PDA

View Full Version : DNR starts making excuses on low whitetail numbers

That_Guy
12-09-2008, 09:27 AM
This has me steaming hot pissed off just reading this article they pretty much say what there agenda is... cock suckers

also alot of there numbers are bullshit because they aren't per capita

:flipoff2:http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/35791464.html

DirtyMax
12-09-2008, 09:53 AM
They'll never admit they messed up the whole population. But on the back side, they're probably getting alot of heat from insurance companies to keep the deer numbers down (accidents, crop damage, etc.). The DNR and the state would probably much rather have pissed off hunters than pissed off insurance companies.

Silver03SRT
12-09-2008, 05:29 PM
How about the reason we are having more car accidents invovling deer is because we keep building and the deer have no where to go. I think the count is WAY LOWER than the DNR says but we build in there enviornment and thats why there are more accidents. What once used to be farm fields and woods is now shopping malls and subdivisons.

Rocket Power
12-09-2008, 06:15 PM
If it wasn't stupid Earn A Buck by me there would be 2 less deer in the state and one in my freezer

MurphysLaw88GT
12-09-2008, 07:34 PM
How about the reason we are having more car accidents invovling deer is because we keep building and the deer have no where to go. I think the count is WAY LOWER than the DNR says but we build in there enviornment and thats why there are more accidents. What once used to be farm fields and woods is now shopping malls and subdivisons.

no shit.....I hate seeing new crap ass subdivisions

70 cutlass 442
12-09-2008, 09:25 PM

Beat me to it, these assholes need to take a few crash courses in basic statistics.

theavenger333
12-09-2008, 09:26 PM
they got caught, there is NO way to truly get an even decent estimation of the deer population. its just not possible. it's always been that way. they got caught because for the first time in awhile, the kills were at a serious low. was it a fluke? who knows. are the deer moving south? who knows. there are SO many factors to this, one major one was listed above, we're moving into their habitat. there is also NO actual number of how much of the herd was wiped out by CWD. its just dumb they tell us there are 30billion deer, and the kills are way off.

Silver03SRT
12-09-2008, 10:06 PM
All I can say is its about cash and thats it. The DNR wants the money. They mismanaged the bear population and now say there are 2 times as many bear in the state then they said hte year before. So instead of keeping the application fee at 3 dollars they raised it because they are giving out more tags now. Think about all the money they make on just the application. Every year 70K plus apply and only a small percentage gets teh tag. It now takes 7 to 8 preference points in order to get a tag.

That_Guy
12-10-2008, 07:18 AM
All I can say is its about cash and thats it. The DNR wants the money. They mismanaged the bear population and now say there are 2 times as many bear in the state then they said hte year before. So instead of keeping the application fee at 3 dollars they raised it because they are giving out more tags now. Think about all the money they make on just the application. Every year 70K plus apply and only a small percentage gets teh tag. It now takes 7 to 8 preference points in order to get a tag.

SO TRUE they should be giving away bear permits like crazy... i saw 6 this summer.. just walking through the woods

Bart H
12-10-2008, 03:36 PM
The Deer are there, they are just getting smarter. The second one I shot was 25yard from the stand I was in. 1/2 hour after shooting it I got down and went to go gut it. Walking there here I see a big doe laying there with frost still on itnot more than 30 feet from the Stand I was in. I shot twice right over it's head and it stayed hunkered down. Isaw more deer trace than I have in a long time but really didn't see that many deer, until the last day when it was snowing.

Russ Jerome
12-10-2008, 06:24 PM
The Deer are there, they are just getting smarter. .

I was drunk laying across the fireplace and shining out the window up
north, I remeber saying "look at all those F-ing deer we're gonna be back
here eatin breakfast by 8am". We all laughed but it wasnt to funny as we
all came back in at noon or so empty handed. Following night was the same
deal I counted 14 deer around our property, still dark they we're heading
for cover before first light. I ended up just taking a doe for the "get burned
for a buck" tag on a dare for a diffiult shot.

brewcity_mach1
12-10-2008, 09:08 PM
any of you hear the latest? it was in todays journal sentinal. they wanted to cancel the antlerless hunt because the count was low and no one saw anything. the reason why they didnt cancel it was because "biological information form the dnr" that it will go as planned.

oh yeah! they were saying that the reason nobody saw any deer was because the opening weekend temperatures were too cold and on average, a hunter was only in the woods for 2 hours those two days. lmfao!!!!

Taetsch Z-24
12-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Weekend before deer season, driving from Medford to Merell, i counted more then 25 deer. Hunting second weekend, i saw 0.

And the whole "we are in there land" crap,

Are we not part of this ecosystem too? we just happen to be at the top.

Silver03SRT
12-10-2008, 10:28 PM
The numbers speak for themselves. The count was 20% lower thats not just because of cold weather. Deer move more during colder weather because they have to eat to keep themselves warm. Plus it was one day of cold weather. The second day was actually pretty nice. I was in my stand until 12 and got back in at 1.

That_Guy
12-11-2008, 07:42 AM
any of you hear the latest? it was in todays journal sentinal. they wanted to cancel the antlerless hunt because the count was low and no one saw anything. the reason why they didnt cancel it was because "biological information form the dnr" that it will go as planned.

oh yeah! they were saying that the reason nobody saw any deer was because the opening weekend temperatures were too cold and on average, a hunter was only in the woods for 2 hours those two days. lmfao!!!!

face palm

:chair:

That_Guy
12-11-2008, 07:44 AM
The numbers speak for themselves. The count was 20% lower thats not just because of cold weather. Deer move more during colder weather because they have to eat to keep themselves warm. Plus it was one day of cold weather. The second day was actually pretty nice. I was in my stand until 12 and got back in at 1.

i was in my stand all day.. of course i was sleeping for the most part :rolf

seriously though i was in my stand all day for about 4 days before i decided that i was going to go find deer if they weren't going to find me