PDA

View Full Version : What is the baddest car you have ever seen?

jbiscuit
12-10-2008, 10:46 AM
can be something you saw in person, in a magazine, on the intarweb..anything. Lots of badass hot rods out there so lets see them :headbang

Crawlin
12-10-2008, 10:52 AM
I'll keep going back to it....

Nick Scavo's Impala... HANDS DOWN!

Then Chuck Samuels 3rd gen Camaro

Then Chuck Samuels '65 El Camino

jbiscuit
12-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Pat's Imp from Rod N Competition has to be up there...

Prince Valiant
12-10-2008, 11:09 AM
The "Silver Bullet", a 1967 Plymouth GTX built by a skunk works crew at Mopar.

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5805&stc=1&d=1228928338

Basically, it was Mopar's secret street-racing car from the woodward avenue days. Built to further the reputation of the Mopar cars out there (to which they truly were the "baddest" on the road), a skunk work's crew of Mopar engineers, with mother mopar's blessing, built it.

Basically, a high compression, radical solid cammed (all hemi's had solid lifter cams prior to 1970...but this one is a good 40 degrees bigger than stock), specially developed/ported AL hemi heads, dual 780 cfm carbs (stock is 625)....and, oh yeah, it also was stroked to 487ci's!

To reduce the attention that such an engine going down the street would call to it, 4 cadillac mufflers were used...supressing sound while giving acceptable back-pressure.

Car was reported to run low 10's as set-up for the street. Being the late 60's, that was dramatically fast!

Essentially, it was a racing advertisement for the underground street-racing set. Pretty cool that an auto-maker did that :thumbsup

Karps TA
12-10-2008, 11:10 AM
2 years ago at World of Wheels Milwaukee there was a custom/pro touring 69 Firebird that I was absolutely in love with. That's probably my all time favorite that I've seen in person.

Voodoo Chick
12-10-2008, 01:24 PM
My '79 Camaro. She's the "baddest" car I've ever seen. I know I mentioned this in some other thread, but it seems more appropriate here, once at a car show, a guy was eyeing her up, and said to me "this thing looks like it would eat it's own young...." WEIRD comment, but still sort of funny/cool, lol!!

JC70SS
12-10-2008, 01:58 PM
67 Vette with a 588" motor....oh I forgot to mention twin turbo also! 1500rwhp.:headbang

juicedimpss
12-10-2008, 02:02 PM
i think it changes almost every year.
seems to be badass shit coming out all the time.

jbiscuit
12-10-2008, 02:04 PM
i think it changes almost every year.
seems to be badass shit coming out all the time.

agreed..... :thumbsup

DR.FORD
12-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Years ago at the 'Grove, back when Pro Stars first came out (80s), there was a '69 Nova, black with purple and blue pinstripes, said "Mickey Trash" on the doors, "Bad MF" on the back. Looking past the wheels, which is why I first looked at it anyway, I saw a tall deck block, two Doms, a Lenco and ladder bar- floater arrangement. When he pushed the license plate down to put on the 'chute, I was blown away, 'cause you just didn't see that stuff yet. I waited all night to see him make a pass. Finally he pulls in the water, back when the box was further back, and did a ***** burnout. then he did 3 dry hops. Tree comes down and he dead hooked and put the car straight up in the air and bounced the car straight up off of the rear bumper!! I thought it was going over for sure, so did everyone else. I was just blown away a "street car with plates" could do this. He landed, bent the pan, front rims, etc. then restarted the car and went back to the pits. We walked over and the dude was as white as a ghost! I asked him what the Altimeter read, and he busted out laughing, saying he was pissed 'cause he just had the front end aligned!! That day I gained total respect for Chevrolets, and will never forget it. I have seen alot of bad ass Fords, but this one was a memory-maker. By the way, of course it was an Illinois plate:devil

DRK
12-10-2008, 03:23 PM
GT40/P1021

http://www.shelbyamericancollection.org/collection/p1021.shtml

GRAMPS SS
12-10-2008, 11:06 PM
2 years ago at World of Wheels Milwaukee there was a custom/pro touring 69 Firebird that I was absolutely in love with. That's probably my all time favorite that I've seen in person.

that car is now driven...my buddy with the 63 super stock knows him from the car shows we went to for I.S.C.A....that car is sweeeet......

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THE SILVER BULLIT.....

CHRIS.wasn't some of the guys from RAMCHARGERS involved with that build since they worked for the plant at the time...????????????

Prince Valiant
12-10-2008, 11:32 PM
CHRIS.wasn't some of the guys from RAMCHARGERS involved with that build since they worked for the plant at the time...????????????I'd have to think so...in particular, Tom Hoover who is considered the Father of the 426 Hemi...since not only was he the driving force of the ramchargers, but then later of the 426 Hemi, even up until the 80's, he was THE guy who had his hand in anything related to development of racing engines from the factory.

Sprayaway Fox
12-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Have to say back in the Fondy days. Cuda green firebird 79 ish, tilt nosed front end and a Goza scoop with I think a stroker poncho in it, Aluminum dash and blacked out rims. So black i dont even know what they were in the streetlites. Word is it ran 9's on gas which on the steet got everybodies attention.
KRAUSED's regal also: Canary yellow, 302 SBC knockin dicks off on country roads with no prep. Even the 440's took notice. That made a memory when was 16 17.

jbiscuit
12-11-2008, 07:40 AM
Harrell COPO 427 Nova

http://www.sonic.net/bbdon/features/harrell/harrell3.jpg

http://www.sonic.net/bbdon/features/harrell/harrell2.jpg