PDA

View Full Version : Chipotle

Nick
12-14-2008, 02:31 PM
http://blogs.menupages.com/boston/Chipotle.jpg
It's pronounced "CHI-POTE-LAY"

Not "CHI-POLE-TAY"

Jesus ******* christ. If I hear one more person say "chi-pole-tay" im going to ring their ******* neck

Voodoo Chick
12-14-2008, 02:53 PM
That pisses me off, but not NEARLY as bad as when people say "dis-orien-TATED" or "orien-TATED." How f****** stupid can a person be!? It's DISORIENTED, and ORIENTED.....I feel like wringing their necks as well when I hear that.

-stew-
12-14-2008, 03:05 PM
People incorrectly using then/than, well/we'll, break/brake, there/their/they're. Also, not using punctuation and a general inability to structure a sentence. This place is rife with people cant form a sentence to save their lives. And spell check, bitches!!! (Firefox FTW)

Personally I pronounce Chipotle: Cue*Dough*Ba

Nick
12-14-2008, 03:10 PM
haha

RanJer
12-14-2008, 03:13 PM
rediculous

/end thread - dont know what it is but i hate when people say rediculous.. if that little red dotted line under it isn't enough.. it's RIDICULOUS.. from the word RIDICULE.

udlose98
12-14-2008, 03:14 PM
im a Qdoba guy

michelle
12-14-2008, 03:27 PM
That pisses me off, but not NEARLY as bad as when people say "dis-orien-TATED" or "orien-TATED." How f****** stupid can a person be!? It's DISORIENTED, and ORIENTED.....I feel like wringing their necks as well when I hear that.

I say disorientated. It's typically said in that manner over in Europe more so then here. If you were to say disoriented over there, people would look at you funny and probably say "stupid American".

Cryptic
12-14-2008, 03:33 PM
This thread is gay.

^ Dave posted this

MurphysLaw88GT
12-14-2008, 03:33 PM
im a Qdoba guy

yep

Cjburn
12-14-2008, 03:36 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/59/Grammar_Nazi.gif

Crawlin
12-14-2008, 03:40 PM
personally i pronounce chipotle: Cue*dough*ba

ftmfw!!!

xxsn0blindxx
12-14-2008, 06:25 PM
I feel the same way about "irregardless" being used when they really mean regardless.

Holeshot
12-14-2008, 06:48 PM
This is for Brad.... EPIC RANT ABOVE

That_Guy
12-14-2008, 07:24 PM
the one that pisses me off is when people say "WALLA TOSA" INSTEAD OF wauwatosa

That_Guy
12-14-2008, 07:25 PM
People incorrectly using then/than, well/we'll, break/brake, there/their/they're. Also, not using punctuation and a general inability to structure a sentence. This place is rife with people cant form a sentence to save their lives. And spell check, bitches!!! (Firefox FTW)

Personally I pronounce Chipotle: Cue*Dough*Ba

agreed

-stew-
12-14-2008, 07:42 PM
People that say "hyth" instead of "height". And cars that need brake calibers, cadillac converters, tire rod ends, tires that be worn down to the treads.

SSDude
12-14-2008, 07:57 PM
CHIPOTLE:thumbsup
http://media.merriam-webster.com/soundc11/c/chipot01.wav

Voodoo Chick
12-14-2008, 08:27 PM
i say disorientated. It's typically said in that manner over in europe more so then here. If you were to say disoriented over there, people would look at you funny and probably say "stupid american".

It is incorrect in any place. Just because it is commonly used does NOT, by any stretch, make it correct. It is equally incorrect on any continent, and makes the person saying it look like a moron. This is the last I'm saying about it,too.

Exitspeed
12-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Doesn't bother me as bad as someone saying "alls". Like "Alls I gotta do is...". Where the fuck did the extra s come from?

Voodoo Chick
12-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Or people that say "disray" instead of "disarray".......Hmmmmm....maybe that's how they say it in Europe!!!! :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf

Al
12-14-2008, 09:45 PM
im a Qdoba guy

Me too. Chipotle Sucks.

lordairgtar
12-15-2008, 12:06 AM
Or when people spell per se as persay. My Grandma used to sat "more oftener" with a hard "T" on top of that. Used to drive me nuts. Of course, she didn't get much education after thirteen when she pretty much raised 12 younger siblings after her mother died.

johnny--2k
12-15-2008, 10:17 AM
how about axe......can i axe you a question? Really? come on now....

or in regards to tires, they have no "thread" left on them.....WTF is tire THREAD?

How about people that say excape, expresso, excetera, and expecially? AHHHHHH! Then there is FEBYOUARY? WTF month is that?

Here is another one that irks me, "For all intensive purposes" when it is really "for all intents and purposes" you f'ing moron!

