Koni coil-over suspension
Rear disc brakes with vented rotors
seam-welded and gusseted K-frame
Rear axle has extra bracing welded in
12-gallon plastic fuel cell with foam inserts
Some interior sheet metal has been removed for weight reduction
Custom-built rear strut tower brace
Belt-line body seam has been filled
Gas door, right-side mirror, rear side-marker lights, antenna mount, and right door lock have all been shaved
H4 replaceable bulb headlights
Rear bumper shaved, all seams filled (needs finishing)
Front bumper moved in 3 inches. (total: nine inches shorter than stock)

A-523 5-speed trans with shortened shifter and 3.77:1 final drive
T2/T3 hybrid clutch

'89 T-2 bottom end with forged crankshaft, forged connecting rods, and Venolia forged pistons (standard bore, machined for press-fit pins)
less than 2K miles on rebuild
Forward Motion Inforcer 2 turbo (50-trim B-wheel, .63 A/R stage 3 turbine)
FM 475 slider cam
Fidanza adjustable cam pulley

Car is wired for SMEC, currently has '89 T-II computer
Custom ground wiring, battery moved to passenger side
Battery is a DieHard Gold garden tractor battery, 335CCA
Faze Boost gauge (indiglo-style)
Autometer fuel gauge (needs a new sender)
2.5" downpipe into 3"pipe all the way back
New 3" in/out Vibrant SS muffler.
Fast as hell, even without an intercooler.
Easily wound up to 15psi, through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd without hitting boost cut-out. Can probably handle 20-25, with an IC. I turned it down to 12PSI, as it does it cut-out with a passenger.

Ground effects are complete. has 16" PT cruiser wheels with Goodyear Eagle GS-D3 205/55-16s. Correct yellow speed sensor gear, so speedometer does read correctly. Have the blue gear for factory tire size. Tires are 6 years old, but only have 20K miles on them.
Brand new headlight bulbs, Alternator/Water pump belt, windshield wipers

The bad:
Interior consists of a dashboard (with holes in it), Omni passenger seat (driver's side) Spirit Passenger seat (pass side), floor mats. Every thing else is gone.
Aside from the factory cluster, only the boost gauge works properly, except there is no light. (I haven't installed the transformer for it)
The dashboard wiring is an insane mess.
When the fuel gauge works, it says the tank is over-full, no matter how much fuel is in it. (currently, about 5 gallons)
There is some rust in the front wheel wells, along the seams of the strut tower. Haven't had the time to fix it, but it isn't bad. Car is easy to take apart, should you need to fix it.
There was some rust on the passenger floorboard which has been removed, but not repaired. I have sheet metal available for it.
This car cannot be returned to stock. There has been way too much sheet metal work to put back. The rear doors have no internal bracing, so there are no handles inside to open them, and no linkage to install locking mechanisms, aside from what is on the latch. There is also no glass om them, rear door windows are currently Lexan.
Parking brake is AWOL. I have a handle, and that is it.
Passenger side axle let go a few weeks ago. Wasn't even racing or driving it hard, the brace pulled the bolts out of the bracket.

This is a race car. Pure and simple. If you don't want a race car, look elsewhere.
$2500 or acceptable offer.

More pics are available here:
http://www.extremepsi.org/gallery/TimmAys_pics?page=13
http://www.extremepsi.org/gallery/TimmAys_pics?page=16
http://www.extremepsi.org/gallery/TimmAys_pics?page=17

http://www.extremepsi.org/gallery/albums/TimmAys_pics/DSCN0009.sized.jpg

rally_scort
12-11-2008, 10:04 PM
this is the one from the BCM show this year, correct? Ive seen it driving around town a few times, looks like a cool little car.

STANMAN
12-11-2008, 10:16 PM
These cars can be made to go VERY fast. 1st and 2nd place at the 2006 SRT Nationals were both Omni GLHS's running 10.8's. Neat little cars for sure, sleeper city!!!

Waver
12-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Ahhhh memories of my 86 glhs......mmmmmmm if I had the money.....we will see if the car is still available in a few months

Russ Jerome
12-12-2008, 09:40 AM
The custom 16v DOHC Hybrid motor the car had when I owned it is available as well Im told. I dont have a pic handy but this was the flat black omni with the intake sticking thru the hood at GLD a few years back, low/flat 12's on street tires and pump gas (automatic then). The chassis handles incredible, closes thing to a go kart I've ever driven. Its posted as a race car but I drove it daily for years when I had it....but I drive a 1978 moped usualy.