PDA

View Full Version : Anti-gun libs claim 83% of America supports tougher gun laws.

ND4SPD
12-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Get ready for it. The anti-gun libs are going to kick things into high gear next year. They're already making wild claims that over 3/4ths of America favors gun control.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/media/release.php?release=1085

Of course not one major election featured *ANY* debate on gun control... nor did you hear any of the politicians that won emphasize a pro-gun-control stance. Why? Because anti-gun is a platform killer throughout most of the country and they know it.

shoooo32
12-13-2008, 07:46 PM
I couldn't finish reading... puked in my mouth a little bit. 100% of me says that article was bullshit.

SSDude
12-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Fully 83 percent of all voters favor criminal background checks for all gun sales, including 83 percent of moderates and 84 percent of McCain voters.

Nice piece of spin. These douche bursts of ignorance don't identify what liberal haven they polled for these slanted statistics. Along with ignoring all common sense that criminals will never obey any background checks or bans.

The shit will be coming at us from many fronts and the stupid lazy gun owners of America, the same ones who voted for the gun bannerObama, the same ones who claim they won't ever take away hunting guns, the same ones who are either to cheap to join the NRA or have an axe to grind about the NRA will be the ones whining when it's to late to stop these nuts.
Join the NRA. It's going to take a large group to stop these fvcks.:fire

wrath
12-13-2008, 08:40 PM
To get a handgun in Michigan you first must go to the sheriff and apply for a permit to purchase. You then go purchase. Then you take the firearm and your paperwork to the sheriff. Sheriff signs off and it's now your gun. It keeps whack-jobs from at a whim going and buying a gun then killing someone. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

SSDude
12-13-2008, 09:12 PM
To get a handgun in Michigan you first must go to the sheriff and apply for a permit to purchase. You then go purchase. Then you take the firearm and your paperwork to the sheriff. Sheriff signs off and it's now your gun. It keeps whack-jobs from at a whim going and buying a gun then killing someone. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

And criminals laugh at all the law abiding fools.
If any whack jobs want a gun someone will sell him one for the right price. If a whack job is intending to hurt someone else they won't wait around for the sheriff or a gun.
Can the sheriff deny your permit if he's just a jag off and only wants his friends to have hand guns? That's like trying to get a class 3 firearm permit in Milwaukee County, It'll never happen because the sheriff or police chief doesn't understand the hobby.

It's not reasonable when one person can indiscriminately deny you your right to bear arms.

Reverend Cooper
12-13-2008, 09:29 PM
As I have stated before,I have served my country and they stuffed a weapon in my hand,showed me what one shot one kill meant and taught me to be responsible with it. They will need to pry my leagally purchased and registered weapons from my cold dead hands, If I am good enough to hold a weapon to defend my country I sure as hell am good enough to hold one to defend my family and myself.

Russ Jerome
12-13-2008, 09:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ywCjJr5PUk

All the rumors have removed 90% of the black guns
on local shelfs here in Milwaukee. I felt better after
watching this (and part 2) but worse when I read
everything Obama has said in the past 8 months.

I knew before the election Obama useless, if he signs
the black gun law back in I hope he is shot with a 1958
Winchester bolt gun from 800 meters...and I get to
see it over and over again on tv. Obama is definately
sounding like he will put himself on my top 5 people
I wish to die a painfull death if he pushs these bills
thru. Who would vote that guy in anyway???

What is it Ron Paul said? The constitution is being tore
to pieces every day?

That_Guy
12-13-2008, 10:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joBMq6b4MmE

Russ Jerome
12-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Penn and Teller rock!

You can build a long range sniper gun like mine:
http://sites.google.com/site/miscmicsforlinks/Home/UltraVarmint50mm.JPG
And snipe people from further than you can see but you
wont be able to buy a flimsy barreled, weak grouping
plastic coverd semi auto in the same chambering...

ND4SPD
12-13-2008, 10:38 PM

Wow I guess that law has stopped all the Detroit gang-bangers from buying guns illegally through straw-man purchases, via the black market, or stealing them. Wait... What do you mean Detroit still has one of the highest crime/murder rates in the country? But, people have to go talk to the sheriff to get a gun... how can these criminals be buying guns? They must NOT BE FOLLOWING THE LAW? GO FIGURE!:rolf Yeah, and D.C. had a complete ban on handguns and we saw how well that worked out. Oh, and by the way... you know how guns are basically banned in the UK? Doesn't seem like criminals are having a hard time getting their hands on them...

The gun shown here, a Webley, is up for sale in London for £150, one of hundreds of such weapons that are easily and cheaply available on the streets of the UK's big cities, a Guardian investigation can reveal.

The variety of weapons on offer in Britain is extensive and includes machine guns and shotguns, as well as pistols and converted replicas. A source close to the trade in illegal weapons contacted by the Guardian listed a menu of firearms that are available on the streets of the capital.