And a few more.... Interpretate, KLU KLUX KLAN? Honestly?, Nucular (i hate this one a lot), realator instead of realtor, reoccur (hahah), supposably, TI-A-JUANA (it's TIJUANA btw), volumptuous instead of voluptuous....

The list goes on, but those are pretty common ones that I've heard....

jbiscuit
12-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Chipotle can burn down for all I care. Nasty burritos

CobraSnake
12-15-2008, 10:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lich59xsjik

Voodoo Chick
12-15-2008, 01:05 PM
how about axe......can i axe you a question? Really? come on now....

or in regards to tires, they have no "thread" left on them.....WTF is tire THREAD?

How about people that say excape, expresso, excetera, and expecially? AHHHHHH! Then there is FEBYOUARY? WTF month is that?

Here is another one that irks me, "For all intensive purposes" when it is really "for all intents and purposes" you f'ing moron!

And a few more.... Interpretate, KLU KLUX KLAN? Honestly?, Nucular (i hate this one a lot), realator instead of realtor, reoccur (hahah), supposably, TI-A-JUANA (it's TIJUANA btw), volumptuous instead of voluptuous....

The list goes on, but those are pretty common ones that I've heard....

I agree with you 150 % on those.....let me add to this list "wreck" havoc, when it's WREAK havoc........."comf-ter-ble" instead of comfortable, one of my all-time most hated is "temp-ature" instead of temperature, and let's not forget (in referrence to "fixing" a female animal) "spayeded" instead of spayed. I would like to slap the people that say these words incorrectly........Then there's the idiots that say "well, that's how they say it in (add place here) so it's ok...." No, it's NOT ok, you still sound like you have sh*t for brains!! :chair:

Flicktitty
12-15-2008, 01:08 PM
any way you say it,

it all comes out in hot peanut butter.

Voodoo Chick
12-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Well, at least we're all just ranting about something harmless, lol!! Good, clean rant! :rolf

formul8
12-15-2008, 01:28 PM
I call it "Chi-pottle".

However you say it, the shit is nasty.:puke

Yeehaw
12-15-2008, 01:51 PM
i just dont get why everyone is making fun of the way i talk

johnny--2k
12-15-2008, 02:37 PM
ahaha.....some of these are great.

indyzmike
12-15-2008, 05:31 PM
How about all of the radio arm saws on CL, or the letter "dubbya"?

Nix
12-15-2008, 05:53 PM
My grammar is garbage and my punction is less than par. My knowing the proper prononuncing of specific words may be wrong at times as well, but life will go on for me and you too.

Do I care? No.

Do other people care? It seems at times, I personally am not perfect and when it comes to these things mentioned above it seems people love to nit-pick.

However I do understand where you are comming from.

Heres one some of you may have noticed at one time or another,

What did you do that "fur"?

Its, what did you do that "FOR"?

Or...

I'm waiting "fur" them to come over.

Its...

I'm waiting "FOR" them to come over. :thumbsup

lordairgtar
12-15-2008, 05:54 PM
My dad pronounced "W" dublya. I corrected him once and I got beat. As far as the word "for", I noticed that down in Illinois it gets pronounced fur. My old shop teacher in high school was from Missouri. He said things like diesel pronounced with a hard s sound like deesle instead of deezle. Warsh for wash, orl for oil, battree for battery and a few other colloquialisms. Of course I get a kick out of the Brits who call a certain Camaro a Zed 28

xxsn0blindxx
12-15-2008, 07:29 PM
My grammar is garbage and my punction is less than par. My knowing the proper prononuncing of specific words may be wrong at times as well, but life will go on for me and you too.

Please tell me this was on purpose, it's been a long day and the sarcasm detector is on the fritz.

JC70SS
12-15-2008, 08:46 PM
my fav. samwich instead of sandwich

Nix
12-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Please tell me this was on purpose, it's been a long day and the sarcasm detector is on the fritz.

Fuck no it wasn't on purpose. Your sarcasm detector thing is working just fine I'll have you know. :thumbsup

GRAMPS SS
12-15-2008, 11:33 PM
It is incorrect in any place. Just because it is commonly used does NOT, by any stretch, make it correct. It is equally incorrect on any continent, and makes the person saying it look like a moron. This is the last I'm saying about it,too.

cool i look like a moron all over any continent :thumbsup..i want to look equally stupid...not just here....but all over the world...

the dictionary = equal opportunity at making everyone a moron...:goof

Voodoo Chick
12-15-2008, 11:34 PM
cool i look like a moron all over any continent :thumbsup..i want to look equally stupid...not just here....but all over the world...

the dictionary = equal opportunity at making everyone a moron...:goof

You don't look like a moron, lol!! :D

GRAMPS SS
12-15-2008, 11:39 PM
WELL THANK YOU..but i'm sure sum will differ...ahhhh look i spelt some wrong....:thumbsup

Voodoo Chick
12-16-2008, 12:23 AM
WELL THANK YOU..but i'm sure sum will differ...ahhhh look i spelt some wrong....:thumbsup

It's ok, you have been on this forum pretty long, you get "bad spelling forgiveness privileges" LOL!

