PDA

View Full Version : Wiper motor question

0TransAm0
12-14-2008, 01:17 PM
ok so i have a 1987 s10 blazer with 4x4 and the 2.8 v6
my question is can i use a non delay wiper motor instead of one with delay(thats what it has stock) i went to autozone to get a new motor and the guy said thet the "pulse module" is the problem and its a dealer part.. from the pictures i have seen online the motors without delay do not have this pulse module on it...
thanks for your help
Mike

Yeehaw
12-14-2008, 05:05 PM
http://www.napaonline.com/masterpages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=470&LineCode=RAY&PartNumber=49191&Description=Wiper+Motor+-+Variable+Speed+-+Front+-+Remfd

im not @ work to check avail. but that would be the one with delay wipers

0TransAm0
12-15-2008, 03:27 PM
http://www.napaonline.com/masterpages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=470&LineCode=RAY&PartNumber=49191&Description=Wiper+Motor+-+Variable+Speed+-+Front+-+Remfd

im not @ work to check avail. but that would be the one with delay wipers

yeah i know that i was about to but one from vatozone but it does not come with the "pulse module" wich ataches to the front of that motor..that is what i think is bad not the motor itself.

the motor's without delay do not have this pulse module on it i was wondering if i could put a motor on without delay if it came with delay stock.....

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-15-2008, 03:47 PM
If the wiring plugs are the same and I think they are. You will just have hi and lo wipers.

Yeehaw
12-15-2008, 04:45 PM
i honestly dont think the plugs are the same...at least on the newer GMs they are not

brotherbenn83
12-15-2008, 06:14 PM
What newer GM do you see without pulse wipers?

Stupid Greg Kinear and his flashes of genius...

Russ Jerome
12-15-2008, 06:51 PM
Regardless ad an external ground to the motor, probably all thats wrong with the old one the internal ground burnt up (mounted on rubber so its the only way it grounds).

Yeehaw
12-15-2008, 08:15 PM
What newer GM do you see without pulse wipers?

Stupid Greg Kinear and his flashes of genius...

never said anything about the pulse modules being different? i dont think there is any newer GM without a pulse board but in different models of different makes with delay or non delay the plugs are completly different finding this out by selling parts and people always wanting the one i have and/or the cheapest

and yea we cant get the pulse module sorry i fail you

0TransAm0
12-16-2008, 08:25 AM
^thanks for looking..
i guess its time to call around to the junkyards.