"You can get a clean [unused] 9mm automatic for £1,500, a Glock for a couple of grand and you can even make an order for a couple of MAC-10s," he said. "Or you can get a little sawn-off for £150. They're easy enough to get hold of. You'll find one in any poverty area, every estate in London, and it's even easier in Manchester, where there are areas where the police don't go.

"People who use shotguns tend to be lower down the pecking order. There is less use of sawn-off or full length shotguns, and if a criminal wants street cred, he wants a self-loading pistol, a MAC-10 or an Uzi submachine gun."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/aug/30/ukcrime1

If I'm pissed off or wacked out to the point to where I'm going to kill someone... the hoops I have to jump through in Michigan is not going to stop me. If I'm in that big of a hurry I'm just going to get a knife from the kitchen and go stab them, throw a molotov cocktail through their picture window, or hit them with my car.

wrath
12-13-2008, 11:07 PM
And criminals laugh at all the law abiding fools.
If any whack jobs want a gun someone will sell him one for the right price. If a whack job is intending to hurt someone else they won't wait around for the sheriff or a gun.
Can the sheriff deny your permit if he's just a jag off and only wants his friends to have hand guns? That's like trying to get a class 3 firearm permit in Milwaukee County, It'll never happen because the sheriff or police chief doesn't understand the hobby.

It's not reasonable when one person can indiscriminately deny you your right to bear arms.

I've watched Moms buy handguns for their kids in Flint, MI at Gander Mountain. The law stops people from irrationally getting a gun legally to do something stupid. You can kind of legislate stupid but it's difficult. You can try. I'm just saying it's a reasonable law to have. It doesn't prevent a reasonable human being from buying anything. Heck, in Michigan they can charge a fee for the permit but most of them don't.

If you outlaw guns, the only people that will have guns are outlaws.

No one is going to get my guns. I'll bury them in the yard and report them stolen before the government gets mine. I now have ~7,000 rounds of .40SW never been fired squirreled away. I've got another ~3,500 handloads and 20lbs of powder at any given time for it. And that's just for my one pistol that was to be my concealed carry if I were still in Michigan. Nevermind .44mag, .45ACP, .308, and .303 British. Or my trusty 870 Express 12 gauge.

Wow I guess that law has stopped all the Detroit gang-bangers from buying guns illegally through straw-man purchases, via the black market, or stealing them. Wait... What do you mean Detroit still has one of the highest crime/murder rates in the country? But, people have to go talk to the sheriff to get a gun... how can these criminals be buying guns? They must NOT BE FOLLOWING THE LAW? GO FIGURE!:rolf Yeah, and D.C. had a complete ban on handguns and we saw how well that worked out. Oh, and by the way... you know how guns are basically banned in the UK? Doesn't seem like criminals are having a hard time getting their hands on them...

Anywhere people are known to have guns crime is much less. Burglaries and assaults never happen in Israel because damn near everyone has a gun in the home. Where does gun violence happen most? Where there are none. If Wisconsin had concealed carry I can guarantee you crime would go down. It did in Michigan once the CCW law got modified so more than just select business people with a proven need could get them. At one time it was VERY difficult to get CCW in Michigan.

Taetsch Z-24
12-14-2008, 01:11 PM
As I have stated before,I have served my country and they stuffed a weapon in my hand,showed me what one shot one kill meant and taught me to be responsible with it. They will need to pry my leagally purchased and registered weapons from my cold dead hands, If I am good enough to hold a weapon to defend my country I sure as hell am good enough to hold one to defend my family and myself.

x2.:thumbsup
(Ooh-Raa)

Im glad, here at home, I have a M1 Paratrooper carbine next to me, in my desk a CZ85, and behind me a CetMe G3, all condition one (that's just the computer room).

I feel Confident that if my wife in the other room screamed because a "criminal" (some times with a Kevlar hide on) broke in, I would be able to defend her.

More so, why is it the people that go around proclaiming the First Amendment is so important, are the first one's to Shit one the Second?

My 1911 comes with me most places I go. Its good to be a MP.

Chris

SSDude
12-14-2008, 02:04 PM
I've watched Moms buy handguns for their kids in Flint, MI at Gander Mountain. The law stops people from irrationally getting a gun legally to do something stupid. You can kind of legislate stupid but it's difficult. You can try. I'm just saying it's a reasonable law to have. It doesn't prevent a reasonable human being from buying anything. Heck, in Michigan they can charge a fee for the permit but most of them don't.

If you outlaw guns, the only people that will have guns are outlaws.

No one is going to get my guns. I'll bury them in the yard and report them stolen before the government gets mine. I now have ~7,000 rounds of .40SW never been fired squirreled away. I've got another ~3,500 handloads and 20lbs of powder at any given time for it. And that's just for my one pistol that was to be my concealed carry if I were still in Michigan. Nevermind .44mag, .45ACP, .308, and .303 British. Or my trusty 870 Express 12 gauge.

Anywhere people are known to have guns crime is much less. Burglaries and assaults never happen in Israel because damn near everyone has a gun in the home. Where does gun violence happen most? Where there are none. If Wisconsin had concealed carry I can guarantee you crime would go down. It did in Michigan once the CCW law got modified so more than just select business people with a proven need could get them. At one time it was VERY difficult to get CCW in Michigan.

