PDA

View Full Version : need a car trailer

88Nightmare
12-16-2008, 01:22 AM
looking to borrow a car trailer this saturday. I'll be staying local, I just need to transport a roller to my house from two towns away.

-stew-
12-16-2008, 02:29 AM
Rent a trailer ya bum.

88Nightmare
12-16-2008, 02:41 AM
thanks for the help :punch:

-stew-
12-16-2008, 02:48 AM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/tofuthegreat/dont-worry-Im-from-the-internet.jpg

88Nightmare
12-16-2008, 02:56 AM
meh. I see people post from time to time on here in need of a car trailer and seem to end up finding one to borrow. I figured since I only need it for about an hour, it wouldnt be too much of a hassle. If I can't find a trailer, guess im gonna hook up a tow strap and drag the car home.

-stew-
12-16-2008, 03:07 AM
meh. I see people post from time to time on here in need of a car trailer and seem to end up finding one to borrow. I figured since I only need it for about an hour, it wouldnt be too much of a hassle. If I can't find a trailer, guess im gonna hook up a tow strap and drag the car home.

Way to help the economy. ~$70 for a u-haul trailer, I think $50ish for a dolly from them.

DirtyMax
12-16-2008, 09:06 AM
I see 88's point....

I'd rather put the $70 in the pocket of a BCM'er than U-Haul. They'll probably just spend it lavishly and then ask the gov't for assistance.

Cryptic
12-16-2008, 09:22 AM
No one ever says "rent", they always say borrow. To me that implies they are just asking for a favor.

Yeehaw
12-16-2008, 09:29 AM
if i had one i would borrow you it but i have not purchased one so rain check!

pOrk
12-16-2008, 10:05 AM
Mike, what happened to your brothers car trailer?

88Nightmare
12-16-2008, 10:50 AM
his trailer needs the bearings repacked badly and his tires are very bald, I dont feel comfortable towing someone elses car on it

LIL EVO
12-16-2008, 12:00 PM
http://lilevo.com/pictures/trailer/trailer2.jpg

$60

-stew-
12-16-2008, 12:21 PM
I see 88's point....

I'd rather put the $70 in the pocket of a BCM'er than U-Haul. They'll probably just spend it lavishly and then ask the gov't for assistance.

Would the above please see the below.

No one ever says "rent", they always say borrow. To me that implies they are just asking for a favor.

Word up. "Borrow" implies handing your shit over with no compensation for wear and tear on your equipment or your time. "Borrow" also implies if any damage is incurred to your equipment all's you may get is a "Opp's. Sorry."

his trailer needs the bearings repacked badly and his tires are very bald, I dont feel comfortable towing someone elses car on it

Sounds like $70 and an afternoon's work might put you into a trailer. And the fact you are asking to borrow someones trailer for to haul the junker of someone else makes this look even more like a couple of bum musky's lookin' for a handout.

2JZIS-F
12-16-2008, 01:00 PM

$60

Hahah. 10%off for BCM. $50 per day

DirtyMax
12-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Even when I "borrow" something, I offer some sort of payment. Even if they won't take it, I would still offer.

Cryptic
12-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Would the above please see the below.

Word up. "Borrow" implies handing your shit over with no compensation for wear and tear on your equipment or your time. "Borrow" also implies if any damage is incurred to your equipment all's you may get is a "Opp's. Sorry."

Sounds like $70 and an afternoon's work might put you into a trailer. And the fact you are asking to borrow someones trailer for to haul the junker of someone else makes this look even more like a couple of bum musky's lookin' for a handout.

Thank You! Handing over a 24ft enclosed trailer is scary when you really don't know what is going to be pulling it and their experience doing so. Plus unloading what I have in it, giving it the usual walk though, and then loading all my crap back in when I get it back takes time. Someone already smoked 1 out the 4 tires when I loaned it out once. How, I have no clue. And yeah I had to eat that.

The wrong things to hear:

I'm gonna use my buddy's truck.

WRONG! Unknown 3rd party.

...I'm doing my buddy a favor

Do favors with your own stuff.

Can I use your truck and trailer, I'll pay for the gas?

Umm do know you? It's gas, wear and tear, plus my time.

