PDA

View Full Version : Need to quick borrow a tool!!!

ffvetteman
12-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Wanted to check if anyone on here has a sheet metal crimper I could borrow for a few days. I am working on the duct at my house and I need to crimp some pipe, but dont want to pay for a tool.

I could have it back by Wed or this weekend at the latest.

If ayone has any concerns, I am very carefull and do not abuse tools. If you do not get it back in the same condition you gave it to me in, I will buy you a new one. I don't play games.

Anyone got one?

Breecher_7
12-15-2008, 07:26 PM
you mean to shrink the ends of the ducting so it connects to another piece? I have one, but its at work.....

ffvetteman
12-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Yea that thing. I was going to go back to my house tomorrow, and would like to use it tomorrow and Wed.(house is in Jefferson Co)

Breecher_7
12-15-2008, 07:29 PM
Eh, I live in Jackson and the tool is in Milwaukee. Probably not worth your drive considering what they cost! But if you want it, i can bring it home tomarrow.

SSDude
12-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Harbor Freight
http://search.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/web/search.do?keyword=sheet+metal+crimper&Submit=Go

Maybe I'll get one of these.

Brian98GTP
12-15-2008, 07:44 PM
JP.... come on man.

You're telling me that after all those years at FAP, you never got yourself a crimper? LOL

I have one you could use, but like Breecher... I'm way the fuck up here.

I took 2 vacation days this week, but will be back to work Wednesday. I commute to Oak Creek for now, so how does that play into your location/schedule?

ffvetteman
12-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Good call on the Harbor Freight!! I think that would be the best way to go.

I dont mind spending $20, but I know good ones cost a lot more than that.

ffvetteman
12-15-2008, 07:48 PM
JP.... come on man.

You're telling me that after all those years at FAP, you never got yourself a crimper? LOL

I have one you could use, but like Breecher... I'm way the fuck up here.

I took 2 vacation days this week, but will be back to work Wednesday. I commute to Oak Creek for now, so how does that play into your location/schedule?

You forget I was the delivery bitch!! I never did any installing until I bought this place and I started over.

Although I have been buying all the duct, fittings and registers from there. Its a good feeling going in there and not having to work, but I was having flashbacks!!

ffvetteman
12-15-2008, 07:53 PM
I should have loaded up on tools before I quit, but never thought I would be replacing all this duct!!

Although I did load up on damn near a lifetime supply of Sawzall blades!!!

awsomeears
12-15-2008, 08:28 PM
:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

Just buy the tool bud :thumbsup

I have about $4k in HVAC tools and I don't borrow them because I have about $100 in lost aka borrowed tools.

Menards has decent ones :thumbsup

Lash
12-15-2008, 09:42 PM
You forget I was the delivery bitch!! I never did any installing until I bought this place and I started over.

Although I have been buying all the duct, fittings and registers from there. Its a good feeling going in there and not having to work, but I was having flashbacks!!

All this time and I din't know who you were...lol.

Small world.

ffvetteman
12-15-2008, 11:20 PM
All this time and I din't know who you were...lol.

Small world.

Uh Oh another person I don't know I know.

And you are...

Lash
12-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Uh Oh another person I don't know I know.

And you are...

I'm Luke and I work for Total Mech. (a.k.a. Total Comfort). :thumbsup

ffvetteman
12-18-2008, 10:27 AM
I think I remember you!!

I delivered to a bunch of your job sites didnt I?

Lash
12-18-2008, 03:33 PM
I think I remember you!!

I delivered to a bunch of your job sites didnt I?

You sure did! :thumbsup