PDA

View Full Version : Need a rebuilt crank for my sled, any suggestions?

badass88gt
12-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Looking for a rebuilt craNK FOR an MXZ 670HO. Central or Northern Wisconsin would be great but I can ship the crank if needed. Thanks-Dan

Trutildeathxxx
12-08-2008, 05:37 PM
what happened to your crank, completely junk or just needs rods or bearings

badass88gt
12-08-2008, 07:30 PM
PTO bearings are junk and wore a groove into the end shaft. A local guy here called me and said being a multi-piece crank, he can get me just that end and rebuild it with new bearings and re-true it. We'll see what kind of price he comes up with, said it should be half of what a rebuilt costs.

Trutildeathxxx
12-08-2008, 08:15 PM
good call, we can do it down here as well if that doesnt work with him

badass88gt
12-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Have you ever heard of CVTech up in Canada?

These guys are popular on DooTalk for bearings and cranks. They have an online catalog for all their stuff. One of the big things is they get rid of those plastic "carriers" inside the bearing that the balls ride on. I need 35x72x17 bearings for the PTO side, but they list like 9 different bearings that size. You know anything about the differences?

http://www.cvtech-aab.com/DocumentsAtelechager/2008/catalogue_11-08/roulement_vilebrequins.pdf

Trutildeathxxx
12-08-2008, 10:06 PM
i have never heard anything about them but will look into it tomorrow

juicedimpss
12-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Have you ever heard of CVTech up in Canada?

These guys are popular on DooTalk for bearings and cranks. They have an online catalog for all their stuff. One of the big things is they get rid of those plastic "carriers" inside the bearing that the balls ride on. I need 35x72x17 bearings for the PTO side, but they list like 9 different bearings that size. You know anything about the differences?

http://www.cvtech-aab.com/DocumentsAtelechager/2008/catalogue_11-08/roulement_vilebrequins.pdf

watch out,there are tight and loose tolerance bearings. I know alot of guys run into problems running the wrong bearing and it tears itself up in a short time.
didnt you just get this sled?

badass88gt
12-09-2008, 04:17 PM
watch out,there are tight and loose tolerance bearings. I know alot of guys run into problems running the wrong bearing and it tears itself up in a short time.
didnt you just get this sled?

Yeah Ive had it for a couple weeks. I got the info from CV Tech on which bearings I need.