I need an enclosed trailer because the roads are really shitty right now.

...and that's exactly why I don't want my stuff on the road. It isn't safe. And no-one offers to wash the salt off the trailer when their done.

It's a reasonable estimate that I will have to F around for about 1-2 hours to get my trailer ready for someone to "borrow". It is not worth my time (and risk) for anything less than $100. loading and unloading a roller(my rx7) is a pain in the ass

DR.FORD
12-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Thank You! Handing over a 24ft enclosed trailer is scary when you really don't know what is going to be pulling it and their experience doing so. Plus unloading what I have in it, giving it the usual walk though, and then loading all my crap back in when I get it back takes time. Someone already smoked 1 out the 4 tires when I loaned it out once. How, I have no clue. And yeah I had to eat that.

The wrong things to hear:

WRONG! Unknown 3rd party.

Do favors with your own stuff.

Umm do know you? It's gas, wear and tear, plus my time.

...and that's exactly why I don't want my stuff on the road. It isn't safe. And no-one offers to wash the salt off the trailer when their done.

It's a reasonable estimate that I will have to F around for about 1-2 hours to get my trailer ready for someone to "borrow". It is not worth my time (and risk) for anything less than $100. loading and unloading a roller(my rx7) is a pain in the ass

Perfect explanation!!!

88Nightmare
12-17-2008, 12:04 AM

$60

sounds like what im looking for. its not 100% we are moving the car this saturday but I wanted to make sure there was something available should we decide to continue with our project.

and I dont feel like sticking time and money into my brothers trailer, especially when its pretty chilly outside. And I'm sure getting 4 tires purchased, mounted, and balanced (if they even balance trailer tires, im sure they do) im sure would cost more then $60 or $70 bucks

DirtyMax
12-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Well put, Andy....

This guy (a friend but not a close friend for severl yrs.) got pissed at me a few months ago when I wouldn't let him take my brand new truck up north to haul wood around and build treestands.

Here's the kicker... he has a pickup (2000 ish F150) of his own that would do the job just fine so why the heck would he need to borrow my truck?!?!? His answer... cuz yours is nicer and more roomy. If he actually had a good reason and not been suck a dickhead about it, I might have actually given him my truck because that's the type of person I am (what's mine is yours....)

Havent talked to him since September... :rolleyes:

-stew-
12-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Well stated.

When I worked at Welk's (wrenchin, not slangin smokes and gas) I noticed a couple arguing out at the far pumps. They were filling up a BRAND NEW Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4, extended cab pick up, towing a small enclosed motorcycle trailer. The guy came over and asked me how much to roll the truck into the shop and drain the tank on the truck because his wife had FILLED THE DIESEL WITH GASOLINE. He also went o to explain how THE TRUCK WASN"T HIS. HIS BUDDY LOANED HIM THE TRUCK---OFF THE LOT OF THE CHEVY DEALERSHIP HE WORKED AT as a salesman, IN WISCONSIN DELLS. The guy had bought his wife a brand new Softtail at House of Overpriced Junk on 62nd & Layton.

The guy's truck was in the shop, his buddy hooked him up by giving him a truck off the lot and his dealer plate to drive down to Milwaukee to pick up that brand new HD. All was fine and well until the wife filled the kerosene tank with gasoline. He was all pissed off when I told him I wasn't touchin' the truck. It was late on a Friday and I had work to finish. I mentioned that I also had no place to put 35 gallons of contaminated gas, he suggested I could just dump it in the tanks in the ground. He stormed off when I told him I wasn't gonna contaminate 20,000 gallons of gasoline because his wife doesn't know how to read.

He ended up pushing the truck to a parking spot, the trailer to another and having the truck towed back to the Dells, riding the HD back home, coming back with another truck over the weekend.

And you are effectively asking a group of strangers to borrow a trailer?

Go rent one, ya bum.

88Nightmare
12-17-2008, 11:56 PM
I've seen people ask before, and I've seen people on here loan out a trailer, so why not me? Is it because im white and fat? seriously now.....

And since when are we all strangers.... when yoosof needed help and everyone pulled for him, were we strangers then? Who are YOU to criticize anyway?