PDA

View Full Version : bought another truck

Yeehaw
12-08-2008, 12:49 PM
it was too good of a deal to pass up. Truck has some rust but it is a mid 90s ford bought it for 3500 bucks though. Bought it from the original owner. Unfortunately the title says the bank still owns it and the guy couldnt find the paper work saying the lean was paid off so he had to have the bank send him another and it takes 5-7 business days so guess it wont be titled yet playing the waiting game sucks.

7.3 PSD all stock except a cat delete
brand new turbo
new glow plugs
and plenty other new goodies

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/sriddccrocks/psd1.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/sriddccrocks/psd2.jpg

SmokinRAM114
12-08-2008, 12:58 PM
was this truck fs on clevland?? i think i seen it there

Yeehaw
12-08-2008, 01:32 PM
yea it sat there for along time and he kept lowering the price found her on the CL

Crawlin
12-08-2008, 01:44 PM
COOL TRUCK. good buy, would be awesome as a racecar hauler

DirtyMax
12-08-2008, 01:46 PM
I hope for your sake that he wasnt bullshitting you about the title lien thing. If there is a lien and he doesn't/didn't pay it off and just took your $$ and ran, you might have just purchased a $3500 yard tractor.

mrz28M6
12-08-2008, 01:48 PM
yea i hope u didnt give him the full amount! i would have put money down and upon receiving the title, pay the rest and take the truck.

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Yea that was a F'ing steal, it must be bank owned.

If the title is whacked I guess you can always part it, tho the lien holder probably would not appreciate that much.

Yeehaw
12-08-2008, 01:58 PM
well the guy has been keepin me updated guess were see this week or else ill have to figure something out but at least i know where the guy lives and his name

Prince Valiant
12-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Deals with lien's on it, I've always done AT the bank the lien is held ensureing that the lien is satisfied prior to the sale (even if I've got to put up the money to satisfy the lien), then paying the balance for the vehicle....with witnesses to the whole transaction who are informed as to how the deal will go down.

PureSound15
12-08-2008, 02:08 PM
I bought my CL for 8,000 less than KBB because it had a lein on it. I did what prince did though, I went to the bank with him to pay it off and took the clear title from there :)

And to think I almost paid 8k more on a different one the night before. Yay for taking advantage of people that owe other people money!

Crawlin
12-08-2008, 02:15 PM
you guys are looking too short sighted....

if you get a loan on a car, then pay it off, the bank doesn't send you a new title, they send you the lien release form that you are responsible to take to the DMV to get a new title. if you never do and just staple it on to the title, when you go to trade it in, the lien release is accepted even though the title has the name still on it. This guy probably just lost the lien release. You'd be amazed at how many people just DO NOT have their lien releases, hell even their title to cars they are trading in.

First thing to do, look at the date on the title. When was it issued? Anything longer than 5 years ago, And it's safe to say it's been paid off. No one is doing anything longer than a 2 year secured loan on a truck that is 15 years old anyways. If anything at all.

0TransAm0
12-08-2008, 02:24 PM
looks nice and sounds like a hell of a deal.. but i would rather drive the one next to the garage :)

That_Guy
12-08-2008, 02:43 PM
I hope for your sake that he wasnt bullshitting you about the title lien thing. If there is a lien and he doesn't/didn't pay it off and just took your $$ and ran, you might have just purchased a $3500 yard tractor.

if that is the case ill buy it off of him for what he payed and use it at a farm truck

IM SERIOUS

Prince Valiant
12-08-2008, 03:38 PM
I've always had the owner get a re-issued title which then get's stamped/signed after the lien is satisified at the bank.

Flicktitty
12-08-2008, 03:50 PM
nice truck, whatcha doing with the Yota?

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-08-2008, 04:14 PM
i would drive the one next to the garage :)

nice truck, whatcha doing with the Yota?

93 toyota pick up 7 inches of lift on 35s-for sale

Yeehaw
12-08-2008, 07:10 PM
unfortunatly i think the toyota is leaving me got 10 vehicles in the driveway now and running out of room...its parked for the winter to ensure she stays clean :-)

and it is the original owner truck was titled in '96 with 20 miles on it pretty sure he is honest about paying it off he bought a new '08 GMC 2500 with the duramax

RanJer
12-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Nice Ford :thumbsup

How much are you trying to get for the Toyota?

Yeehaw
12-08-2008, 07:15 PM
7000 hopefully....has roughly 14k invested and is def one of the top 5 cleanest yotas in the state!

FourEyedFord
12-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Sweet truck!! I have a 96 PSD myself and they are great trucks. Injectors do wonders for them! :headbang

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Well then that really was a steal of a deal, I wonder if it has a 5 speed or is aujamatic ? Miles ?

Looks clean and straight from 20 feet.

SmokinRAM114
12-09-2008, 06:10 AM
Sweet truck!! I have a 96 PSD myself and they are great trucks. Injectors do wonders for them! :headbang

and when u sack up and run it on the race tune:goof:rolf

BOSS LX
12-09-2008, 07:49 AM

He just needed a little talk from the DEEEZEL GOD!:rolf

Yeehaw
12-09-2008, 01:00 PM
yea were see what i wanna do when the money comes along...truck has an auto and it has 287k on it and you really cant even tell besides the typical ford rot on the bed

FourEyedFord
12-09-2008, 01:33 PM

OK, in the gas world chugging is usually not a good sign!

The truck had less power on the race tune with the stock injectors, so I thought there was something up with the chip......until the new injectors went in that is! :D

BTW Chris, the motor is coming out of the truck for some "modifications". :devil

FourEyedFord
12-09-2008, 01:34 PM
yea were see what i wanna do when the money comes along...truck has an auto and it has 287k on it and you really cant even tell besides the typical ford rot on the bed

Wow for 287,000 miles and being a WI truck, it sure looks nice!!

SmokinRAM114
12-10-2008, 07:54 AM
OK, in the gas world chugging is usually not a good sign!

The truck had less power on the race tune with the stock injectors, so I thought there was something up with the chip......until the new injectors went in that is! :D

BTW Chris, the motor is coming out of the truck for some "modifications". :devil

:rolf "turn it on race" "it runs funny" "just do it" "i dont know.." "just do it cant hurt it" :rolf

hpop! studding that bitch? little porting, o ring or what?:goof sack up boi!

FourEyedFord
12-11-2008, 12:52 AM
:rolf "turn it on race" "it runs funny" "just do it" "i dont know.." "just do it cant hurt it" :rolf

hpop! studding that bitch? little porting, o ring or what?:goof sack up boi!

I'm doing the 17* HPOP, a complete fuel system from beans diesel (No more fuel bowl and mechanical pump!!!!), high pressure oil crossover, and one monster tranny cooler. Most importantly I am doing the high performance rust free oil pan. The other one decided it didn't want to hold oil anymore. :D

Studs would be cool, but not in the budget. Stockers should hold just fine for stage 1 injectors and a stock turbo anyway. Remember this is a tow truck and a DD!! The Mustang needs some attention over winter too.... :shades