It's not reasonable when one person (the Sheriff) can indiscriminately deny you your right to bear arms.

MurphysLaw88GT
12-14-2008, 03:37 PM

whack jobs in England seem to do pretty good at getting them

Taetsch Z-24
12-14-2008, 05:40 PM
When its unlawful to own a gun, only outlaws will have them.

No, I Do not trust Shara Brady to make the world a safer place.

And about the Michigan hand gun BS.

What's from stopping, the um, criminal, from buying a shotgun, some buck shot, and a hack saw at Gander?

That Firearm would be a lot better at killing than a hand gun.

hell a car is in that case.

Chris

Voodoo Chick
12-15-2008, 03:53 AM
I am so ******* sick to death of the "no guns, let's all hug" types I seriously wanna puke. What the hell do these idiots use for brains anyway? Tofu? Guns make me a little uneasy because I have never shot one, and I don't know how, but I am certainly NOT anti-gun. I have terrible aim, is all, lol! But to the people that want guns removed from the hands of the citizens, that just pisses me off. So, if a criminal with an illegal gun busts into your house, what do these tree-hugging a**holes think you're supposed to do? Politely ask the person to not shoot you?? Whatever.

SSDude
12-15-2008, 05:42 AM
I am so ******* sick to death of the "no guns, let's all hug" types I seriously wanna puke. What the hell do these idiots use for brains anyway? Tofu? Guns make me a little uneasy because I have never shot one, and I don't know how, but I am certainly NOT anti-gun. I have terrible aim, is all, lol! But to the people that want guns removed from the hands of the citizens, that just pisses me off. So, if a criminal with an illegal gun busts into your house, what do these tree-hugging a**holes think you're supposed to do? Politely ask the person to not shoot you?? Whatever.

I think they believe the police will protect you. As we all know the cops are never there when you really need them.

MurphysLaw88GT
12-15-2008, 11:56 AM
dont worry. when seconds count, the police are just minutes away

ND4SPD
12-15-2008, 04:58 PM
People these days are completely losing any and all sense of taking care of themselves. They want government to do everything for them. I see people day in and day out that could just as easily drive themselves to urgent care (and probably be seen quicker)... but they'd rather take that $800 ambulance ride to the ER only to sit there and wait 4 to 6 hours because their injury/illness isn't an emergency. So, it doesn't surprise me that people don't know what it means to be your own first responder when it comes to crime.

That_Guy
12-15-2008, 05:13 PM
dont worry. when seconds count, the police are just minutes away

this is why every house i live in will have a loaded firearm in it

HITMAN
12-15-2008, 11:06 PM

That's because you are retarded. If I'm that angry that I feel the need to waste somebody, I'm going to do it in the most expedient way possible. If I didn't already own guns and had to purchase one to get the job done, I'd just go and buy an example of that most sporting of weapons, the good old 12 gauge scatter gun. A nice Mossberg pump or an 870 would do. Cut off the stock and the barrel if I need concealability. Fill it with some 3" 00 buck and voilą, I now have the closest thing to a claymore mine that any civilian needs. The perfect anti-personnel device. No 48 hours, no extra bullshit background check and no homo law enforcement permission slip. :rolleyes:

Show me the clause in the Second Amendment where it says that local law enforcement gets to decide whether or not a law abiding non-felon gets to purchase a gun. Background checks and 48hr waiting periods are ridiculous enough without having to inject more big brother into the process. Garbage. Leave it to a goonion idiot to be okay with more government interferance... :punch:

Do us all a favor and move your sorry liberal UAW loving ass back to Michigan... :loser

MurphysLaw88GT
12-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Most Dangerous introduction:

Hello
I'm from the Government, and I am here to help...

MurphysLaw88GT
12-15-2008, 11:11 PM
That's because you are retarded. If I'm that angry that I feel the need to waste somebody, I'm going to do it in the most expedient way possible. If I didn't already own guns and had to purchase one to get the job done, I'd just go and buy an example of that most sporting of weapons, the good old 12 gauge scatter gun. A nice Mossberg pump or an 870 would do. Cut off the stock and the barrel if I need concealability. Fill it with some 3" 00 buck and voilą, I now have the closest thing to a claymore mine that any civilian needs. The perfect anti-personnel device. No 48 hours, no extra bullshit background check and no homo law enforcement permission slip. :rolleyes:

Show me the clause in the Second Amendment where it says that local law enforcement gets to decide whether or not a law abiding non-felon gets to purchase a gun. Background checks and 48hr waiting periods are ridiculous enough without having to inject more big brother into the process. Garbage. Leave it to a goonion idiot to be okay with more government interferance... :punch:

As per usual, I agree with this. People should stop trying to interpret the constitution. Perhaps it was written for a reason. And yes, shotgun=claymore:rolf I did not mind getting a CLEO to sign off,the sheriffs were happy to do it, but to buy a handgun cmon.