PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Petty gets the boot?

Yooformula
12-08-2008, 07:44 PM
anyone else read this yet? cant believe the new merger leaves him fired from his family's company. damm!

DirtyMax
12-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Looks to be true...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/from_the_marbles/post/Kyle-Petty-shares-name-little-else-with-new-Pet?urn=nascar,127828

MoCkiN U
12-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Is the that good of a race car driver to begin with? Or is his lack of sucess more to do with inferior equipment & team funds invested

Yooformula
12-09-2008, 08:01 PM
he may not be a great driver but next year would be the first time in nascar history that a Petty isnt behind the wheel. I just figured he had more stake in the family business though too.

theavenger333
12-09-2008, 09:21 PM
he knew how to drive, was an average to above average driver. the company didn't have the tech or research anymore, and Kyle went down in ability a bit. i think what will hurt is from what i read (i did a paper on the Petty family for a buisness class) is that Kyle was the brains of the operation. he was in charge of a lot of the things that built Petty racing and such. now whether their lack of success is due to him, i dunno, but they're loosing a leader more then anything. disapointing to not have a petty racing either

97z2801ss
12-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Bobby labontes out too a PE. Kyle should have hung it up a while ago, why do u just wanna ride around in the back??? he was good in the 42 mello yello car then it fell.. down i think his last win was in the 42 coors car......

Richard and kyle were at words with each other after the season aswell about things..... they didnt want him even though wells fargo said theyd go ware kyle does.

Yooformula
12-13-2008, 09:45 PM
IMO, I think Kyle lost it when his son died.

Holeshot
12-13-2008, 09:51 PM
IMO, I think Kyle lost it when his son died.

I couldn't agree more. Adam died from the same injury that killed Dale Sr. Kyle and Patty spend most of their time with the Charity they created. The Victory Junction Gang.

I don't think I could jump into a race are and run the same track my son died at. I give Jr a lot of props for over coming the loss of his father and sticking with Nascar.

Yooformula
12-13-2008, 09:54 PM
totally agree!

Voodoo Chick
12-16-2008, 12:30 AM
I really like the Pettys, it's sad to see this happening.