced, but no ridiculous deals. They would be great for older folks who shouldn't go out in the cold, only problem is they don't know how to use teh interwebs :rolf

If my wife and I both happened to be sick and were in dire need of groceries I'd use peapod... actually I'm too cheap and too stubborn to be stopped by sickness and would just go to he pick 'n save across the street :goof