PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Places

VroomPshhTsi
12-09-2008, 09:27 PM
What places do you guys recommend to escape the WI winter?

I'm looking at probably somewhere in southern Florida.
Naples, Ft Meyer, Miami, or Key West

I haven't vacationed in a long ass time, need to know what options are out there. Flight+hotel prices really aren't as bad as I thought they might be.

Hawaii is another option but a little more pricey.

I'm looking for a mid-range hotel, money is an issue but I don't want the lowest of the low.

VroomPshhTsi
12-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Also not ruling out Mexico or places like that. I'm looking to travel somewhere between mid January to early February.

GinoRin
12-09-2008, 09:44 PM
I just got back from 7 days in southern Florida tonite. I was in the Naples area and then over to Palm Beach Gardens at the PGA National resort. (gotta love those work trips) I highly recommend the national if you're a golfer. If you want nitelife, miami kicks ass, and if you just want a real high end downtown-ish area with a lot of good restaurants, go to Naples.

Hope that helps :thumbsup

Voodoo Chick
12-09-2008, 09:45 PM
IMO, I would think visiting the desert, maybe Arizona, New Mexico, or something like that would be an absolutely awesome vacation. I have heard that the hotels and resort area there aren't too pricey, either.

pOrk
12-09-2008, 10:29 PM
Key West is all gays, not fun.

CATNHAT
12-10-2008, 06:49 AM
We have a condo on Sanibel Island that we rent out. 2Br/2Bath with a loft and screened lenai (sp?) We just remodeled it with new carpet furniture, granite tops, etc. Has a pool, and is a 1 min walk to the beach. Sanibel is close to Fort Meyers, Estero, Marco, Naples so you can see a lot of other communities if you want.

Send me a pm for more info.

Have Fun!

jbiscuit
12-10-2008, 07:33 AM
Naples

Exitspeed
12-10-2008, 07:55 AM
Jamaica. It's actually not that expensive.

How long are you looking to stay and what is your budget. Sandals packages are cheap cheap right now. The travel industry is hurting just like everyone else and they are giving shit away.

I've been to Jamaica twice. Once for our honey moon and then we went back the next year (last year) cause we missed it sooo much.

What kind of environment are you looking for? Party? Relaxing? Adventure?

If you want to relax and not worry about someone hitting on your wife, then Sandals is perfect because it's couples only.

Otherwise Beaches I think allows couples.

All inclusive is the way to go though. You don't have to think twice about ordering that lobster or getting a glass of Courvoisier to sip on.

Jamaica is just beautiful. The people are friendly as hell. You could tell one of them to go to hell and they would just be like NO problem Mon! Yes they actually do speak like that. Oh and they are not like a lot of black people here in America. They are very appreciative and polite and great looking people. I mean that all int he least racist way possible. It's more matter of fact.

JC70SS
12-10-2008, 08:13 AM
Jamaica:chair: Everyone I know that goes there will NEVER go back!

Watch out in Miami I would read trip advisor for hotel opinions. They are hit and miss there.

xxtremeteam
12-10-2008, 08:15 AM
we leave friday morning for al all inclusive trip to cancun, flying out from chicago direct i think it was in 1300 a person range

VroomPshhTsi
12-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Looking for more of a party time. Somewhere close to a beach with good bars close by.

Budget for hotel+flight is around 500-700.

nitrous
12-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Puerto Vallarta

/thread

PureSound15
12-12-2008, 09:44 AM
My girlfriends parents have a home in Ft. Meyers - we have a blast every time we go down there (and with $200 direct flights through Midwest from Appleton... we go all the time).

Awesome place - weird mix of old people and young people but it's cool.

CobraSnake
12-12-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm going to Hawaii at the end of january. I'll let you know how it goes.

Mark

Exitspeed
12-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Jamaica:chair: Everyone I know that goes there will NEVER go back!

Watch out in Miami I would read trip advisor for hotel opinions. They are hit and miss there.

Strange cause I know tons of people that have been there and can't wait to go back. My wife and I went two years in a row. And if it weren't for this f*cked up economy we would have went again this year.

If they stayed in Montego Bay, I can see why they wouldn't like it. Waaaay too touristy and hectic. Not much of a vacation for me. It's too stressful there. Don't skimp on the resort. Spend the loot and you won't regret it. Our first trip there was $4500. Last year we got a hell of a deal for being returning guests and only stayed 5 nights and it was a lot less, like $2500.

lordairgtar
12-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Key West is all gays, not fun.
not if yer gay.

Prince Valiant
12-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Of the places you list, Naples appeals to me the most...simply because I love to fish out there. 10,000 island region of FL has some of the best near shore fishing I've ever experienced (fish like snook, bonefish, snapper, Pompano, and even large sharks such as Bull, lemon, and Hammerhead).

Also another favorite is the BBQ down there...

But that's me...I'm a redneck.

Yeehaw
12-12-2008, 08:46 PM
i would tell you but i never get off...i get a weeks paid vacation im not allowed to use

shoooo32
12-13-2008, 01:15 AM
I've gone to riviera maya mexico the last couple winters. a NICE all inclusive runs about $1600 a week with airfare. Florida is nice but it can't beat the beaches and hospitality of mexico.

Exitspeed
12-13-2008, 08:58 AM
I've gone to riviera maya mexico the last couple winters. a NICE all inclusive runs about $1600 a week with airfare. Florida is nice but it can't beat the beaches and hospitality of mexico.

Per person? We've been thinking about going there.

domokun
12-13-2008, 10:12 AM
me and the women just picked up a vacation to Riveria Maya mexico through apple vacation for 6nights 7days all inclusive for 1200 a person :) that includes flight, drinks, food, entertainment, and shuttle.

you can for for 4-5 days for like 700-800 each

it could have been cheaper but we are staying at the dreams puerto aventuras which is like "6" apple hotel

look it apple vacations :)

boostaddict14
12-13-2008, 10:27 AM
Im on a year long vacation its pretty sweet.

I recommend the French Riviera and any Mediterranean coastline.

lordairgtar
12-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Try Santa Barbara, California. Beautiful city on the ocean, great restaurants, surfing, whale watching tours, ocean fishing, hawt UCSB babes. I used to live there.
http://www.santabarbaradowntown.com/