Exitspeed
12-16-2008, 10:20 AM
I know it's a common thing around this part of the country but I can't stand people saying "der". Like "it's right over der". Or "dats". Like "Dats the guy I was talkin about."

You know that up northy/cudahy/s.milwaukee accent.

No offense to anyone personally. It just drives me nuts. That was honestly what drove e the most nuts about Palin.

lordairgtar
12-16-2008, 06:58 PM
It's ok, you have been on this forum pretty long, you get "bad spelling forgiveness privileges" LOL!
Yeah, it was hard learning to spell and write with a stick and a pointy rock.

eyeball
12-16-2008, 08:02 PM
I know it's a common thing around this part of the country but I can't stand people saying "der". Like "it's right over der". Or "dats". Like "Dats the guy I was talkin about."

You know that up northy/cudahy/s.milwaukee accent.

Ha. One of my previous employers had this habit of ending almost every sentence with the phrase "er dat". One day, the whole crew tried to give him a taste of his own medicine and ended every sentence we spoke to him with "er dat". We were laughing hysterically half way through the day because he didn't have a clue we were doing it. We seriously couldn't keep up. Especially when he was asking us "Why are you all laughing, er dat?". He must have just tuned out those words and didn't even hear them anymore.

I used to be a spelling and grammar Nazi. Now I just dumb down my speech to piss off other people who it bothers and make others think that I'm as dumb as a brick. Oh wait, I am as dum as a brick. :) Where's da libary?

lordairgtar
12-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Milwaukee is full of these colloquialisms. "Bubbler", "on the corner where the streetcar bends around", "aina". I sees ya gots a new bowling ball, aina? When I moved to California, people couldn't figure out what I was saying, what with all my Polish slang.

lordairgtar
12-16-2008, 11:41 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boontling
I spent a lot of time in this small town in northern California. They have a unique way of speaking with their own lingo. If I say to you "I was talking to you on the bucky walter about some mouse ear", what was I saying? Of course maybe I'm just batting.

Voodoo Chick
12-17-2008, 04:45 AM
I thought of another one that pisses me off: When people say "EL-de-brock" instead of "Edelbrock."

Al
12-17-2008, 03:26 PM
my fav. samwich instead of sandwich

I've kinda been saying that one on purpose lately. Now I'm wondering if people infer that I am uneducated.

Some people say "Ya" and not "yes." I think it is left-over German in our English.

-stew-
12-17-2008, 03:31 PM
I always say "Cheeseburger sandwich" and I always pluralize chicken. As in "I'm fuh gonna eats some KFC chickens".

And I say "alt-nater".

All this just to fuck with people.

johnny--2k
12-17-2008, 03:31 PM
I try not to sea "YA" but YEAH, or YUP/YEP.....

Like, "where am I signign?" "Yup, right there and there"

johnny--2k
12-17-2008, 03:33 PM
I always say "Cheeseburger sandwich" and I always pluralize chicken. As in "I'm fuh gonna eats some KFC chickens".

And I say "alt-nater".

All this just to fuck with people.

I do stuff like that too just for $hits and grins. Like "im goin to get muh hairs cut" (really it's true, all of them, not just one hair)

johnny--2k
12-17-2008, 03:35 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boontling
I spent a lot of time in this small town in northern California. They have a unique way of speaking with their own lingo. If I say to you "I was talking to you on the bucky walter about some mouse ear", what was I saying? Of course maybe I'm just batting.

BAHAHAHAHA! :rolf:rolf:rolf You dirty dirty old man.....that's some funny shit. We need to come up with our own language here on BCM. :wow

johnny--2k
12-17-2008, 03:42 PM
So, I think I might need to levi you since you know where all the mouse ear is round here and I would rather not go madging but I also dont want to rout the kimmie in the boat because then I'll have to have a locking. Maybe a teebow-mute would be nice?

:rolf :rolf

lordairgtar
12-17-2008, 05:44 PM
So, I think I might need to levi you since you know where all the mouse ear is round here and I would rather not go madging but I also dont want to rout the kimmie in the boat because then I'll have to have a locking. Maybe a teebow-mute would be nice?

:rolf :rolf
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

lordairgtar
12-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Me pack-em-out-billies kinda turned off the madge, so no bilch. I didn't have the belhoons anyways so I wasn't gonna see the moldunes or do any molly gormin'. So I guess I'll go home and watch the stiff hats.

johnny--2k
12-17-2008, 06:21 PM
sounds like a plan you motorboatin SOB. :rolf