PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove a Xbox 360 game update?

Moparjim
12-15-2008, 09:54 AM
So, recently got Force Unleashed which worked fine until the other day it downloaded an update. Now it black screens and locks up my Xbox. The disc has not a scratch on it, and it still works fine in my other Xbox 360. I am thinking something is screwed up in the update or from when it saved the update. Anyone know is there a way to delete these updates and start from scratch?

Myles
12-15-2008, 10:10 AM
So, recently got Force Unleashed which worked fine until the other day it downloaded an update. Now it black screens and locks up my Xbox. The disc has not a scratch on it, and it still works fine in my other Xbox 360. I am thinking something is screwed up in the update or from when it saved the update. Anyone know is there a way to delete these updates and start from scratch?

pretty much format the hard drive. Thats the only way i know how to go about it.

tbarsch
12-15-2008, 10:37 AM
Yeah - This will undo all game updates... Read up here:
http://vgstrategies.about.com/od/xbox360faqs/a/ClearX360Cache.htm

I haven't tried it since the dashboard update - I would assume it still works...

lilws6
12-15-2008, 10:39 AM
i had a simalar problem with nfs prostreet. I just deleted all the saved stuff for the game off the hard drive and started over. My rock band also did the same thing :(